Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 363 Posts

·
General Iordanescu
29,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We will play in Hungary, against Germany, Hungary and the Netherlands.

Dates: March 24th to March 31st for the group stage.

Mutu's preliminary 'stranieri' list:

Lista convocărilor preliminare:

Vlad Dragomir (Virtus Entella/Italia)
Radu Drăgușin (Juventus/Italia)
Denis Drăguș (Crotone/Italia)
Marius Marin (Pisa/Italia)
Louis Munteanu (Fiorentina/Italia)
Andrei Rațiu (Villarreal/Spania)
Alexandru Pașcanu (Ponferradina/Spania)

Of course this is interesting and tells us Mihaila and Man will probably go to the main NT.

·
Registered
17,362 Posts
The only clear thing is that Dobre won't be called. It's a pity, a player that has minutes in Ligue I should be considered against some that doesn't stand out in Liga I and will probably get a call.

Hagi, Mihaila and Man seem to be closer to the seniors, but I don't think that's defined. Players have dropped to the U21 before

·
General Iordanescu
29,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only clear thing is that Dobre won't be called. It's a pity, a player that has minutes in Ligue I should be considered against some that doesn't stand out in Liga I and will probably get a call.

Hagi, Mihaila and Man seem to be closer to the seniors, but I don't think that's defined. Players have dropped to the U21 before
Yes, Dobre is out, you're right. And that's potentially our weakest position. I wouldn't be surprised to see Morutan there. Or Ratiu (he's a RWB more than anything, but pretty decent going forward).

Of course, nothing's set in stone, hence the probably. But no Mitrita seems to strongly indicate that.

·
Registered
17,362 Posts
Damn, I didn't realize Mitrita was missing. Probably he won't recover in time. Why does this always happen??

Dica mostly confirmed Man and Mihaila will play for the seniors

So, The U21 will be weaker than in the qualifiers. We'll see about Coman, and hopefully Octavian Popescu gets a call

Ciobanu and Olaru could play in midfield and Morutan on the LW. Matan would start on LW if Coman isn't called. The team won't have much firepower, more so without Florinel

·
Registered
70,341 Posts
I like Cordea, from Clinceni. He's quite technical, quick and works well for the team (otherwise he wouldn't play in a team like Clinceni). I don't think Mutu has an eye on him, but he can turn into a good player in a short term. Probably Mutu will insist with Campanu.

·
Registered
17,362 Posts
Yeah, I noticed Cordea. Cimpanu has been doing well tough. I've noticed than aside of being technical he has great passing skills

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
11,730 Posts
I thought Costache just caught COVID, wtf?? How can he respect the isolation rules like this

Damn it. Unless the list isn’t updated? But it was just released..

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
11,730 Posts
No Dobre Munteanu Petrila Dumitru Rusu Petre Sut Dragomir Baiaram.. not to mention Coman is with seniors now?? And Ianis Mihaila Man

At least Matan is there, but many absences in the attack and our strikers are Costache and Ganea.. I hope Costache is being removed ?

·
Registered
17,362 Posts
So it seems Coman will be with the seniors. Radoi wants to rebuild the 2019 team

Very happy about Octavian Popescu being called. Also that Matan isn't missing even when he hasn't played for a while. Sadly Ghita misses the tournament because of an injury

Mutu chooses to reinforce the midfield, calling Oaida and Itu. Probably thinking on using Morutan on attack. Also chose Dulca before Sut. Dulca deserved it.
Glad to see Cimpanu. It would be very bad if Costache is also missing. Ganea on a better form lately. I would have liked to see Munteanu called.

If Costache is missing, Petre or Munteanu can still be called, there's a reserve list

·
Registered
17,362 Posts
Lista adițională: Mihai Popa (Astra Giurgiu), Mihai Velisar (Gaz Metan Mediaș), Ricardo Grigore (Dinamo), Andrei Rațiu (Villarreal/Spania), Adrian Șut (FCSB), Gabriel Simion (FCSB), Vlad Dragomir (Virtus Entella/Italia), Denis Drăguș (Crotone/Italia), Claudiu Petrila (Sepsi OSK), Adrian Petre (UTA Arad), Nicolae Carnat (CFR Cluj), Louis Munteanu (Fiorentina/Italia).

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
11,730 Posts
Munteanu and Petrila really should be there. I’d have even considered Baiaram in this situation plus his form, also Dumitru and maybe Rusu. Sut over Oaida, maybe even Velisar over Oprut

All in all still a good team but hurts to lose some of the players , though seniors is more important

One last thing that salvage something would be to have Munteanu take Costache’s spot, let’s hope it happens..

·
Registered
17,362 Posts
Munteanu and Petrila really should be there. I’d have even considered Baiaram in this situation plus his form, also Dumitru and maybe Rusu. Sut over Oaida, maybe even Velisar over Oprut

All in all still a good team but hurts to lose some of the players , though seniors is more important

One last thing that salvage something would be to have Munteanu take Costache’s spot, let’s hope it happens..

Rusu from UTA? Why? Dumitru is very Raw IMO.

Petrila's form has not been very good this year. I think Cimpanu has been better

Munteanu fights for a spot with Costache and Ganea. Both have more experience on the qualies and overall. Altough I would have liked to see Munteanu instead of Ganea. Costache has started and done quite well for CFR lately.

The team is a shadow of what it could be. We'll certainly regret is if we don't get past the group. But we also rely on this generation to get us back to a WC and we need the best we have for that. Coman was the only doubt at this point, but it seems Radoi will still trust him for the seniors

·
Registered
17,362 Posts
Baiaram did deserve consideration, maybe over Itu. But I think Mutu will use Morutan on the RW and therefore prefers a sub for Olaru/Ciobanu. He'd only have Oaida in that case

·
Registered
70,341 Posts
Yeah, with this list, Morutan will be used as RW almost for sure. It's clear we'll play 4-3-3, with so many midfielders called.

We can be pretty solid, but I don't know who will score the goals in this team.

·
Registered
70,341 Posts
Netherlands squad. The names of Brobbey and Kluivert, the most known.

Germany squad. The press is quite excited with Moukoko, he's only 16.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
11,730 Posts
I think the Dutch will top this group, honestly

Both of those teams are good of course, Moukoko is insane for his age (I’ll be honest I’ve doubted if it’s true but who am I to say), but Netherlands are just stacked

All teams in our group have most of their best U23 players in the seniors, but it seems the Dutch still manage a very good group here all around, many in good form too

The giant Brobbey who just signed with Leipzig, Boadu, Kluivert, Lang, Koopmeiners, Gakpo, Kadioglu, Bakker, Zeefuik, and Lille’s Sven Botman who is one of the most wanted young defenders in Europe right now

It’s going to be very difficult, especially with our striker problems (I really hope Costache is going to be out for these games and Munteanu to replace him), but if we play our best and have a bit of luck, just maybe we have a shot at second place

I‘m kind of hoping Mutu might try a 3 at the back approach similar to vs Denmark, given our problems at LB, at least vs Germany and Netherlands

Boboc or even Harut as LWB? And Vladoiu as the RWB? Then we could start Dragusin Pascanu Chindris together

·
Registered
17,362 Posts
We played with 4 defenders against Denmark (Boboc-Pascanu-Ciobotariu-Harut). I don't see Mutu changing it. The team is adjusted to the 4-3-3

Netherlands does look scary. Hard to think we can beat them. Maybe not loosing and hope to beat Germany and Hungary. Our team has good experience for this level, maybe that can count in such games. It would be great to qualify cause for the final stages we'd be incredibly strong

BTW Germany might have Moukoko, but they don't have Tavi Popescu 😝

·
Registered
70,341 Posts
Our tries of playing with 3 CBs (5 defenders) are generally a disaster. We don't defend properly and we don't attack. Our NTs don't adjust well to radical scheme changes.

If you wanna be more defensive against some teams, just do a more defensive midfield. In this U21 team we have solid midfielders.
Costache was in good form (in really good form) and for some reason or others he's important for Mutu. What I don't get is why he didn't call Petre. He's the best option as pure striker.

1 - 20 of 363 Posts