Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so where do I start? Ohh yeah- we have no f-in defense. Chivu, Samuel, and Cordoba are coming back in October...and Mourinho is trying to play a 4-3-3 with a squad that is not fit to play 4-3-3...by the way did I mention Quaresma if he even does show up, will do so 1 week before the season starts?

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Yes, we got some serious problems in defense and fitting into 4-3-3. After two more weeks, we'll probably have Crespo and Suazo playing CBs. Signing Quaresma makes us a better 4-3-3 but then we have too many strikers and we haven't been successful in getting rid of them.

On the bright side, Goal.com have reported that Inter has signed Carvalho on loan :proud:

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking about doing that so it didn't get me :D

·
Registered
33,671 Posts
The come-back:

So what if Quaresma has his pre-season training at Porto. He'll blend in, it's football, not rocket science.

We have plenty of fairly versatile players up front, Ibra, Balotelli, Jimenez, Mancini, Adriano... even Suazo. A 4-3-3 doesn't necessarily need to have 2 Ryan Giggsish winger-wingers.

... and there are plenty of solid CMs.

October for all 3 - that's a conservative estimate. Anyways, Rivas and Ferrari should do alright, with JC solid as ever.

Vai!

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We got Ferrari? Carson how come I was not informed of this!!!!!

·
Registered
33,671 Posts
No, we didn't get him yet, but we proly will get him, or someone like him. Eeeeezy, bro.:D

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Quaresma is coming from a 4-3-3 with just one winger(him) so that shouldn't be a problem. It just means he makes alot more crosses into the box to locate the center-forward and the support striker cutting in from the opposite flank, and more Quaresma crosses = a good thing.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Yes, we got some serious problems in defense and fitting into 4-3-3. After two more weeks, we'll probably have Crespo and Suazo playing CBs. Signing Quaresma makes us a better 4-3-3 but then we have too many strikers and we haven't been successful in getting rid of them.

On the bright side, Goal.com have reported that Inter has signed Carvalho on loan :proud:
That is Internacional, the brasilian club

·
Registered
306 Posts
We are not guaranteed Quaresma.

We have not offloaded anybody yet- very late in the transfer market.

Our players are still unfit.

Everybody is lashing out against Mourinho.

We bought a player who cheated on a Miss Universe with an ugly-ass lap dancer. Yes this bothers me. :groan:

4-3-3 doesn't seem to be working as brilliantly as planned.

JM got none of the players he was after.

This is why this season will be a disaster for us.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Woah, calm down Hand! We're in JULY for goodness sake, nothing can be called anything close to a disaster yet.

You guys made the biggest signing of the summer and that was getting Jose Mourinho, the man who turned average players into 20 M transfer figured stars. He'll work with what he has, he'll get all the attention on himself to allow the players to focus, and you guys will win games like a well oiled machine. Stay calm.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
is Ferrari good enough u think guys?? maybe way back in time, he was a very talented defender, whom Tazz really liked i remember ;) but know? i havent seen him in action that much so i really cant say so much about him.. but one thing is kinda positive, him being italian, and thats something i would want a little bit more, italians in our team :)

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm kind of disappointed yesterday that Mourinho said that he is worried about our defense. This is not the Joe-say I know..he would have attacked the referees and called out Ranieri for cheating. He wouldn't reveal weaknesses...what is wrong with him...did he get some humility??? Lose it, lose it fast Mr. M!!!

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Materazzi accident: l' outcome of the examinations Wednesday, 30 July 2008 18:44: 50 MILAN - Streching of first degree of the semimembranoso muscle of the left thigh. This l' outcome of the assessments orchestrates them to which he has been subordinate today, in according to afternoon, Mateterazzi Mark. The defender, infortunatosi in the first minuteren of Inter-Juventus dell' edition 2008 of the Tim Trophy, has been accompanied, for the programmed examinations already in the night, from the Frank university professor Combi, responsible dell' medical area of F.C. International. From tomorrow, to the resumption of the training to the sport center " Moratti" angel; of I level Moratti, Materazzi will be undergone to a program of specific recovery.

·
Registered
33,671 Posts
One more reason to hate that meaningless TIM Cup. The press goes nuts over such non-games.:irritate:

Chelsea, Man U, City, frigging Fulham are globetrotting, while we play half a game against our utmost rivals.:doh:

Arsenal, Man U, Liverpool in a round robin pre-season cup? Barcelona, Atletico, and Madrid? DON*T THINK SO!

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
If your going to have this problem, its good to have it now, as opposed to November. To be honest, I somewhat worried with the state of things in terms of transfers. I have felt the club has not gotten the right mix of players, but more importantly, I'm more worried with the state of Zlatan and Samuel's injuries.

They are still not training fully with the club, this to me is really worrisome. When was Samuel injured??

To me he is our most important player, and if he is not healthy, then we have some serious issues.

However, with JM as coach, for some reason I'm not ready to push the "panic button" just yet.

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
No need to panic. In JM we trust. RQ will arrive and boys will get used to the system. Serie a is still a month away.

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
According to JM we need to dispose of 3 players, 4 if quaresma is signed.

I imagine that Crespo,Suazo,Stankovic are amongst those about to leave. Maybe Burdisso or Rivas on loan once the defenders crisis is over.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts