Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread is made out for newcomers so they dont make the same mistake I did, I think it deserves a sticky! :D

1- Jimmy, Tazz, Timothy are perfect human beings thus everything they said it is always right which implies that disagreeing with the is stupid and a big offense.

2- Gloryhunting is a Gracious and kind conduct, here in the inter forum gloryhunters are appriciated and have great support.

3- Let's create and believe all crazy rumors it makes it more fun.

4- Hating Roberto Carlos and dissaprove of his abilities is also enhance and wellcomed.

5- The same goes with Adriano.

6- No matter how much Ventola suck he is the best it is not wise to criticize him.

7- Hating and Dissing Massimo Moratti is another sign of a great poster in this forum.

8-Do not show passion for inter, and never ever under any circunstances defend internazionale or be proud of your club, polite people dont show such high emotions for inter.

9- Be highly skeptic, and negative about the nerozzurri, showing hope, or trusting the club to do the best, is intolerable!

10-Hypocrecy is a quality only reserve for the best and should be practice more if you want to get respected here.

If you think I have missed an unwritten rule, go ahead and post it ;)

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
You forgot about the

"Go to the Milan forum every time they don't win and try to piss them off"

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Still trying to get my attention i see......

·
Registered
228 Posts
SAC...damn,,this is u´r greatest thread so long..I really enjoyed reading it..I specialy liked nr 1, and 10...keep it rell..haha,,forca SAC.

I also think that this deserves a sticky.

·
Registered
14,769 Posts
i suppose you dont like this forum, huh?

I can see how rookies or newcomers would be intimidated by people like jimmy or tazz or tim or some other people.

That is quite normal you know, because the "Veterans", (although i hate that address because that gives a false status to people), are always so expressive to their comment. What i mean is that they are used to posting things that are "argumentive", and somthing really long with loads of information just to support his/her views.

What this mean is that they always stand firm to their points with tons of facts or whatnot that is however right or wrong, so that those info would justify his cause.

Well, the only thing i can say about that is: STAND UP FOR YOURSELF, MAN! If a vet argues with you about facts with loads of his views or facts, DO THE SAME damn THING!! Get your FACTS, gather your INFOS, and friggin TELL THEM OFF!!!

Why not?? they can't hurt ya, sh!t, Stand by to your view with logical and mature comment!! if you think ventola sucks, then FRIGGIN stand by it and TELL US WHY!!

If you dont think we need ronaldo, SHOW US some FACTS and TELL US WHY!!!

as simple as that.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I hope you can all join me in bowing down in reverence at the Temple of Wit and Irony that is SpaceAgentCobra.

Such foresight and satire in one so obviously frustrated is a rare sight indeed...

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fifa presidents here ill throw some info for you.

Ronaldo serieA minutes 335 goals 3 that equals a goal every111.666 and so minute

Kallon 1426 minutes 9 goals that goes for 1 goal every 158.444 mins

Vieri 998 mins 13 goals equals 1 goal ever 76.76 minutes

Ventola 494 has 3 goals thats means 1 goal every 164.66666667

now lets not get into subjective arguments such as tactics and stuff since I could argue Lots of ronaldo minutes came in when he was just re entering and got injured again, lots of lets game subs, and kallon is basically the defensive foward in cupers scheme, im not arguing this, im just puting up the facts.

Out of the 4 inter strikers Ventola is the worst, numbers dont lie , liars do figure.

Now its funny as soon as someone praised this post lots of negative remarks had to arise, I sense some envy :D before cuper's post noone had harsh words for me. oh by the way I did a thread explaing how patrick was a gloryhunter and I got reported to the FM forum and got that thread close, when its a fact that PAT changes from teams to teams, now Mr Simpson calls me frustrated(with no factual evindence of this), and some how some way thats not view a personal attack, in the way my Patrick post was seen. That ladies and gentelmen is hypocrecy

:)

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I'm very disappointed with u!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
398 Posts
I think what the Fifapresident says is right. That´s the basic. You are free, and also have a resposibility to speak from your heart and wiev. That will make this forum more stimulating and fun.

Like in the "real world" it not that easy to be free with other people. We have feelings :) . Whats most important (in life) when beeing with people (Yes, we are beeing with eachother here, we are communicating) is to feel LOVE. To feel that you are ok, you are in the group, you are being liked, showned respect etc.
When people are insecure of themselves, they need to hear all the time that they are ok, liked etc. And thats what happening here. Like FifaPresident said "Stand by yourself man", thats what is missing in society, thats was missing here. Be Here. :)

If you are bad in english, like I am, be better. Or if you have "problem" with debating, try. But don´t be someone else only because you are afraid of failure and no-love. You can live without that, but you can´t live without youself.

:)

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Robaldo, did you not did my second post on purpose or what, why would you repeat what fifa said; I gave him my reply. About going to other Forums PePP started that, since when one cant defend their club??

·
Registered
14,769 Posts
GOOD!! Cobra, that's how you post your argument!

Now ask yourself honestly if you had done that EVERYTIME you got into a soccer related argument. Support your views with facts and information. I've read your previous posts before, and i can tell you that not all of your posts are worth reading.

A good post consist nothing more than: Accurate data, intellegent arguements, and your 2 cents. Concise and witty is of course essential too. But if you post something like this all the time, i dont see why you would feel this unfairness exist.

The difference between vet and rookies sometimes is just that; the amount of time that they are willing to spend to post something that would have an impact on other people's views.

I am serious, why some people are so intimidated by the veterans primary because they write long, informative posts showing that they are willing to spend time in their post to pursuade the other party, or sometimes just to make them feel stupid.

Granted, somtimes the veterans have a small pride that they carry, the sense of feeling that they are always right, and hell that's normal too! It's just that some of them, myself included, had been here for like 2 years or more so we really feel like home, we basically know every veterans out there, the likes of TAZZ or jimmy or other forums, we know each other so well that even if they unintensionally offended somone, we KNOW that they might be joking. That's the difference you will have to understand.

Like TAZZ for example, for a rookie you would imagine he is always yelling and calling everyone [email protected], well, most of the time he AINT joking, but we are so used to that it's just his style. That's the point i wanted to get across, sometimes when you dont know the member that well, you can't really differenciate if that's his/her style, or they are really an @$$. That definately biased towards the vets and roks. Perhaps the vets take fault in that, but that's really hard to change, it's just a habbit you would develop once you get to know the place)

and about andy simpson's comment, dont take everything so personal, smipson is a great poster of the forum, now he doesn't show up as much as he used to, so he might not really know what kind of person you really are, but that's the risk you take when you enter the cyberspace and express your feelings, right? Come on, remember, this is the INTERNET, dont expect the people that read your posts are people that knows you for 10 years or something. Take everything more light heartedly.

About the FM reported incident, it's no biggie, seriously, it's nothin'. Even TAZZ had been threatened to be BANNED, this forum is pretty strict, i suppose that's just a protection to the users AND the webmaster.

The forum takes precaution early now, we all remember the "ABDUL's INCIDENT", just about 95% of the members were pissed off at him, and that turned out WAY uglier than "Patrick gloryhunter" thing. That incident was probably a lesson that the site learned to prevent riots to cause. The truth of the problem is that, because this site is sooo diversed, it is very hard to maintain order once it gets too far, the best way of course, is to solve it while it is still a containable matter.

...that's all i can think of now...

·
Registered
398 Posts
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? I´m talking about why people don´t are themselves. Why people are afriad for saying there meaning. In a wiev, that is what your first post was about.
If you don´t understanded that feel free to ask me.:)

Why I "reapeted" FifaPresident were because I thought like him and wanted to say that. Then I short and easy said that it is not always that easy to say your opinion, because you have feelings.
I know it was´nt all covered, but a few word about it.

·
Registered
228 Posts
well robaldo..I agree with u,,It would be so much better if everyone deared to say what they are thinking..without being jumped on..from people like tazz, jimmy and Timothy...

but thats exactly what SAC did..he shared hes thoughts..and he doesnt hav to proof it to u, Fifa President..who are u? the chief??

u yourself talked about "veterans", that u didnt like that word..but no suddenly, u play that people, in this case SAC, must explain things to u...what r u an idiot? what part of the thread didnt u understand? what does he have to explain?

·
Registered
14,769 Posts
Dont get mad Cuper, you must have misunderstood...

I never said I was the "chief", i was just saying what a good argumentive post would consist of, i never said that you HAVE to go by it. By the quality of the forum you can actually see that most of the people AREN"T going by it, but that's ok, everyone has their style, or time, or mood, or other factors.

I said that if you follow things like: support your opinion with information, state your insight and others things would be the best you can do as an argument. If i said you HAVE to follow the guidelines you would KNOW. Which is very ironic now that you raise your point, because the name of the thread is the "Unwritten rules of the Inter Forum," so technically SAC is the one that's making us a guideline. Now that you put the blame on me. But i dont mind, maybe i misunderstood you or maybe you misunderstood me, this is what "working things out the civilized way" is all about.

And YES, i dont like the word "vet" and "rookies" because that is a false status where no one really is a veteran or a rookie, who here can define the fine line between a veteran and a rookie?? There is no standard. I've used those terms here because it is easier to isolate the two groups for this argument. And i've already stated that sometimes there ARE difference between the two groups of people.

I didn't force SAC to answer or "explain" to me, he started the conversation. Again, i think the best way to work things out is to conduct a meaningful and intellegent conversation.

if i've offended either one of you, i apologize, i sincerely meant no harm. It's very normal to misunderstand some of the stance when you are typing on the screen, but i hope we can work things out in an orderly fashion. If you have discovered discomfort from the above comments, i appologize to you. And beg for your forgiveness.

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The difference between vet and rookies sometimes is just that; the amount of time that they are willing to spend to post something that would have an impact on other people's views

Being a Vet doesnt imply longer or better post, do you have factual evidence of this? I would believe the length and the quality of the post would depend on the knowledge about that game, the writing skills of the poster, the desire of making a good post and other factor which are more significant than just the amount of time that someone has spent on this website. This notion of yours is flawed and quite misleading.

I am serious, why some people are so intimidated by the veterans primary because they write long, informative posts showing that they are willing to spend time in their post to pursuade the other party, or sometimes just to make them feel stupid
Again some Veteran have praised Ventola in this forum for a long time, and their argument have never contained facts, because if they had, it would had been obvious he suckz; and the numbers show that, he is the less efficient foward in inter as of right now.

[Appeal to Pity
(argumentum ad misercordiam):The reader is told to agree to the proposition because of the
pitiful state of the author.

Examples:
(i) How can you say that's out? It was so close, and besides,
I'm down ten games to two.
(ii) We hope you'll accept our recommendations. We spent
the last three months working extra time on it.]
<----- this should explain why the argument that Veteran spent more time doesnt mean there post are better, you just use this stance to get acceptance, doesnt prove anything about how good older posters are. :D

Granted, somtimes the veterans have a small pride that they carry, the sense of feeling that they are always right, and hell that's normal too! It's just that some of them, myself included, had been here for like 2 years or more so we really feel like home

[Appeal to Popularity
(argumentum ad populum)
Definition:
A proposition is held to be true because it is widely held to
be true or is held to be true by some (usually upper crust)
sector of the population.
This fallacy is sometimes also called the "Appeal to Emotion"
because emotional appeals often sway the population as a
whole.]

So because you have spent more time we must stand everything you say? that gives you more credibility over others?

and about andy simpson's comment, dont take everything so personal, smipson is a great poster of the forum, now he doesn't show up as much as he used to, so he might not really know what kind of person you really are, but that's the risk you take when you enter the cyberspace and express your feelings, right? Come on, remember, this is the INTERNET, dont expect the people that read your posts are people that knows you for 10 years or something. Take everything more light heartedly
[Straw Man

Definition:
The author attacks an argument which is different from, and
usually weaker than, the opposition's best argument]
I used the Andy simpson post to show how the rules are not apply the same to everyone, yet you give it another connotation, as if he didnt know me, and internet is like that etc, but the matter in question is not addressed by you, another way of mislead reader by a so call "VET"

That is quite normal you know, because the "Veterans", (although i hate that address because that gives a false status to people), are always so expressive to their comment. What i mean is that they are used to posting things that are "argumentive", and somthing really long with loads of information just to support his/her views
Well I'm quoting your own statement to show you why would I make such a long and expressive argument, but I'm using all the fallacies in your post to show how veterans dont always use accurate information to support their views

[Style over Over Substance

Definition:
The manner in which an argument (or arguer) is presented is
taken to affect the likelihood that the conclusion is true
While it is true that the manner in which an argument is
presented will affect whether people believe that its
conclusion is true, nonetheless, the truth of the conclusion
does not depend on the manner in which the argument is
presented. In order to show that this fallacy is being
committed, show that the style in this case does not affect the
truth or falsity of the conclusion]

·
Registered
14,769 Posts
1. sac, i thought we were focusing all along on the vets that you mentioned in your rule, and they are TAZZ and jimmy and such. and yes, they have long and informative posts.

The difference between vet and rookies sometimes is just that; the amount of time ...
I said "sometimes", i didn't say the vets are always absolute AND NO i never said you have to listen to them.

3. and yes, i do think spending time constructing a post is a good quality to start writting a post. Instead of slapping a short sentence, i prefer some facts. and yes for me, i need time to construct a well written post.

4. Your talk about the popularity thing is irrelevant. It's not popularity, it's a mutual understanding. Again, the vets aren't always credible, since when you can't argue with a veteran? for example if jimmy said a statement and pissed you off, i might find that statement not as offensive as you because i know him better. This is an example but it can sum up many things. I've often to tell you to stand up for your own views did i not?

but the matter in question is not addressed by you, another way of mislead reader by a so call "VET"
The andy simpson matter isn't a "VET" mistake, just my misunderstanding, i dont want to see people after people's necks.

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Look Fifa in ever society or community there is a "stablishment", there are some set of rules and principles that are accepted by most.

XT is no different from that, is the Stablishment here completly evil or wrong? no, is it entierly fair, truthfull and well intended no, now Do I pretend to change the bad? no way, this is a fun game for me, wars disputes, jokes and we get good and bad information too, we also share stories, and emotions but at least for me it doesnt affect my personal life.

Now the american society have people from within that often criticize their on style of life, or the way some things are going on, what president hasnt be made fun of, or questioned? when theres a dictatorship and someone dares to be critical about the system if often leads to terrible consequences for that person.

I just wanted to joke about some the things that happends in here, if you felt or someone felt it was a personal attack, it might be because they have a huge ego, or internet set people for lots of missunderstandings.

If you think that Tazz jimmy and tim never act as if their are 100% and they have never cover there backs and gang against one person, then I can see why you felt like blowing this out of proportions.

If you havent noticed how Roberto Carlos class is unappreciated, or how Adriano is harshly criticezed for a 19 yr in his first season in europe, or how ventola is so beloved, for not apparent reason whatsoever, then I see why you didnt get my point.

And if you would say well Ventola is so well liked here for his love of inter, theres where the hypocresy bit comes in, I see how Moratti is ridicule and hated openly for his bad invesment, all for the love he has for inter( lets not forget he got also all the stars we love) yet people here dont seem to be so kind of him, thinking oh he bought this guys since he wanted to improve the squad, but if Ventola suck in the pitch we overlook that in favor of his loyalty for us.

So you see this wasnt a hidden personal attack on Jimmy like AMOROSO! suggested, and like other have been let to believed

1 - 20 of 42 Posts