Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What´s with this guy. He is so inefficient. When a teammate is 20 metres away from him, it´s as if he just has ticks or something. He has to pass in the air, a ground pass is like breaking the law for him or something. F unnecessary. Inter don´t need. Inter need speed and power in the midfield, I´m so tired of Veron and all the turnovers he gives. Sometimes his crosses are good and efficient, but in the long run it´s not enough.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Hmm...true.....I agree with all your statements

Yet when I see Inter's midfield without Veron somehow I start to shiver and become his no. 1 fan

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
Veron is the type of player that can be called a luxury. He is, when he wants or inform, a TREAT to watch. He makes ppl have orgies from his play, but that happens more rarely then often. There are those players that can keep the same consistent performance level but these players alos lack this that Veron has. Veron is a luxury, he should be in the team only if you don't rely on him only otherwise it's abit taking the risk.

·
Registered
15,534 Posts
He HAS to go. End of story.

Veron's been losing football matches for teams for years. Single-handedly ruined Man Utd's midfield.

Yeah he is a luxury. Nice player to have when the rest of the team is on top form and dominating the opposing side - then Veron can hit all those fancy passes......

Otherwise he's useless... Moratti needs to do whatever he can to get De Rossi from Roma.... or Ballack ....and stick a creative forward up front.

Seriously Veron is just a very weak link in that midfield... and Serie A sides are winning games in midfield these days ... Juve and Milan just have outrageous, consistent, strong, ball-winning midfields .... so do Roma....

Inter have that those types of players in Stankovic and Cambiasso - but Veron and Figo? Forget about it. Figo's a luxury probably worth having for his crossing ability, but Veron's just one show-boater too many.

Let's hope he finally goes back home this summer....

·
Banned
9,221 Posts
Veron has deffinetly sucked for quite a few games now, it he keeps this up he can he can jump on the next tobacco boat back to argentina for sure.

I would prefer him being replaced no matter what he does though, but he is another former lazio player, so aslong as mancini is the coach veron will start ahead of everyone, kampard? gerrard? dinho? viera? anyone? no veron would start ahead of them.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yesterday Veron played his worst match for Inter. He was looking so off-focused. Is he thinking about his family - "Should I go or should I stay". But it wa´nt only him that underperformed. The thing is, when Veron is shit, the whole team gets shit. He´s the player almost every ball should go throgh. Even more when Figo is´nt playing.

Anyway this season he´s been one of our best players.

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Andy Christ said:
Wasn't he the best midfielder in Serie A last season according to Inter fans?

Damn fickle you lot are.
The only sensible post in this whole thread. Oh and its not Inter fans only. It came from the most reliable source: Gazzetta.

·
Registered
8,899 Posts
Robaldo_76 said:
Yesterday Veron played his worst match for Inter. He was looking so off-focused. Is he thinking about his family - "Should I go or should I stay". But it wa´nt only him that underperformed. The thing is, when Veron is shit, the whole team gets shit. He´s the player almost every ball should go throgh. Even more when Figo is´nt playing.

Anyway this season he´s been one of our best players.
100% agree....these people in this forum have some mood swings man...

·
Registered
43,657 Posts
Veron has been one of our best players. How many of us were commending the Veron-Cambiasso partnership a while back? I did. So he had an off-game. Whatever it is, the guy is our attacking engine at the moment. At the moment, the team needs a player who can hold on to the ball and dictate the pace of the match.

We've all seen how the team performed without him this season as well. Give him a break at least. What SHOULD be happening though is getting a player (one of our own or a new one) to fill the role of being our attacking engine. By that, I don't necessarily mean a player with an extraordinary amount of flair.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
A few days back the Cambiasso-Veron duo was one of the best in the whole world.
Some of the inter fans were shocked that Veron was not called up for the national team, and now, he is a useless piece of garbage.

Of course, im just refering to a few inter fans here in XT. Regretably, we can see that kind of impatient and clueless fans in every club of the world. No exception. And this lack of patience from the fans, give the coachs and players very little time to work together and make a team, and that harms football.
Btw, players a human beings, they can have bad days.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Listen to Firdaus, I would say. But then again I am Pulsar's rival for the title of Veron's number one fan so I am hardly unbiased.
In general I am really annoyed by fans who first claim "X is a genius. He rulez!", then a few bad games later "He should be sold ASAP, never wear our shirt or just kill himself". Yes, yes, I guess most of you would claim they never liked Veron to begin with. :) Playmakers usually are less consistent than other players, plus their bad performance result in a bad team performance, making their bad games even more obvious. Why not post a thread "The unnecessary Adriano, too"? He has had a lot more bad games then Veron for sure. ;)

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
batigold said:
A few days back the Cambiasso-Veron duo was one of the best in the whole world.
Some of the inter fans were shocked that Veron was not called up for the national team, and now, he is a useless piece of garbage.
I personally never liked him and always thought little of him in terms of what he adds to our game. I think it is just that he never plays for Argentina again, considering his attitude on the pitch in 2002

Anomander Rake said:
Why not post a thread "The unnecessary Adriano, too"? He has had a lot more bad games then Veron for sure.
Adriano is terribly useless. Psychology, he is one of the weakest players I have ever seen in my life. Like I said, I would have sold him in the summer and buy Gilardino and Cassano. But whatever, tha's me :)

·
fawkin legend
4,943 Posts
Andy Christ said:
Wasn't he the best midfielder in Serie A last season according to Inter fans?

Damn fickle you lot are.
Inter fans change opinions like their management players.

Best example: Adriano, a saviour one year ago, a scapegoat nowadays.

·
Registered
43,657 Posts
Macumba said:

There's a difference. For starters, Veron had ONE bad game in a while. Adriano, nowadays, has one GOOD game every now and then.

He needs to recover his form.His slump has gone on for too long.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
I agree with Firdaus, he is good enough at this form. One bad game and everyone is jumping over him, he's one of our best midfielders. That said, he comes with the good and the bad, and more bad than most players, but I can't live without the good so I'll take the package

·
Banned
9,221 Posts
veron hasnt only had one bad game, all his performances since the ajax game at home has been very poor from verons side.

·
Registered
15,534 Posts
Macumba said:

I think, after almost an entire season of dreadful performances, it's fair to criticize Adriano.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
It's the truth. Inter fans and patience should not be mentioned in the same sentence. I'm watching it million times. I saw guys saying that we should sign a new contract with Pierre Wome after three games, before and after those games, he became a villain once again. And maybe we should stop asking Adriano million goals every game? Inter fans are pressuading him to score goal every match! It does not make it easier. He always tends to make a come-back after criticism. And once again, Brazil doesen't want him to score million goals since there are lots of other players who could score a hattrick, but he just happens to find the way between the post and goalkeeper there. Doesen't he? Inter fans are putting him and every other player under big pressure. Player is world's best when he makes 3-4 great performances, but then after slump "why didn't we sell him" or "why did we buy him anyway. I told you guys we shouldn't buy him!" I barely see fans from other teams to talk like that and their teams win big titles. There is no single first choice midfielder I'd choose out to be the best or worse midfielder here. But the fact when Veron is on run Inter is unstoppable is not much to notice? Isn't it? And in the end 3/4 of his performances have been like that. And didn't Mancini said he is tired like a week ago or so? And before some matches, Inter fans are saying that this will be a very hard match, but after they loss their emotions are like: "How did we lose to them. They're such a shitty team compared to us and so on?" Not to talk about the thinking that we are the best team in the world some people have.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts