Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many people have finally accepted that those 3 goals in euro04 does not mean Rooney is anything special?

I've watched every single game in EPL and Rooney isn't better than other youngsters.

He is certainly the most overrated player in the history of the game.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Yup, he's rubbish.

Voted player of the month in November, highest assists for us in December.

We should sell him now while we can still get a few million back for him. :(

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
I personally prefer Boijnov over Rooney, mainly due to the fact Boijnov has succeeded at a smaller club. Everton became a worse club because of Rooney as the team had to fit Rooney, which it couldnt do plus its not like Rooney real inspired at goodison infact he picked up more bookings than he did goals which aint a good thing. I find that Rooney needs big name players for him to function, unlike Boijnov who is playing amazing with lesser players and a less player almost like Baggio did in his later years.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
he scored 4 at euro 2004 and does some fantastic work both on and off the ball

just another english bashing thread what a surprise

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
So Mr burns, how many other kids his age scored in the euros especially with the time he had (remember he was always subbed before getting a hattrick by that prat Sven). Or for that matter world-class seasoned strikers. It was four goals btw, so great investigation of the boy there. Three goals was the hattrick he scored in his champions league/Machester debut.

Interista said:
I personally prefer Boijnov over Rooney, mainly due to the fact Boijnov has succeeded at a smaller club. Everton became a worse club because of Rooney as the team had to fit Rooney, which it couldnt do plus its not like Rooney real inspired at goodison infact he picked up more bookings than he did goals which aint a good thing. I find that Rooney needs big name players for him to function, unlike Boijnov who is playing amazing with lesser players and a less player almost like Baggio did in his later years.
Rooney was a sub for the most part, and any team that cannot incorperate Rooney is a poor one in anycase. Yeah because a 16 year old kid should be scoring 20 a season and not getting any cards. Its not like he was singled out for abuse by anyone due to him being such a threat. I really don't see what Bojinov has done to be better than Rooney. He didn't have big name players for Everton really. Most people thought they would go down this season and for very good reasons.

Suicide - Are you sure he has many assists? I can only recall one in the premiership, or are you talking about the champions league?

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Rooney is a fantastic player. But it seems to me that he only plays really well in the real big games i.e. CL debut, Euro 04 etc.

Its not necessarily a bad thing, although it will never be a great thing if it continues.

And I think people need to lay off Rooney. I too thought he was not as good as he made out to be pre-Euro 2004. But he scored 4 goals in a major International tournament and scored a hattrick in his CL debut. What more can he do?

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Freddy Adu said:
Rooney is a fantastic player. But it seems to me that he only plays really well in the real big games i.e. CL debut, Euro 04 etc.
Really? :googly: Big games??
In euro04 he played against Swirtzerland,crotia,france,portugal before his loser team got sent packing to that evil-colonial island.
Out of those four games, which ones do you consider big. So he scored 2 goals against Swi. Impressive :rolleyes: Scored 1 and was gifted another against crotia. That pathetic excuse of a team(no offense to crotia;) ).

What did he do against France. He was one of the three "local" boys (remember guys like Heskey,James,A.Cole,Sol do not meet the definition of local boy in england) who cost england that game. He was greedy not to pass to Vasell because he wanted all the glory to himself. That could have sealed the game. Other local boys who gave the win to france were Gerrard, and Becks. But it was all good because it wasn't one of the "others" who messed up.

What did he do against Protugal? He wasn't man enough to even stay on the pitch. Faked an injury when there was no one near him.

Ohh, the he score a hattrick in UCL. Against Fener ffs. Nothing to write home about tbh

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
CMBurns said:
What did he do against Protugal? He wasn't man enough to even stay on the pitch. Faked an injury when there was no one near him.
So explain why Rooney didn't play until September smart guy. :thmbup:

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Calcio, I can understand you dont like Rooney but this is weak even for you. :thmbdown:
If you really would've seen every game in the EPL, you would've known better.

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Kampfschwein said:
Calcio, I can understand you dont like Rooney but this is weak even for you. :thmbdown:
If you really would've seen every game in the EPL, you would've known better.
I actually I did watch 90% of epl games this season. The kid has like 4 goals and 0 assists this season.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
CMBurns said:
In euro04 he played against Swirtzerland,crotia,france,portugal before his loser team got sent packing to that evil-colonial island.
Out of those four games, which ones do you consider big. So he scored 2 goals against Swi. Impressive :rolleyes: Scored 1 and was gifted another against crotia. That pathetic excuse of a team(no offense to crotia;) ).

What did he do against France. He was one of the three "local" boys (remember guys like Heskey,James,A.Cole,Sol do not meet the definition of local boy in england) who cost england that game. He was greedy not to pass to Vasell because he wanted all the glory to himself. That could have sealed the game. Other local boys who gave the win to france were Gerrard, and Becks. But it was all good because it wasn't one of the "others" who messed up.

Ohh, the he score a hattrick in UCL. Against Fener ffs. Nothing to write home about tbh
You really are an idiot aren't you? :dielaugh:

Playing in the European Championships as an 18 year old, with all the pressure that was put on him before hand...I would call that a huge occasion. No matter if you're playing against Brazil or Croatia. Against France he won the penalty and played very well. And if you think he 'faked' the injury against Portugal you must need some help.

And again, Fenerbache or Real Madrid. A CL debut for an 18 year old is absolutely massive, when you have just been dubbed the most expensive teenager ever, and been signed by the biggest club in the world.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
he doesn't play as well for United as he does for England because mainly the tempo is much higher and also he's playing a very different position.

I think once he finds his true position in the United team and he gains more experience he will be a top EPL player, he is already a top International player, almost every game he has played for England he has been superb.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Rooney is a great player but at the moment he is very up and down.

Soon this will even out and he should be able to put out great performances more consistantly.

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
I completely agree Jern, even for United we see glimpses of what he is capable of. In the second half of the season when he's adjusted and climatised to his new team, we'll see the same Rooney who plays for England.

In an England shirt the lad has been the best player on the pitch almost everytime, he controls the game until he is subbed off, when he is subbed England don't even look half the team. He deserves all the praise he receives, he's an incredible talent who shouldn't be pressured this early into his career.

Fergie will give him time to mature and grow as a footballer just as he did with another great talent, Ryan Giggs.

It just amazes me, after all Rooney has done, people still question his talent.

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Russell said:
I completely agree Jern, even for United we see glimpses of what he is capable of. In the second half of the season when he's adjusted and climatised to his new team, we'll see the same Rooney who plays for England.
So it's all just hope now. The guy isn't the best player in manchester let alone the world

In an England shirt the lad has been the best player on the pitch almost everytime, he controls the game until he is subbed off, when he is subbed England don't even look half the team. He deserves all the praise he receives, he's an incredible talent who shouldn't be pressured this early into his career.
Even I can look good when playing with guys like Becks

Fergie will give him time to mature and grow as a footballer just as he did with another great talent, Ryan Giggs.
:dielaugh:

It just amazes me, after all Rooney has done, people still question his talent
What has he done.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
CMBurns said:
It helped get England into the knockout stages, so yeah it is kinda big. As opposed to the teams that didn't make it. Loser team? Half the players made it or should have made it into the best tournamant XI. Four goals in five games, yeah... he is pretty useless. Plus assists and a penalty won, as well as dominating games with his presence. Not to mention the fact he was subbed in in those games, against France with Heskey (jesus Sven!), twice when he was on a hattrick and once when he was injured.

He won a penalty after waltzing passed the France defence. He was busy taking on other players and it is not certain that Vassell would score, he made that space and had every right to go for goal and WOULD have if he hadn't been fouled. He also supported the team throughout. What the hell is a definition of a local boy? Are you so moronic that you have no conception of the romans, germanic, norman and other influences?

He got a broken foot! My god you have a head like a black hole. Rooney not man enough? So roughing up defenders means he is a thug, getting a broken foot means he isn't man enough to stay on the pitch. The guy tried to run off a broken foot for gods sake.

So who exactly does he have to score against?

As for his four goals and no assists. He has four and an assist with less games played than most due to him coming back from an INJURY. Its arguable that he is not even fully fit yet, look at Beckham and his broken foot as an example. Also got that hattrick and an assist in the champions league. So a decent return in the premiership, a good return in the champions league and a great return in the euro's. Clearly this guy needs to be put out of his misery.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
CMBurns said:
So it's all just hope now. The guy isn't the best player in manchester let alone the world

Even I can look good when playing with guys like Becks

:dielaugh:

What has he done.
Who said he is the best? Strawman fallacy, come back when you have a clue. Name a better player his age then that has done the things he has done?

You can't even look good on a webboard where your identity is hidden.

Ryan Giggs isn't a good player?

Erm, he was a major talent on a huge international stage, thats what. What have you done exactly? Besides looking clueless.

·
Banned
3,469 Posts
It's too early to say with Rooney. He is as good as any teenager in my years of following English football (1970-now) but we had 'the best teenager in England' here at Luton a few years back - jesus, the kid was like a racehorse, but now he's a fat bastard playing in a rest home for EPL rejects (Celtic's John Hartson).
I remember Julian Joachim and Chris Bart-Williams being given similar hype, and they ended up mediocrities.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts