Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
How many times have they played together? Today was only Stam's 6th Milan game.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Best left and right back in the world, best central defender overall and the best defender in pure defensive skills (manmarking, tackling, aerial game) in one lineup.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Talking about them in that order: Maldini, Cafu, Nesta, Stam.
Some will disagree on what I said on Stam, but I stand by that. Watch the Milan-Barca game and you'll see that RIGHT now he is what I said.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bayman said:
Talking about them in that order: Maldini, Cafu, Nesta, Stam.
Some will disagree on what I said on Stam, but I stand by that. Watch the Milan-Barca game and you'll see that RIGHT now he is what I said.
Stam and Nesta are what in Italy we define "players that settle one zone of the team alone"

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
yep agree on that.
Stam and Nesta could play defense all on their own.
Hector Cuper said this explicitly on Nesta once.

·
Registered
43,409 Posts
That will be sth. My expectations are so hight to see these 4 in regular playing time, that ultimately I eill be dissappointed.

Nice to see Stam back.

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
The Shev said:
How many times have they played together? Today was only Stam's 6th Milan game.
IIRC only 3 times

Milan - Lazio (Italian Super Cup)
Milan - Livorno (Serie A)
Milan - Barcelona (Champion's League)

Any more?

The best defence we've had since "The Ministry of Defence" :stuckup:

·
Registered
43,409 Posts
Its amazing that two of teh MoD guys are still playing with us. What a team that was, what a generation, what players!!!!! :proud:

This one has the opportunity to match them in so many ways. And match them in a more compatative, more brutal and more crue world out there. One more CL

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Man by man, this defence is superior to the "ministry" one. They don't have Rijkaard in fornt of them though.

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Il Genio, the Ministry or rather as it's called in Italy, the most famous quintet after the Beattles, or The Beatles of Football is missing one crucial member!

Him :devil: Super Seba :devil: :stuckup:

The Defence of :star::devil: Gli Invincibili :star::devil: The Best Ever Defence to Ever Grace This Planet!:stuckup:

As to Stam, Maldini and Nesta, they've indeed only played 3 games so far as mentioned rightly by Il Genio. :thmbup:

Hopefully these 3 along Il Pendolino can play and be healthy for the rest of the season and as the ysay in Italy, we will have some great satisfactions!:stuckup::happy: :star:

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
San Siro said:
Him :devil: Super Seba :devil: :stuckup:
Are u kidding? ;)

He was the malus send to our team by the football gods to make it at least a bit fairer for the other teams, to give the opponent a chance to at leasts score a goal every now and then against this unbelievable defense.

Tassotti/Costacurta/Baresi/Maldini at their peak in front of a Dida of the last two seasons and we would have probably finished two seasons in a row with conceeding. :tongue:

bono said:
Its amazing that two of teh MoD guys are still playing with us. What a team that was, what a generation, what players!!!!!

This one has the opportunity to match them in so many ways. And match them in a more compatative, more brutal and more crue world out there. One more CL
:thmbup: :cool:

·
Registered
472 Posts
Psycho said:
Are u kidding? ;)

He was the malus send to our team by the football gods to make it at least a bit fairer for the other teams, to give the opponent a chance to at leasts score a goal every now and then against this unbelievable defense.

Tassotti/Costacurta/Baresi/Maldini at their peak in front of a Dida of the last two seasons and we would have probably finished two seasons in a row with conceeding. :tongue:

:thmbup: :cool:
Sorry but Seba was a great keeper. Not many Goalkeeper would have regain his place in the squad as many times as he did. I think that should be respected!
I cannot even remember him making a blunder! But Dida is the better goalkeeper!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts