Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking back I am just wondering at how we could have at least qualified for 2 Major tournaments during this period if there was no boycott, guys like Papac and Salihamidzic were available, Bajramovic's career was not cut by injuries and we had a decent manager (Perhaps Ciro from 2006 onwards) instead of guys like Sliskovic and Susic..

2008 team:

2010 team:

2012 team:

Just look at that. Tipicna Bosanska sreca :D

Reactions: guest42935

·
Registered
9,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm more concerned about qualifying for Russia mate.
I don't think we will simply because our manager(s) has a backward Yugoslav mindset

Also we don't have a half-decent right back and Samir Memisevic lost his starting place at Gronigen. Basically we are doomed.

·
Registered
36,179 Posts
Nothing special here, in results, individuals or achievements. Not minnows like Serbia, but no generation there to shake anything up or write home about.

·
Registered
7,509 Posts
Nothing special here, in results, individuals or achievements. Not minnows like Serbia, but no generation there to shake anything up or write home about.
You are probably right. But wouldn't you consider them somewhat of an entertaining team to watch? As far as offensive is concerned perhaps...(back then). Of course that's the problem, most of the action was during qualifiers, not post qualifiers (since they couldn't qualify to nearly all the tournaments), but I still think they're entertaining unlike many of the other teams nowadays.

·
Registered
9,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You have no clue what this thread is about.

It's a "what if" based on players coming back due to boycott not happening and Bajramovic's career not getting cut short due to injuries.

Team could have easily made 2 major tournaments which would have been a good enough achievement on it's own.

·
Registered
36,179 Posts
I gotta admit, I thought this thread was in the WWE forum :wallbang:

My apologies, I agree with both of you, international football is a cruel mistress indeed. :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts