Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i know i've been buggin ya all with endless rumours...but i'm jst gonna write this topic to give ya news about any rumours coming up concerning l'pool/...whether they seem true or not!! :eek:

sergi:denies he's about to sign for deportivo...but he admitted that even if he was..he would still lie! :eek:
but barca should sell him though cos he has only a yr left on his contract..so better hurry up before losing him for nothing..

mozart:planetfootball metioned GH is keen to get this brazilian midfielder to add more depth to his squad...several big clubs are monitoring him including porto..

anthony lurling:heard GH has been watching him for several months..and that 2wks ago GH bidded 3M for him...nothing's up right now
he's the 3rd mos tprolific goalscorer..and his style is the same as ruud van nistelrooy..

markus allback:swedish fwd that's attracting a few clubs right now...GH had him watched and impressed a lot..scored 2 goals!
rosenborg is very keen on him..but now spurs wanna get him too....

samba:was invited again as VIP to watch another match....right now he's at man u..
but l'pool are still the big favourites to snatch him..

so that's it for the time being..
and anymore rumours u might get..just write it here!

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
These damn rumers.I wish GH would just sign somebody,someone who can play in the right centre and he should look to the younger local players.
There are very good young players such as Joe Cole,Robbie Keane,Stephen McPhail especialy all those Irish players.Oh god I love Ireland!!!!

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well robinson..the leaving l'pool chairman (or is it prez!?) said sergi is leaving barca to join us in the summer..
sergi has a clause of 3000M pesetas(how much in can.$??),..and deportivo has bidded for that amount..meaning barca cannot refuse!
but barca is willing to lower the fee and sell him to a foreign club rather than to deportivo

however GH denied all claims...

GH also said no new faces are to be expected next season..
but if we get inot CL..maybe 1 or 2 new faces could enter into the squad

neil murphy will be leaving the club in the summer..being out of contract
he'll go on trial to several clubs
many ppl are surprised the club is letting such a gd prospect go though.. :(

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SOL CAMPBELL!!!
there are rumours that GH bidded for him before the transfer dealine which was refused..

but there are rumours that l'pool are ready to go head-to-head with man utd to snatch him!!!!
can u imagine him coming over here!??that would be way too ..unrealistic!?
babbel-campbell-hyypia-henchoz....

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i don't think we need another striker now..
we already have 3 excellent ones with fowler-owen-heskey and a very gd back-up in camara..

but i think we only need a left-back..and left winger..
babb,bjornebye are sure to leave..and GH want s to sell staunton...
so we really need another left back..

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
GH said at the weekend that there is no need to bring in any new players over the summer. Babbel will probably be the only new face. Personally I think thats OK. The squad have settled well. No need to mess with the balance.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
just wanna tell you something about marcus allbäck:he is swedish and i know him,and seen him play a lot.he became the topscorer in sweden last year,but he's not really good.
it's not a good league,and i think he didn't score more than 20 goals.
if liverpool buy him,he will not play,cuase he's not good.
he played with bari in italy,but he never played a lot,he wasn't good enough.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Houllier has said that if we do qualify for the Champions League, then he will strengthen his squad!

Gérard Houllier has admitted he will strengthen his Liverpool squad next season if the Reds qualify for the Champions League.

But the Reds' boss insists there will be no mass influx of new talent similar to last summer when eight new players came through the Anfield doors.

He says: 'If we step up to the Champions League we would have to think about strengthening a bit. It won't be anything like what happened last year because we don't need that.
'But what may lead me to take on one or two players is the number of games we'd be likely to have. I'd also have to consider the fact that we have nine or ten players in Euro 2000 or the under-21 championships this summer.

'In Euro 96, Jamie Redknapp broke his ankle. Any of my players may be injured in the competition itself or come back tired and then get injured. You have to be careful.'
http://www.liverpoolfc.net/1999/news/apr/16_07.html

·
Registered
441 Posts
I think four possibly six players will come in the summer

1 x keeper, possibly 2
2 x defender
1 x midfielder, possibly 2.

Then we'll be ready.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
GH has now denied he's interested to bid for sol campbell..
he said the deal bet. campbell-man utd is 99.9% done ...and anyway he'd not be assured of a 1st team spot!

wimbledon has reportedly lowered thatchers initial price of 8M to 5M...but GH has still refused!!
he said he would buy him only at the right price..and will not increase his initial 3.5m bid!!

so either wimbledon accepts 3.5M ..or else nothing! :D

nah i don't think we need that many players...
our midfield is already gd with gerard-hamann redknapp in central midfield

right mid&def: smicer.heggem,song , carragher, thompson , partridge

def:babbel. henchoz , hyypia

att:heskey, camara , owen, fowler

only westerfeldm matteo and berger do not have a very gd back-up...if not at all.. ;)

·
Registered
7,601 Posts
yeaa, we don't need him!!!
we don't need any body right now!!!
all we need is a game with MU, and with that we can proove that we can beat them easily... :)

·
Registered
441 Posts
We were interested in Campbell seasons ago, but no longer. He would have been a good acquisition, but he is definitely going to Man U.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
you are wrong,liverpool is interested in campbell again,but i think he goes to man utd the same....

[This message has been edited by nasty nick (edited 18-04-2000).]

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Liverpool defender Steve Staunton is wanted by former boss Graeme Souness
who's now manager of First Division side Blackburn Rovers.

Souness saw Staunton in action for the reserves last night in the 2-0 away
victory over Manchester United. It's believed that Souness, who was
accompanied at the game by Kenny Dalglish, is also interested in American
goalkeeper Brad Friedel.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I disagree - we do need another central defender of quality - Imagine if Hyppia or Henchoz brake a leg.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Imagine???

Sami Hyypia reportedly has dropped out of Finland's next friendly match on 26/4.It is reported that he has a loose spur of bone on his ankle which will require surgery,
a similar injury to that which RF s just making a return from. How did he pick up this injury you ask?
None other than Ole Gunnar Solskjaer making his reckless tackle in the 1-1 draw at Old Trafford.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Souness likes Staunton and claims the only mistake he did in his stint as Liverpool manager was to sell him. Hope he does buy him though.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Badge, where did u hear this stuff about Hyppia needing surgery? They didn't mention it on Liverpool clubcall today.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yups!
souness watched staunton play a reserve game and may make a move for him very soon..

dalglish was also there but watching brad friedel..

about hyypia..there are rumours he will need an operation in the summer...

1 - 20 of 47 Posts