1. the european country with the best record is united kingdom, so what? who did they fought exactly?Bastin said:This article is ridiculous.
1. The European country with the best military record is, without doubt, the United Kingdom.
2. Chamberlain didn't give the Nazis half of Central Europe. He gave them the Sudetenland: a tiny area of Bohemia. It bought the UK vital time in the fight against Nazism.
3. The Hundred Years' War was a great victory for the English, despite the French taking the crown of France from its true owner. Before the Hundred Years' War, England was a minor European military power, and France one of the most powerful (although it never flexed its muscles). France had twice the population of England. England also fought in Scotland, Wales, and Ireland at the same time. Yet, not a single battle of the war was fought on English land. Ever wondered why?
4. The French lost the Seven Years' War (which was actually the first world war), despite their pitifully small victory at the Battle of Monongahela. They also had the considerable advantage of being allied with Spain, Russia, Austria, Sweden, the Saxon states, and the Native American tribes (against the UK, Prussia, and Hannover). They lost almost their entire empire: Québec, their American possessions, much of Guyana, and their land in India.
5. The Napoleonic Wars were a catastrophic defeat for France. Despite their ability to beat the Prussians, they didn't lay a finger on the British. Not once did the French defeat the United Kingdom at sea, and the United Kingdom won the only sustained land campaign that it waged (the Peninsula War).
6. Napoleon may well have been the only European general to capture Moscow, but he was also the only European general to retreat from Moscow. Worth considering.
Now there's a creative interpretation of one of the worst blunders in modern political times. Most other credible opinions seem to suggest that the chief effect of ceding the Sudetenland was to whet Nazi appetite and embolden their hunger for territory.It bought the UK vital time in the fight against Nazism.
and you can't imagine how proud i am of themFlo said:Folks, meet France.
A team led by an Algerian muslim flanked by several West African's and two half Pork Chops. Sprinkle a little Petit & Lizarazu to make it French and voila, you have a national team.
1. Sudetenland contained the important car-factories (which Hitler converted to tanks) and all the important defence lines that lay between Germany and Tsjechoslovakia. (So that way also the doorstep to conquer the rest of Tsjechoslavakia, without wasting a bullet.)Bastin said:2. Chamberlain didn't give the Nazis half of Central Europe. He gave them the Sudetenland: a tiny area of Bohemia. It bought the UK vital time in the fight against Nazism.