Xtratime Community banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
46,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Donnarumma hardly had to save - Florenzi 6 (Di Lorenzo 6), Acerbi 6.5, Bastoni 7, Emerson 6 - Barella 6.5, Jorginho 6.5, Locatelli 7.5 - Berardi 7, Belotti 6.5, Insigne 7

all the other ones nv

·
Registered
17,238 Posts
I love that Locatelli is developing well.

What do you think Toni about the future of the central defense? I'm tired of seeing that idiotic bully Bonucci kicking around and hope that Italy can transition. There are a few names of course:

Romagnoli
Mancini
Bastoni
Gabbia (was good early in the season but last game I watched, good think Kjaer was there)
Anyone else I am missing? Maybe Cecchirini and other players from the newly promoted teams that seem to hold up the fort when VAR is used appropriately.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Hi all

I hope everyone is dealing with the pandemic as best they can. Been a tough year for everyone.

Enjoyed these two Italy performances. We will surely play against better in the future but the midfield was awesome. Not sure Verratti gets back in. Only 1 of he or Jorginho should start. FBs played well which is a plus. Just lack a more crucial number 9. Bastoni is a star.

·
Registered
46,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I love that Locatelli is developing well.

What do you think Toni about the future of the central defense? I'm tired of seeing that idiotic bully Bonucci kicking around and hope that Italy can transition. There are a few names of course:

Romagnoli
Mancini
Bastoni
Gabbia (was good early in the season but last game I watched, good think Kjaer was there)
Anyone else I am missing? Maybe Cecchirini and other players from the newly promoted teams that seem to hold up the fort when VAR is used appropriately.
I'm not a fan of Bonucci either, but maybe the pair Bonucci-Bastoni can work in spite of Bonucci, the way the BBC worked in spite of him. Actually I'm quite impressed by the duo Acerbi-Bastoni. I understand that Poland and Bosnia weren't top opponents but their performances in the last two games were faultless.

·
Registered
17,238 Posts
Hi all

I hope everyone is dealing with the pandemic as best they can. Been a tough year for everyone.

Enjoyed these two Italy performances. We will surely play against better in the future but the midfield was awesome. Not sure Verratti gets back in. Only 1 of he or Jorginho should start. FBs played well which is a plus. Just lack a more crucial number 9. Bastoni is a star.
Nice to see you back Deano. Looking forward to your regular contributions during the Euro :p

41 - 46 of 46 Posts