·
Registered
10,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What would be the misterious move behind
the signing of Jonathan Woodgate.
It was obvious since day one, that this guy
was gonna give us a headache, its almost christmas
and this kunt hasnt even played a single minute for us.
He already got an AUDI for his "services" and some news
in Madrid are claiming that all he does nowdays is
playing golf at some Madrid fields.

Worse thing is that when i looked for information about
this guy just to read on his great past achievment to justify the millions we payed. the word injury and Woodgate came out in the same line
in about 80% of the articles.

What do u reckon Perez signed him for.

Hala Madrid, yeah right :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Alter Ego said:
What would be the misterious move behind
the signing of Jonathan Woodgate.
It was obvious since day one, that this guy
was gonna give us a headache, its almost christmas
and this kunt hasnt even played a single minute for us.
He already got a BMW for his "services" and some news
in Madrid are claiming that all he does nowdays is
playing golf at some Madrid fields.

Worse thing is that when i looked for information about
this guy just to read on his great past achievment to justify the millions we payed. the word injury and Woodgate came out in the same line
in about 80% of the articles.

What do u reckon Perez signed him for.

Hala Madrid, yeah right :rolleyes:

I think it probably was because Perez had to appease the masses by signing some strength in the back. Since he went after Owen instead of signing Viera, Emerson or Xabi Alonso he had to sign someone quickly. So this guy's name came up. Having signed Samuel alone would not have satisfied the fans, but by signing Woodgate, now many people were saying "Wow, Samuel and Woodgate, and now Helguera can be the defensive mid we needed". Yeah right! Another demonstration by Perez of how little he knows about football.

·
Registered
17,343 Posts
Again, we are going down the pan!

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Alter Ego said:
If you can´t see it you are probably blind....

The reason is quite simple, its the MULLET! THE MULLET! :star:

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Tony Montana said:
Again, we are going down the pan!
Why do I get the feeling that when the cycle changes and Real Madrid is up again, this guy will be cheering loudly and swearing that he was the greatest fan all along... ? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
17,343 Posts
do the names like Crpham and owen mean anything?

People are deluding themselves if they think we will win anything this season!

Get Juve and Milan and we will get rugged out in midfield!

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
the guy is perez's biggest mistake.
even worst then beckham.
first his a criminal, 2nd his injured all the time.

the only reason he was brought to real madrid is keep beckham and owen some english company.
think about it, you bring a player that you never need to think if he is fit or not, you just pay money so he can play snooker with beckham...

i say :thmbup: :thmbup: Mr. perez.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts

the only reason he was brought to real madrid is to beat some asians in our next promotion trip to asia...
seriously i think that could be the worst transfer in football history. i hope for him and us that he'll recover and play top level football again, after all ronaldo also was injured for like 3 years so who knows...

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Injurygate :howler:

Good one Azael ;)

Is he really playing golf in Madrid? :eekani:

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
The question here is:

a) Can we get him back to full fitness?

and

b) More importantly, can we get him back to match fitness and get him to recover his form?

On form, there is no denying Woodgate is one of the finest defenders around, but will he ever show his form at Real Madrid?!

The more time passes, the more I doubt it.

Please Woodgate, get your punk ass back to full fitness and partner Samuel so Helguera can move into the DM role. Beckham on the right, Figo on the left.

SHOWTIME BABY! :D

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
I forgot that he was even on the squad, great signing :googly: :relieved:

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
Che said:
I forgot that he was even on the squad, great signing :googly: :relieved:
you don't see him during matches?
he is carrying the balls to the stadium and messaging beckham's shoulders...

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
I can't value him, because I don't know how he plays or his attitude out of the pitch (the golf thing). In any case, it seems a bad joke why Milito was rejected, while Woodgate's injury story is much worse.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
he's injury prone, well that's an understatement.

but IF (a big word:D) you can get him fit he will be one hell of a player to have.

better than Ferdinand ? absolutely for sure, better then Terry ? oh yes.

this guy is a great defender and he is used to playing in an attacking side that leaves spaces at the back, Newcastle had no decent dfenive midfielders last year and he cleaned everything up.

IF then you might be glad, some of the best things are worth waiting for.

or he might just be permanently damaged and have to give up, then you'll be millions out and you will hear Freddie Shepherd's laughter from the North East of England. :howler:

·
Registered
6,035 Posts
Some of you guys are so disparaging it's side-splitting :happy:, only Jern Lizardhous has made a direct synopsis on Woodgate (Injurygate for some of you), especially being an Arsenal supporter and giving us an insight about Woodgate during his time in the EPL, which is good. First, it wasn't Perez's decision to get him, I mean he doesn’t even know the guy let alone knew he played in EPL, it was Camacho, who himself praised him as a great centre-back and wanted him badly to compliment Samuel’s dynamic, resilient defensive style, and the guy hasn't even played yet and all of you guys just jumped 'Geronimo!!' on the fact that he is arid and a life-stuttering jerk both as a player and a human being because of his injury and past erroneous actions . . . come on, as if we haven’t thought or contemplated of doing stupid things in our lifetime, so as to commence our code of law as sweet little angels :rollani: . . . forgive and forget, what he has done was foolish and he was punished for it and lets move forward, please.

Look I can understand this injury thing is pathetic, tedious and frustrating to say the least, who knows in what situation we could have been if both Samuel and Woodgate (fully-fit) will differentiate our form on the La Liga table giving Helguera the freedom to be a DM (and third CB). . . but anyway, In regards to Woodgate as a player, I spent some of my time trying to analyse his style of defensive play and so forth, just to assure myself if we acquired a proficient and competitive defender . . . And what an acquisition, I tell ya' if he was playing right now (fully-fit and on-form) we would open threads just praising him with eulogies like an ancient Norse god. His aerial capability, endurance and fast-paced ball recovery skills are second-to-none, he is in my opinion a very extraordinary acquisition and hopefully he will be on-form and be a great service for us and hence, I welcome him into Madrid.

Hope he perks up soon :moan:.

El Mariachi says: “Hala Madrid!”

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
There is no "real" truths here IMO. As it was a injury like this was not certain, but it was highly probable. As most of us pointed out, this glass boy will break more than once and while he may get some games for you don't be surprised when he breaks again.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Barca Rule said:
I venture to guess that you'll say he's not better than Sol Campbell. :rolleyes:
not yet but he could be, he is more complete than Sol just lacks his power.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts