Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
30,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Right, so Kalli has said himself he won't be here next season, but he will be helping out with his successors selection. So, I'm gonna compile a list of avaliable managers and touted managers within the media.

Linked by Media
Louis van Gaal (NED) AZ Alkmaar - Contract To Be Terminated
Klaus Toppmoller (GER) - Free Agent
Falko Gotz (GER) - Free Agent
Mircea Lucescu (ROM) - Shakhtar Donetsk
Abdullah Avci (TUR) - Istanbul B.B
Didier Deschamps (FRA) - Free Agent
Joachim Low (GER) - Germany NT
Guus Hiddink (NED) - Russia NT
Reiner Hollmann (GER) - Free Agent
Winfred Schafer (GER) - Al-Ain
Lothar Matthaus (GER) - Free Agent
Marcello Lippi (ITA) - Free Agent
Alberto Zaccheroni (ITA) - Free Agent
Michael Laudrup (DAN) - Getafe
Gheorghe Hagi (ROM) - Free Agent
Hector Cuper (ARG) - Parma
Francesco Guidolin (ITA) - Free Agent
Jose Antonio Camacho (ESP) - Free Agent
Xhevad Prekazi (ALB) - Free Agent
Jacques Santini (FRA) - Free Agent

Dream & Other Managers
Bulent Korkmaz (TUR) - Free Agent
Hakan Sukur (TUR) - Galatasaray (Player)
Razvan Lucescu (ROM) - Rapid Bucharest

Unlinked Free Agents
Jose Mourinho (POR)
Quique Sanchez Flores (ESP)
Martin Jol (NED)
Fernando Orsi (ITA)
Sam Allardyce (ENG)
Guy Roux (FRA)

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Key:
Free Agent
Contract Ending/Terminated End of Season
Under Contract

·
Registered
12,992 Posts
We've been cursed since Lucescu left, Terim, Hagi, Gerets and now Kalli.

So basicly Id like Luce back.

From those who were linked with us I would DEFINITLY not want Topmoller. Van Gaal would be good but I'd give the duo Avci and Arif also a chance.

Out of that list, most of them not even linked/or will be linked with us :D I'd definitly would like Low, but it seems very unlikely. I think he'll stay with the german NT after the euro's.

Luce
Van Gaal
Avci

these are my picks from the managers that have been linked with us

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
I want someone who will stay for at least 10 years.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Definetely Van Gaal.. I dont want any Turkish coaches-especially not Denizli-. Abdullah Avci may sound suitable but I think he must be the next NT coach after Euro 08 since it seems obvious Terim will be out after summer.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Well, according to today's rumour, your president has made Michael Laudrup's agent know of your interest in him, and you would like him to be here next season. I don't know if there's any truth to it? (danish source)

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
Turkish source claim it as well..
Damn, I hope he accepts it..

He is young and talented manager.

·
Registered
12,992 Posts
Well, according to today's rumour, your president has made Michael Laudrup's agent know of your interest in him, and you would like him to be here next season. I don't know if there's any truth to it? (danish source)
Yep, his agent is a turk (Bayram Tutumlu) and a friend of our president, Adnan Polat.

Its all true, but Tutumlu said that there were atleast 10 more clubs that want Laudrup and that we had to wait untill the end of the season as Laudrups still in the uefa cup, spanish cup and doing good in the league.

Laudrup himselve said that Galatasaray is a very big club but that he'd make a choice at the end of the season, all we can do is hope, I REALLY rate Laudrup as a coach and as a human. He knows how to have a bond with his group unlike our german coach who takes the piss out of everyone because he knows he's going to die soon, the old bastard he is. :jester:

·
Registered
559 Posts
Forget about Michael Laudrup... He rejected big offers from all over Europe for a very long time, before finally saying yes to Getafe, because he was only interested in building a coaching career in Spain and then Getafe is from Madrid (his 17-yo son Andreas Laudrup is playing for the Real Madrid youth Academy and Laudrup is very much a family man).

It's quite likely that Galatasaray are having talks with Michael Laudrups agent, but then so is 20 other clubs at the moment and as written, then Laudrup has rejected all non-Spanish offers in the past.

·
Registered
70,710 Posts
Why do you think in Mircea Lucescu and not in his son Razvan? He´s younger (obviously) and a most modern, and probably improved, version.
He won a couple of cups with Rapid, reached UEFA quarter-finals with them (winning even against his own father, Shakhtar vs Rapid), and playing notable football. He went later, and surprisingly, to 2nd division team Brasov, showing that money and fame is not so important for him, and they are destroying rivals there and are a promoted team since months ago. He even reached cup quarter-finals with them (eliminated by 1st division leaders in extra time), which is a quite good performance.

I´m not saying that he should be in GS list, but it´s time to consider Lucescu junior and not always the senior :) He will coach a strong team in the future.

Anyways good luck in your choice, Galatasaray is still a likable team for me.

·
Registered
12,992 Posts
I've heard of him but I didnt knew he was that succesfull, I always tought otherwise.

I still want Luce back so he can finish a job he started, I'm still sad about the way they send him away while he had such a huge bond with the fans. :broken:

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Forget about Michael Laudrup... He rejected big offers from all over Europe for a very long time, before finally saying yes to Getafe, because he was only interested in building a coaching career in Spain and then Getafe is from Madrid (his 17-yo son Andreas Laudrup is playing for the Real Madrid youth Academy and Laudrup is very much a family man).

It's quite likely that Galatasaray are having talks with Michael Laudrups agent, but then so is 20 other clubs at the moment and as written, then Laudrup has rejected all non-Spanish offers in the past.
I just asked if people here thought if there were any truth to it; because I do know that he wants his career to be within Spain. Afterall, I have always been a big supporter of the lad. =)

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
1 - 20 of 180 Posts