Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He played today; Under Ancelotti he should become the vice Pirlo.

Although he won't come :depress:, Let's hope :hopeful:

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
Modric?

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
There would be no point of Modric going to Milan and being a 'vice' anyway.

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There would be no point of Modric going to Milan and being a 'vice' anyway.
How about Pirlo and Mordic playing together :hopeful:

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Dont think that would work either. Too weak. Unless Kaka was sold.

·
Administrator
52,970 Posts
If you hadnt said today, I would have guessed you meant Moutinho.

And vice means being benched, and yeah, good luck finding quality players like these being willing to be.

And Modric (or his type) can easily work with Pirlo, especially since Modric is quite hardworking as heck even if creative. It wouldnt be too weak midfield, he would just replace Seedorf, not Gattuso/Ambro.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I dont know... even today you see the Croatia midfield get over-powered... I think Milan do need a reserve Pirlo, but certainly they could do better with a true box to box midfielder from the mold of Ballack or Lampard in their squad.

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you hadnt said today, I would have guessed you meant Moutinho.

And vice means being benched, and yeah, good luck finding quality players like these being willing to be.

And Modric (or his type) can easily work with Pirlo, especially since Modric is quite hardworking as heck even if creative. It wouldnt be too weak midfield, he would just replace Seedorf, not Gattuso/Ambro.
Moutinho is good too, but then you will have to put up with Joshua's garbage :D

I guess Modric can easily be transfered to Pirlo, just like how Pirlo was transfered. He's got vision, great passing skills, and holds the ball quite well, but not the typical AM; so he would make a great Pirlo.

·
Administrator
52,970 Posts
What do you mean transferred? He already plays exactly the kind of role Pirlo plays, except he is he way more hardworking then Pirlo defensively, and can hold his ground more even if they are the same size.

And Deano yeah, Croatia's midfield can easily be over powered, but thats more due to playing with a fragile "DM" like Kovac and lazy as mofo like Krancjar, then Modrics own fault (Srna doesnt add much battle cries either).

In a Milan type formation, he is dynamic enough to be two-way midfielder like Seedorf, while helping out defensively. He wouldnt need to carry the defensive weight while playing with rino/ambro then with someone like Kovac.

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
Moutinho is good too, but then you will have to put up with Joshua's garbage :D
Somehow I have a feeling Jao would just be a 30 million euro version of Yoann (had he played regularly).

·
Registered
398 Posts
Moutinho/Modric would both replace Seedorf, they wouldn't really be vice-Pirlo's.

A vice Pirlo would be Banega :)

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Pirlo has no subsitution :hopeful:(looking at the market right now), he is one of a kind.

If we can get eto,drogba or etc,,,etc, pls revert kaka back to midfield

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What do you mean transferred? He already plays exactly the kind of role Pirlo plays, except he is he way more hardworking then Pirlo defensively, and can hold his ground more even if they are the same size.
He is been used as AM sometimes though, like the early days of Pirlo; that's ehy he needs Carlo to complete the transition :proud:

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Pirlo has no subsitution :hopeful:(looking at the market right now), he is one of a kind.
True, but Modric could be the closest thing to him :hopeful:

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Moutinho/Modric would both replace Seedorf, they wouldn't really be vice-Pirlo's.

A vice Pirlo would be Banega :)
Isn't Banega more of a classic DM though?

·
Registered
398 Posts
No, he's a playmaker type.

He was used as a general playmaker in Boca but after Gago left he was reverted back into the DM role, ala Pirlo.

·
Registered
43,403 Posts
thus far the only impressive players have been in Portugal - those we know of so well (Ronaldo, Simao, Pepe, I would say even Deco and Nuno Gomes). The one that probably had the best game though was indeed Moutinho. One or two more games like that and there will be a mercato war ;) especially if the rest show that super solid and boring quality of the Euro NTs. Why everybody tries to be the German NT (or Greece lats time around), is beyond me. Clearly only the Germans (including when they were disguised in in Greek national shirts in 04) can do it properly, meaning - winning.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts