Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There have been many articles about Luque and where he`s going to play next season. He is the biggest suprise so far in La Liga and has also proved his value in Champions League.

The thing is that both Real Madrid and we are chasing his signature. Perez has gone so far that he has told Luque that his son is a huge fan of him etc. It`s no secret that "los blancos" will do anything to get him.

Luque him self has told the press that he`s catalan and would like to play for Barça again. According to the press Barça is intressted, but as usull when it comes to Barça no one knows anything.

This will proberly be the biggest chase during the summer. Barça or Real? One thing is sure, he will play for one of them next season.

I read today (not relilable source) that Kluivert could move to Liverpool this summer. The english club are very keen in him and Patrick has declared him self that he wants to play in England. Kluivert has been on his way to Arsenal before, but they couldn`t match the wage he has in Barça ($ 5,5 million a year yo creo).

We also lack money and need to sell first. Rivaldo is another player that has a very uncertin future at Camp Nou. Since Kluivert and Rivaldo are our biggest stars they would also bring in most money.

I can`t step into Gaspart`s mind, but with Luque I think he wants to play like this;
Riquelme
Saviola-Luque

So what do you all think?:) All opinions are welcome aslong as they are on a highbassis. That means no; Rivaldo/Kluivert is the best player the world has ever seen etc.

Who can look into the cristalball?:)

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I hope that Barça buys Luque and iff that means that Kluivert must leave i kan leave whith that, and about Rivaldo i hope he stays.

JF

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
kluivert and rivaldo for me are not in sell, about luque he is a good player, but if barça want to buy him, never selling big barça names.

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Riquelme
Saviola Luque/Dani
That´s fine with me. :)

As often said before, Rivo out and Riquelme in seems to be Gaspart´s plan, if it won´t be that way, I´d be very surprised.
And with Kluivert out and Luque in, we´d profit even more in terms of bringing some money in.
I just hope Luque and Riquelme (especially him, since there isn´t much backup at that position) would settle fast, otherwise the quality of the first XI might drop.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
It's fine with me. I strongly believe that the nucleous of this team needs to be changed, that the "Vacas Sagradas" must be sacrified because they are old or not good enough. I hope the directors have learnt the lesson and they don't buy more untested players or weak characters. Apart from the players suggested, we also need ball winners in midfiled, that is a glaring weakness in our current squad: the athleticism, agresiveness of Xavi, Cocu and Gabri must be the worst in the whole of Primera Division squads. On the other hand, what about Mendieta? Wouldn't he be a good adquisition? Barça need only top foreign players with the right attitude, the rest of the squad should be completed with national product.

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
No doubt, Mendieta would be absolutely perfect and he´d fit nicely into our current tactical system.
But I am still hoping for Gabri to become the creative playmaker, he promised to be in his U21-years.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Mendieta would be absolutely amazing!! Especially because, as you say GJ, we're lacking some determination and fighting spirit, and i believe this is mendieta's main values. On top of that comes his excellent passing skills, hard shot and leader capabilities. Would be all we need, packed tight (and expensive :tongue: ) in an Italian based nutshell :D....

·
Registered
717 Posts
Well as I've said before, I don't like Riquelme, he seems too slow (and we already have enough of guys who want the others to run for them). I'd much rather like to see D'Alessandro (and Juventus is very eager to get him).
I think that Kluivert will certainly go to England (I hope not before the end of the season!!) but I think Gaspart still hasn't decided what to do with Rivaldo - maybe he can't erase the famous last season's scissors kick.
I don't want Rivaldo to go. I think we owe him bigtime.
As for Luque, I really don't care. I don't see him as a superstar ready to play for Barça (just another Alfonso/Dani type of guy). If he wants to go to RM, I won't shed a tear.
I'd much rather like to see Morientes joining Barça - he is definitely the best RM player this season. Since he came abck from injury they started to beat somebody. When he was out they were ridiculous (well, they always are, but you know what I mean... :)).

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
mendi would add the steal in midfield and some attacking flair as well !

i'ld rather him over riquelme - he is just another player that doesnt defend - and with barcas weak midfield - u cant afford to have players like this - we could only have riquelme if we had a core of 3-4 ball winners in midfield, currently, we have none !

mendi tracks back, sets up his team mates, is tenacious, and we know he can perform at la liga !

he is a 'sure thing' , well as close as one can get to one in football...

about getting rid of rivaldo - i'm not happy ( who will we replace him with !? )

getting rid of kluivert? YES PLEASE - u kno how i feel about kluivert and i kno ppl like him here , but too many times he just lazy, toomany times he spills the ball or pass that his teammates work hard to provide him with, he is very inefficient !

about luque, why not - we short on strikers and mayb this catalan will actually fight !

but i still perefer a tristan for kluivert swap - and the aquision of mendieta

if the only way we can finance this is by selling rivo for riquleme and we get a good striker and mendieta in the process so be it, i love rivo, but this is business after all....

cheers

·
Star Player
4,429 Posts
So much for high quality eh Robban :D

the ball peeker...that's me :stuckup:

