Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 484 Posts

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
......HRVATSKA!!!! :musik::musik::musik:
No apologies necessary. :thumbsup: :)

And on that note, we cue the music. Ladies and gentleman, Gospodin Krist Novoselić and his band!!

aWmkuH1k7uA

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pivo :thumbsup:, this is my kind of mjuza, thank you very much! :musik:
You're welcome! :musik:

Although I like the noisy Nirvana more than the unplugged sessions! :howler:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QECJ9pCyhns
Awesome song and agreed!!

However, I do prefer the unplugged version of All Apologies to their studio version. For me the texture of the unplugged version captures the true essence and nature of the song in a much more profound manner. There is much more sincerity in the delivery and execution. It’s just chilling and ominous!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
You're welcome! :musik:
Awesome song and agreed!!

However, I do prefer the unplugged version of All Apologies to their studio version. For me the texture of the unplugged version captures the true essence and nature of the song in a much more profound manner. There is much more sincerity in the delivery and execution. It’s just chilling and ominous!! :thumbsup:
Nirvana were a brilliant shooting star. Cobain was the prototypical tortured genius. I don't know if any guitar band will ever again capture the madness and hysteria that came with those few years Nirvana spent in the spotlight. Music is so fractured now and popular music is such garbage I can't even listen to it.

I agree with you Pivo the unplugged version of All Apologies is superior. I will show my age a bit here but I saw Nirvana play when they came to Toronto in December of 1993, less than 4 months before Courtney took out Kurdt. ;)

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nirvana were a brilliant shooting star. Cobain was the prototypical tortured genius. I don't know if any guitar band will ever again capture the madness and hysteria that came with those few years Nirvana spent in the spotlight.
Very nicely done baraba!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Was really young when I first heard Smells Like Teen Spirit and could not stop listening to it shortly thereafter. Nevermind is a ride that strings beautiful well woven harmonies and melodies with such flow and texture in such a visceral manifestation. I could go on but for me it is pure bliss! :heart:

Music is so fractured now and popular music is such garbage I can't even listen to it.
You're far too kind. :thmbdown::thmbdown:

I agree with you Pivo the unplugged version of All Apologies is superior.
It just resonates and hits home on so many levels compared to the studio version.

I will show my age a bit here but I saw Nirvana play when they came to Toronto in December of 1993,
Don't have the words to truly express how amazing that is to me. :musik:

less than 4 months before Courtney took out Kurdt. ;)
Women. You can't live with them, pass the beer. :smileani:

If you ever want to shoot the breeze about "quality" music on here I am always available. I don't listen to any of the new stuff as it is pure rubbish, just to give you a head's up.

P.S. What is a better record, (tough question alert dashed with a tad of unfairness), Who's Next or Quadrophenia?

·
Registered
7,948 Posts
Those were the days, late 80's early ninetees that captured a new rebellious alternative rock interpretation, I suppose everyone had enough of Whitesnake and Poison! The thing is there were so many great and distinctive bands during that period, it really makes you nostalgic (or maybe I'm getting old?). On the top of my head there were English bands like Stone Roses,New Order, Depeche Mode, My Bloody Valentine, Smiths, The LA's, and then the US bands like Nirvana, Faith No More, Jane's Addiction, NIN, Soundgarden, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Pavement, Dinosaur Jr.,Rage Against The Machine ...... to name a few .I miss the variation of those type of bands, rubbish time for music now.

Maybe we should start a music thread??

·
Registered
7,948 Posts
Very nicely done baraba!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Was really young when I first heard Smells Like Teen Spirit and could not stop listening to it shortly thereafter. Nevermind is a ride that strings beautiful well woven harmonies and melodies with such flow and texture in such a visceral manifestation. I could go on but for me it is pure bliss! :heart:
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
I know we had a music thread before but I thought we'd start a new one to discuss music that we like and maybe make some recommendations for others.

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
P.S. What is a better record, (tough question alert dashed with a tad of unfairness), Who's Next or Quadrophenia?
I would probably go for Who's Next but "Love, Reign o'er Me" is right after "My Generation" as favourite Who song. My Generation sounds like a precursor to punk and those few years of real 70s punk is one of my favourite periods of music.

I'm also a huge Smiths/Morrissey fan. B.C. (before children) when I had time, I was a total music obsessive. I still have over 500 records/tapes/CDs in the house. I don't have the heart to get rid of them even though everything of note has been transferred to .mp3.
Anyone still play records on a turntable? There is something magical about it. Even my kids love to watch the record spin (right round, baby, right round, of course).

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Those were the days, late 80's early ninetees that captured a new rebellious alternative rock interpretation, I suppose everyone had enough of Whitesnake and Poison! The thing is there were so many great and distinctive bands during that period, it really makes you nostalgic (or maybe I'm getting old?). On the top of my head there were English bands like Stone Roses,New Order, Depeche Mode, My Bloody Valentine, Smiths, The LA's, and then the US bands like Nirvana, Faith No More, Jane's Addiction, NIN, Soundgarden, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Pavement, Dinosaur Jr.,Rage Against The Machine ...... to name a few .I miss the variation of those type of bands, rubbish time for music now.

Maybe we should start a music thread??
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know we had a music thread before but I thought we'd start a new one to discuss music that we like and maybe make some recommendations for others.
Let's give it a whirl. :thumbsup:

For anyone that has not seen this, it is awesome!

2lu48P8dZTk

The remaining 4 parts are listed on the page.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would probably go for Who's Next but "Love, Reign o'er Me" is right after "My Generation" as favourite Who song. My Generation sounds like a precursor to punk and those few years of real 70s punk is one of my favourite periods of music.
It is an unfair question really and a very tough call for me personally as I love them both. My Generation is a classic anthem and the precursor angle is a must agree from me.

Every time someone mentions the "70's" punk movement, the first image that is etched in my brain is the "I Hate Pink Floyd" T Shirt that Johnny Rotten used to wear. :howler: Simply great stuff! EMI!!!!! :thumbsup:

I'm also a huge Smiths/Morrissey fan. B.C. (before children) when I had time,
FgxEJOi6GtA

I was a total music obsessive. I still have over 500 records/tapes/CDs in the house. I don't have the heart to get rid of them even though everything of note has been transferred to .mp3.
That is exactly like my brother! I used to be pretty obsessed with music as well but my brother still has all his vinyl and will absolutely not get rid of them in the same way you will not.

Anyone still play records on a turntable? There is something magical about it. Even my kids love to watch the record spin (right round, baby, right round, of course).
O8v09-wlFiM

And I must concur! :thumbsup:

When people used to ask me what type of music I like/listen to, what genre etc… My response was and still is “If it is good I will listen to it.”

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
That was a great concert. The documentary 1991: The Year Punk Broke is a great look at those early days of the 90s music revolution. Sonic Youth, Nirvana, Dinosaur Jr. touring and doing the festivals. It was shot before Nirvana became huge.
[tub]1RgpvSZVcBw[/tub]

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That was a great concert. The documentary 1991: The Year Punk Broke is a great look at those early days of the 90s music revolution. Sonic Youth, Nirvana, Dinosaur Jr. touring and doing the festivals. It was shot before Nirvana became huge.
[tub]1RgpvSZVcBw[/tub]
:musik: :thumbsup:

Saw this before, but cannot wait to watch it again. Hvala! :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 484 Posts