Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
unexpected... at least from me. ;)

Some guys from 1FCNUK, the first fanclub of my beloved FCN, are Vale fans, too. I think I will follow them a bit and watch out for their results.

How are your views about Port Vale? I know that Stoke City is not a team that has much admireres here. ;) But what about Vale, they´re also a team from the Midlands. Are there rivalries with Derby, Nottingham?

Port Vale had two draws recently, before a 3-2 win against Swansea. But anyway, they will finish in mid table.

By the way, the landscape in that area, more precisely around Macclesfield, from where the fanclub is, is so beautiful. Those lovely canals.. that´s definitely a place I want to visit at some time.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
wouldnt be the same without this (R.I.P England Asian)

05/06 Third Strip

05/06 Goalkeeper

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DavidSilk24 said:
wouldnt be the same without this (R.I.P England Asian)

05/06 Third Strip

05/06 Goalkeeper

:howler: :howler: :howler: Where has he gone?

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
No rivalry with Derby, though there's not much rivalry between us and Stoke anymore, except in places like Uttoxeter, which is somewhere between the 2 cities, and where a lot of my family come from, that's why I hate Stoke :D

I used too quite like Vale when I was younger (I liked a lot of teams when I was younger :D ) It's a bit of a shame there so shyte nowadays, they used to be a decent team, at least Championship standard, but they've gone crap much like Notts County.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Two years ago they nearly got into the play offs but failed at the end. The Vale fans from the FCN fanclub expect nothing more than mid table for next season, too. Perhaps Robbie Williams´ money helps them to improve in the next years.

RedandBlack said:
Chris Birchall :)
Yeah, I read an article about him in a German magazine 2-3 months ago. He will be the first Vale player to play in our Max-Morlock-Stadion here in Nürnberg when he play with Trinidad & Tobago at the World Cup.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Just been looking at Vale Park on a website, holds 23,000, record attendance 49,768

Last season averaged 4,973

Yep, just like Notts County, over shadowed by the scum of there city :D ;)

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, the attendances aren´t that good. I watched a few highlightes (thanks World TV :D) and there are always lots of emptey seats.

I´ve just read that they are in talks about re-naming the ground and they will ask for up to £3m over 10 years. And apart from that they will have a new sponsor on the shirts.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Lost 1-0 too Bradford, QPR lost of course, what about Nurnberg, or any of your other teams, is there anyone cheering you up on a saturday :D

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nürnberg lost, too. 1-2 in Dortmund. One home win on next weeks Tuesday and we´re safe from relegation. But it´s nearly sure that our coach Meyer is going to sign a 3-year contract soon. That was the reason to party on Saturday, which gave me an amazing hangover yesterday. :D

ah.. my other team, RCD Mallorca lost, too.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good win for Vale against Chesterfield at home. 3-1, two goals by Pilkington and one of Cummins. :thumbsup:

The last game is at Hartlepool. Rank 11 is possible.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Like I said in the Forest thread, as usual Chesterfield start of the season so well, and then go crap after xmas, the Charlton of League 1.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Today QPR plays at Vale Park in the League Cup, so I think I should break out that thread here.

After two defeats in the league Vale seems to go through a bit of a low at the moment. Maybe that's QPRs chance to sneak a win and get themselves into a better future for the next weeks.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Or heap the Pressure on Waddock, hope Vale can return to form, would love a trip their next season in the league (which doesn't mean us getting relegated ;) )

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
at home this weekend, against bristol city. big match.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Yeah big match, fancy City too hold you too a draw, 1-1.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Away at Northampton, a win needed for Vale, they've dropped down to 10th :eek:

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Vale have dropped off the pace a bit now, which is a shame, Tranmere tomoorow tough game, which I can't seethem winning.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
i am hoping for draw. certainly i regard tranmere as a bigger threat than Port Vale.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1-2 for Vale. A bit surprising after their recent form..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts