Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See it’s been quite slow for obvious reasons. I hope everyone is doing well locked down or in whatever part of the world your in. Just wanted to see how everyone is holding up.

Anyways NY stinks, been surreal and everyday kinda feels the same. Hopefully we’re closer to the end here. I’ve had numerous co-workers sit meters from me come down with it. Somehow I didn’t get anything. (I am of the thought way more people had it with no symptoms I truly think I may have had it). Deemed an essential worker so still need to go into work. It’s incredible just how empty NYC area is, really is a surreal depressing site.

Wanted to see how everyone is doing? How’s it by you? How you handling the boredom, nothing to watch on TV, I actually sat through 30 minutes of a Belorussian match on SK. Crazy times indeed. :)

·
Banned
21,916 Posts
Thoughts and prayers for all of us and friends and family.

Am in the Toronto area, still have to go to work...but for one day a week at home. The second I get into work I close my office door but still have to interact with people to sign s.hit, etc. Wish I could avoid it but given how many are without jobs now in Canada...am grateful am working still.

I live in a suburb of Toronto...easy drive to work and from home now. Roads are empty. Surreal feeling.

Am rewatching games from the past and the great memories from the WC.

Brutally boring...normally watch Real Madrid...would have watched TFC (actually went to the home opener vs New York and then the league was stopped about 5 days later...and was so looking forward to Euros...what I probably miss most is going to my son's games...always fun watching and the dads in particular on the team are all great guys and we have good laughs...and the Euro and South American dads in particular always have quality comments to the refs on blown calls and get really into it...the "Canadian" hockey type parents just stare at us...they will never get it. ;)...lol

Hope everyone is doing well and stay safe guys.

·
dinamo67
9,347 Posts
Hey guys, I guess we're all in similar positions in terms of the lockout. If you're not going to work, grocery shopping, doctors and a few other things that are allowed you can get slapped with a fine or serve a jail sentence in NSW. I'm also considered an essential worker so that's ok. Work is only a few minutes drive away from my house and traffic is pretty non existent.

As probably the youngest member here I'm still living at home with my parents along with my two bros so I got enough company which is great. In saying that I'm not in my early 20's anymore. Time to plan ahead, however this has certainly put a pause to all that. I've watched the WC matches like Ante and usually spend a lot of time on my computer watching movies/tv shows and looking at stupid stuff on youtube.

I'd usually go to the pub a few times midweek so I certainly miss that. No more friday night craziness with the boys :(. Like I've mentioned before in another thread the thing I'm missing the most is going to the Sydney United games on the weekend with the homies. The atmosphere, abusing the opponents' players, drinking too much beer and heading back to King Tom with all the other fans and getting smashed. And no more Zagreb schnitzel. I look forward to the season more than anything else and now I got wait even longer and who knows for how long. No Lakers basketball is also breaking me apart.

Stay safe everyone especially those in New York though like CB. Crazy what's happening there.

·
1st Tier Poster
49,519 Posts
See it’s been quite slow for obvious reasons. I hope everyone is doing well locked down or in whatever part of the world your in. Just wanted to see how everyone is holding up.

Anyways NY stinks, been surreal and everyday kinda feels the same. Hopefully we’re closer to the end here. I’ve had numerous co-workers sit meters from me come down with it. Somehow I didn’t get anything. (I am of the thought way more people had it with no symptoms I truly think I may have had it). Deemed an essential worker so still need to go into work. It’s incredible just how empty NYC area is, really is a surreal depressing site.

Wanted to see how everyone is doing? How’s it by you? How you handling the boredom, nothing to watch on TV, I actually sat through 30 minutes of a Belorussian match on SK. Crazy times indeed. :)
antibody-based testing should be widely available soon so you can check it out ... if the virus returns in the fall (as it most likely will) then you know at least whether you're immune or not.

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hopefully in the next few weeks the anti-body testing becomes a priority. With it people will become confident they’re fine and can re-enter the economy. Also will give us background to see how widespread it is.

I hope a random sample of people is done in a place like NY to see a glimpse about how widespread it really is.

·
No pain - No gain.
4,164 Posts
I'm back after maybe 2 years off from the forum but today, I'm back and I really hope that everyone is fine... I send you all my positive vibes and thoughts my friends, stay strong ! 🧡

·
dinamo67
9,347 Posts
I'm back after maybe 2 years off from the forum but today, I'm back and I really hope that everyone is fine... I send you all my positive vibes and thoughts my friends, stay strong ! 🧡
That's great to hear. Just one question. What's happening with that WC 2018 project you were working on. It's all good if you can't do it. We all know life is busy and this year has been crazy.

·
No pain - No gain.
4,164 Posts
That's great to hear. Just one question. What's happening with that WC 2018 project you were working on. It's all good if you can't do it. We all know life is busy and this year has been crazy.
Yes, I had many problems in my family during these last two years DZ, and during all this time, I was unable to take a pen and create something, but slowly I come back and I really hope to be able to finish the project before the Euro 2021.

This could be nice for me and my spirit to finish the project, because this could be really tough to live and stay on something unaccomplished. Especially with a project who is talking about our NT.

But you know, this is really great to see that you remember this project after all this time DZ ! It gives me more strength for the future next weeks to come ! Thank you again for your kind words, and I'm really happy to know that everything is fine for you DZ !!

·
dinamo67
9,347 Posts
Yes, I had many problems in my family during these last two years DZ, and during all this time, I was unable to take a pen and create something, but slowly I come back and I really hope to be able to finish the project before the Euro 2021.

This could be nice for me and my spirit to finish the project, because this could be really tough to live and stay on something unaccomplished. Especially with a project who is talking about our NT.

But you know, this is really great to see that you remember this project after all this time DZ ! It gives me more strength for the future next weeks to come ! Thank you again for your kind words, and I'm really happy to know that everything is fine for you DZ !!
Hey man no problem. No need to explain yourself. I like to be optimistic but like you I've also had family problems. I know how hard that can be to deal with. Anyway keep safe and keep on keeping on.

·
No pain - No gain.
4,164 Posts
Hey man no problem. No need to explain yourself. I like to be optimistic but like you I've also had family problems. I know how hard that can be to deal with. Anyway keep safe and keep on keeping on.
No problems DZ, thank you so much for all your kind words ! I totally agree with you, I like to be optimistic too but by times, things can be really tough to deal with and cost us some damages. But, as you said, we need to keep going and trust that things gonna be alright.

This was really great to share these words with you after all this time far from the forum DZ ! See you soon here, and keep safe too.

In two months, we'll have the pleasure to watch Croatia destroy France and take his revenge during the Nations League ! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts