Xtratime Community banner

What to do about it?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big debate going on now about breaking, increasing or keeping the wage top.

It stands at 1.8M Euros, and so far we have had no problems attracting stars but in the future it may be a fcuking issue. So considering our funny financial situation, what should be done? :pp

Discuss :finger:

·
Registered
34,126 Posts
If this was FM i'd have released all the fcukers. :D

But in non-FM land, well i think we should just get rid of Albelda, Angulo, and other non-entities and bring the wage bill down. :angel:

I should be SD. :)

·
Registered
44,368 Posts
Just continue producing quality players and use the right scouting, things doesn't get better than that.

Invest good money in the cantera.

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Way to avoid answering the question Chester :pp

Still would you keep it or destroy it? Considering our not so sure finaces, I'd keep it but I would raise it to the minimum fair amount. Say from 1.8M Euros to 2.5M Euros.

·
Registered
34,126 Posts
Ooooh, it's too early in the morning, i didn't get the thread question, i just woke up.

I don't it should be left alone, i think the wage is a problem, so i'm not voting the first option.

It definitely needs to be raised.

Let me go on Foroche and see what they say. :pp

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He doesn't earn the most, he's on par with a lot of players like Joaquin etc.

Albelda and Villa earn the most, much more than this imaginary wage top, through bonuses etc. It's hypocrasy I think for us to officially have one when some players are earning more than that.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Keep it

Not one player deserves to earn more than 1.8m euros after last season's brilliant display.
Villa is the only one who deserves a higher wage, whoever doesn't like it can fcuk off.

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
True but disregarding last season we also have to think about the future, how are we going to attract high profile players with something around 1.8ME? I think 2.5 is more than reasonable but I think Villa will even break that at this reported 3M Euros.

I have huge suspisions that Villa and Albelda amongst others earn something around 2,5 already because they were more than at one point offered contract improvements when they were already earning the maximum amount.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Which high profile players are going to join us soon anyway?

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
If we had money, and we don't:smileani:

Once we can afford to sign high profile players I won't mind the wage ceiling being lifted, but the way we're going atm, the likes of (insert name here bar Villa) can dream about a higher wage.

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah but the whole debate right now is not about the other guys, they are keeping their wages at the moment until they prove themselves. It's about whether we should destroy the wage cap all together because Villa is promised around 3M Euros, or should we keep it and raise it a bit.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Don't raise it.

Whoever has a problem with Villa being an exception to the wage cap is free to leave.

Why should we raise it to 2.5 (and therefore have more players earning money while giving shit performances)?

Once we make UCL again I'm fine with raising it so we can sign the likes of VdV:pp

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bah, no one is going to get a raise aside from Villa ofcourse and the papers report that Silva (who I don't think even earns the current wage limit) will be next.

The good thing about us having a clearout this season is that we'll be making 15-20M Euros plus from kicking out 15 or so of the professionals we already have in the team and on loan. That's a huge wage bill cut off our shoulders.

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
One thing is for certain, it will be hypocritical of the club to keep the same ceiling, but let one individual earn higher than that. It will just cause enmity between the players, maybe not now, but for sure in the future.

It's better to raise it to that amount and the highest earning player is receiving, rumored to be 3M Euros for David now and if the players want an increase then they'd have to fight for it. Otherwise players who are already earning the top wage won't be motivated at all (this is referring to those players who are motivated more by money and not team colors).

·
All For You
1,289 Posts
did you know before silva's contract extension the boy only got 80k a year??

no wonder hes been so weak and thin :howler:

however, celiling or not i think the players got more than the salary cup, villa for example

1 - 20 of 36 Posts