I have one worry about Luque. That he's one season wonder like Dani..and to a certain extent Javi Moreno has been. What I'd prefer was a proven goalscorer. A man who scores, no matter where he goes.Now who that is...I have no faves here, but for sure I'm tired of seeing Kluivert miss chance after chance. I'd like to bring Luque in aswell, maybe as a backup striker? kindda like the role Alfonso had - unsuccesfully - before he left.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Pep said:
So much for high quality eh Robban :D

the ball peeker...that's me :stuckup:

I have one worry about Luque. That he's one season wonder like Dani..and to a certain extent Javi Moreno has been. What I'd prefer was a proven goalscorer. A man who scores, no matter where he goes.Now who that is...I have no faves here, but for sure I'm tired of seeing Kluivert miss chance after chance. I'd like to bring Luque in aswell, maybe as a backup striker? kindda like the role Alfonso had - unsuccesfully - before he left.

its interesting what u say about luque pep, yer, he has expressed intrest in playing for barca, but he is getting first team games now at mallorca, i doubt he would like to be barcas bench warmer !!

it would be a waste of money on barcas part as he is a promising player, but as you say, the unfinished article, i'm sure another club would love to develop him, instead of waste him...

if you want a striker BUY TRISTAN ! or mayb claudio lopez, i think lazio wanna get rid of him too !!

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
i think kluivert and rivaldo must be stay, i don't like mendieta and luque, tristan is a good player and for me will be a good adquisition, but the player that i would join for barça is ecolochini, from alaves, with him and puyol, no more defence.

·
Registered
195 Posts
No matter who we get , he first must be super quality player . The positions that strongly we need for me are a strong central defensive midfielder and a super goal-scoring player . To be honest , I don't think we have these players at the moment . As for the defesive midfieders , I think the best is Viera who I am sure we'll not get . Actually , Kluivert is an excellent player but not like his fellow player in top teams in la liga and world wide . I don't think he is like players of Raul , Sheva , Vieri , Nistelrooy and Owen type . I think we can sell him if we have one like those . As for Saviola , he still needs time for us to fully rely on him . Even if we get Riquelme or D'allesandro the very promising Argentinians . I don't think this should the end with Rivaldo . We can still employ him as a left-midfielder as he played with Brazil in the last WC . I think he must stay at any expense . Rivaldo is a super player who nearly have everything but inconsistent a little bit . Moreover , he provides many tactical options for any coach during the match . Of Course all of these are just speculations . We don't know what's on Gaspart's mind .
FORZA BARCA FOREVER .

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
LIVERPOOL DENY SIGNING KLUIVERT

Tuesday January 22 2002

Liverpool have rubbished speculation linking them with a move for Barcelona striker Patrick Kluivert.

Reports in Spain claim Liverpool had made a £20m bid for the Dutch star after weeks of secret negotiations between the two clubs.

But Liverpool officials say there is no truth in the stories and that Kluivert is not heading for Anfield, according to the club's website.

http://www.football365.com/All_News/Premiership_News/story_17790.shtml

JF

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Hesham said:
Of Course all of these are just speculations . We don't know what's on Gaspart's mind .
FORZA BARCA FOREVER .

mate, we don't even know if Gaspart does have a mind !

and btw, why is every1 linking kluivert to liverpool? they have enuff strikers ie, owen, heskey, litmanen, and recebtly they just bought anelka, tell me they gunna fork out 20 mil pounds for another one !

cheers

Y

·
0 Posts
nothing is fine......

if we have the best players in the world and to stars in the whole world , with a manager called carlos Rexach , we will not do anything and we will loose again from Rayo....

·
Registered
334 Posts
I think i know why Patrick is connected to Liverpool

He always has a special affection for the reds, last year he waved firendly with his hand to the local croud of Liverpool, taking us out of the semis of the UEFA cup:

depress: :depress: :depress: :devil:

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Liverpool was dumb enough to sign Anelka. If French striker improves till the end of the season (anybody believes that?), there won`t be a place for Patrick.

I don`t care who we`ll sign: Riquelme, D`alessandro or Mendieta. All of them are good, but some they leave some doubts. Young Argies will need a time to adapt. The thing is how long. Spaniard is/(was?) a great player, and nobody will tell which Mendieta he buys: 2-3 seasons ago Valencia`s leader or nowadays Lazio`s rotting bencher.

About Luque. I`ll be glad if we sign the guy. Some of you think that this is just another one season wonder like Salva or Moreno... Hell no! Believe me: if white scum will sign this young catalan - merengues will forget who`s Morientes. Luque is really awesome! The one thing he needs is a team with big support from the midfielders. Real and Barça can give that. And will be better if we give that to him. Luque isn`t just another power striker. (BTW, this sort of striker we need so much!) The guy can run and dribble very improving! I think, he`s perfectly suits us. We can buy Shevchenko or Tristan, but they cost much more, than Luque. And there won`t be a difference! And the most important: he`s a catalan and a patriot. If we won`t buy such quality catalan, what catalans you want to buy!? :confused: I just hope Gaspart won`t be a total jerk and won`t Luque go to Madrid.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts