Xtratime Community banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
46,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
We are 1-0 up thanks to Krychowiak making a dumb foul on Belotti for a penalty, perfectly taken by Jorginho.

·
Registered
46,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
1-0 at halftime

We are very aggressive at midfield and almost always gain back the ball control when we lose it but in attack we waste too much. Luckily Poland are a pretty poor team, but we should really have scored at least another. Actually I'm not even sure we would have scored one without the crucial help of Krychowiak.

·
Registered
14,671 Posts
well we did win a World Cup with Luca Toni, so he wasn't entirely wasted ;) I don't like the strategy of throwing together three 5'9'' (or less) strikers and hoping one of them creates a magic moment. I don't care for the 4-3-3, miss Zaniolo
This post made me laugh.....because of Chicharito :D. Dima used to call him the 5 foot 9 :D

·
Registered
46,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Two new players at midfield for Poland who surely needed a change. Zielinsky and Grosicki.

·
Registered
46,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thank God, Bernardeschi out. Let's see whether Berardi has increased his feeling with the Azzurri.

·
Registered
46,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Milik comes in now. I have no idea of the reason why Brz... has kept him on the bench for 70 minutes!

·
Registered
46,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Second yellow for Goralski, probably the worst player on the pitch. Two cards in 30 minutes for him as he had also come in at the beginning of the second half.

·
Registered
46,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Belotti replaced by Okaka. Belotti gained the penalty but also confirmed the inability to score goals to half decent national teams.

·
Registered
46,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
Donnarumma nv - Florenzi 6.5, Acerbi 6.5, Bastoni 6.5, Emerson 6.5 - Barella 7.5, Jorginho 7, Locatelli 7 - Bernardeschi 6, Belotti 6, Insigne 6.5

It is hard to rate Berardi. He scored but exploited the fact that Poland had just 10 players on the pitch and he had done less than Bernardeschi on the pitch in spite of being fresh.
Bernardeschi was as usual a player who doesn't have an impact on the games and wastes a lot. The way Insigne wasted a lot until we were 11v10. We really would need forwards who SCORE because there will be games in which we have very few chances to score, not the dozillion chances we had today.

Poland wasn't really an opponent who could give us troubles tbh. They have a huge problem of quality, mostly at midfield and on the flanks, in my opinion. I remember Lewandowsky and Milik used to play together in the past. Putting Lewandowsky alone in attack in the condition to receive no ball and forcing him to move back to midfield to look for a ball doesn't make sense anyway.

·
Registered
46,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
The starting lineup for Bosnia tonight should be the same, but Berardi for Bernardeschi. A win and we qualify to the Final Four. Not just that, we also host them in one year (october).

·
Registered
46,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
0-1 HT

Belotti, Bosnia brings him luck. He had not scored for a year and one year ago he had scored one to Bosnia.

We are in control, but the opponent isn't irresistible indeed. Half the Bosnian team is ruled out by COVID.

·
Registered
46,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Bernardeschi hits the crossbar

Lasagna and him had replaced Belotti and Berardi few minutes before

·
Registered
17,238 Posts
I don't have access to the NT games but glad they won again. I'm slightly worried about the midfield and wing-forwards being a little soft though.

·
Registered
46,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
The midfield is excellent. I mean the three who played the last two games (Barella-Jorginho-Locatelli). It's a good mix of quality and athleticism. They cover very well too. The wing forwards (Berardi/Bernardeschi and Insigne) instead are surely good enough for defeating Bosnia and Poland but I fear better opponents could be too much for them. The same for Belotti who has scored, again to Bosnia, after one year without goals.

·
Registered
45,679 Posts
Ratings, @ToniSamp ?

Btw, just to inform/remind everyone, Mr Alberigo Evani happened to be my LM in the Serie A All-Time Draft.

You know, the one where people saw my backline of Samuel-Baresi-Bergomi, my attack with Recoba (Treq.) and Eto'o-Milito and were like

Reactions: TTM and ToniSamp
21 - 40 of 46 Posts