Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
46,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a disappointing draw with Bosnia, a very good performance and a win in the Netherlands. Too bad that the young Zaniolo got a knee injury again, another ACL lesion, the the left knee this time, another 6 months at least out.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Yes, a significant improvement on the performance against Bosnia and against a better team too. I remember thinking at the starty of the game that the line up against Bosnia looked stronger on paper, but obviously that is not what transpired.

Italy is now highly likely to be in pot one for the WCQ draw on 29 November.

Such a pity for Zaniolo. A particularly hard blow for Roma more so than the NT.

·
Registered
32,973 Posts
Yikes, two ACL lesions within 9 months for a barely 21-year-old.

·
Registered
46,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He benefits of a credit he earned with the performances in Nicolato's under 19 NT. It is not going to last forever.

·
Registered
13,123 Posts
SMELLY scoreless draw with Poland, Mancini should know better than to play Pellegrini as a winger and Jorginho in the middle for the whole match with Barella and Veratti, the squad needs a Gattuso, a wrecker. Belotti also should have been subbed early in second half. The team looks a little weak, also need a target player in attack. More variety, more direct, more anger, more energy

·
Registered
71 Posts
Playing players out of position, or use them in roles that they are not able to perform, seems to be quite popular these days.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
We dont have good striker at all unless Belotti steps up his game or introduce Cutrone. Jorginho is good at back passes.

·
Professional Pirate
7,107 Posts
Pellegrini, in my first year of fm20 cause the pandemic makes you sit at home and do nothing, is a phenom and already has high stats. Shoots up in price and I’m getting constant bids for him. Had to make him captain and a new contract to calm him down.

Aside from that useless info; good goal from Lorenzo. Giving me prime aquilani vibes before we sold him to Liverpool.

Hopefully he stays longer :)

·
Registered
46,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, the main problem is that we miss a striker. It has been like that for a while. The likes of Immobile and Belotti are just not good enough for international football and there are no alternatives.

·
Registered
45,492 Posts
Yup, you need a big target man. I think Immobile is fine for international but he needs a buddy for sure.

Luca Toni was born too early.

·
Registered
13,123 Posts
well we did win a World Cup with Luca Toni, so he wasn't entirely wasted ;) I don't like the strategy of throwing together three 5'9'' (or less) strikers and hoping one of them creates a magic moment. I don't care for the 4-3-3, miss Zaniolo

·
Registered
71 Posts
Pellegrini, in my first year of fm20 cause the pandemic makes you sit at home and do nothing, is a phenom and already has high stats. Shoots up in price and I’m getting constant bids for him. Had to make him captain and a new contract to calm him down.
Speaking of FM, Football Manager forum has become premium, I think you have to pay to post there.

·
Registered
46,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think we dumped Pellé too soon and without a real reason. He took THAT penalty in a shameful way but other than that he was a good Luca Toni 2.0
Now he is pretty old but he could have been useful when Ventura was around.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I was going to mention Pelle, but figured he'd be too old now. But then again Caputo is 33, and mostly spent his career in Serie B.

Ultimately we can all wish that Balotelli had not been such an eff up.
Hows Pellegri coming along at Monaco? He doesn't seem to play much.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts