Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With Mo gone we need someone who has a flare for presentation in creating new match threads.

Mo - created a style in his match threads that was copied by others but never duplicated.

who has the artistic vision & poetic justice to be our new Mo :D

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
It seems like a lot of members are leaving Xtratime, not only Real Madrid fans. Our forum was never so dead over the past few years. It was always busy. I think Xtratime should really take a closer look at the members in the site and work on 'recruiting' more members.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
yeah , Mo threads were really special we miss him around here
anyway I tried my best for this week match thread I know its no where near what he use to write but just to discuss about it :pp I reckon we use rotation system for these weekly threads :D

·
Premium Member
27,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It seems like a lot of members are leaving Xtratime, not only Real Madrid fans. Our forum was never so dead over the past few years. It was always busy. I think Xtratime should really take a closer look at the members in the site and work on 'recruiting' more members.
I think Mo just needs a vacation, the lad can run hot with his opinions and doing for the number of post he has made. A break is well needed.

we all go through it I think I was away some 4 -5 mos and in fact I thought back when I was a CM of committing cyber-cide and banning myself :happy::howler:

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Cyber side :howler: :D

Yeah Mo's game threads were really cool, i tried to put up some pictures in the Real Union game thread that i started but failed miserably so we definetely need somebody other than me :D

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Where's the guy? He's missed... for the good and bad things. :D

Seriously, I liked the guy. He was hot headed and he needed to control his temper (I think he may be Schuster... although the German isn't Muslim, I think), but I really liked to discuss with him. For any reason, I think we were able to have very good discussions with respect for each other. I hope everything is fine with him.

·
Premium Member
27,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
anyway I tried my best for this week match thread I know its no where near what he use to write but just to discuss about it :pp I reckon we use rotation system for these weekly threads :D
nah that's good enough man.

whoever wants to do the match threads can, if you kind of keep the same format, putting the date, time, venue and opposition, and predict a lineup, then that's more than good enough.

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
It could be because this time of year is the peak of workload for university students. I know that from now until Christmas break, I am frantically trying to get work done. Still have 4 papers 10 pages each to finish by the end of this month. Throw midterms and finals in the mix; along with watchin Real Madrid games(1st priority), Raptor games, gym, work.. It's hard to find time for XT. I'll never leave though, sometimes I have more time.. I'm sure this is the case for most ppl on these boards.

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
I have to say it sucks that El Feno decided to take a break. I respect that guy a lot and his posts are always worth the read and very informed.

I almost never come in here but the guy has made a good contribution to #71 and I hope to see him back in our forum soon.

·
Premium Member
27,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
is it me or does it seem like this forum has become edgy and members being either rude or hostile toward one another?

·
Registered
10,011 Posts
Very True Gary,even though i am a pest on this forum,doing this jekyll and hyde act of being nice and hostile,time and around.

I think Moe's optimism shadowed everything else cuz he is a nice guy,genuinely supporting his team masking all the cynicism.

I think if you are team of any uncertain bourgouise in Spain,Madrid or Barca,Disilluisonment in inevitable sometimes unable to laugh more.

·
Registered
5,434 Posts

Man honestly your match thread was superb ... nothing less than M4's

I think you should carry the torch now

·
40,147 Posts
is it me or does it seem like this forum has become edgy and members being either rude or hostile toward one another?
Not in particular, but the experience in the forums makes a difference. I think it's wrong to think that anything of the past was better. Since I joined XT, I wouldn't see many differences. It's just that some people you liked, because they joined the forum at the same time you did, left the forum and it's always more difficult to connect with rookies that probably are teenagers having discussions you think are as silly as they really are. In any case, as always, the forum didn't change as much as we think over the years.

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts
thats not since yesterday. Nothing new, really.

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts
I think Moe's optimism shadowed everything else cuz he is a nice guy,genuinely supporting his team masking all the cynicism.
Sorry but he was optimistic the first year he was on here, yes. But in the last time he more and more sounded like a cule than a madridista....

·
40,147 Posts
I think he looked more like a pessimistic guy, but I'm blamed for it too. Perhaps he was hard on his criticism, but I can not blame him for it... at least, he tried to defend it with reasons, his reasons, but reasons after all. Far from being a cule though.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts