Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 1064 Posts

·
6,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
THIS IS INDEED THE GREATEST THREAD ON XTRATIME!

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
May 11, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fab rejected by Perugia

Disappointing news for Derby’s Fabrizio Ravanelli yesterday when Perugia said they didn’t want him. Rav was hoping his hometown club would have him seeing that Derby don’t, but Managing Director Alessandro Gaucci says no way. “He is not a player who will be joining us. Not because we don't rate him but for other reasons, in particular his age. We are investing in youth,” he added.

channel4

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Chelsea want Italian youngster

Udinese midfielder Giampiero Pinzi has been heavily linked with Chelsea. Blues boss Claudio Ranieri is keen on buying an Italian midfielder and both Pinzi and long time target Lazio’s Roberto Baronio seem to fit the bill. Italian U-21 star Pinzi says: "I am very happy with Udinese but to be wanted by a major club abroad is something I must think about seriously."

channel4

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Perugia talk Toon

Perugia are in talks with Newcastle United over striker Zisis Vryzas. Reports in the Italian press suggest that Newcastle are ready to pay £5m for the Greek international. Vryzas has been linked with moves to Middlesbrough and Everton in the past.

channel4

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Chievo's right wing midfielder, Eriberto, hopes to join Lazio as soon as possible. And he asks the two clubs to reach an agreement as soon as possible.

Eriberto: "I would be happy to join Lazio. At the age of 23 I feel that I am ready for a big club. It would be a great opportunity for me. I ask Lazio and Chievo to reach an agreement as soon as possible so that I can go on vacation, knowing where I will play next season. It would be nice to work with Mancini next season. I know that he admires me, because he has been at our training sessions many times during this season. And I believe a lot in Cragnotti's project, because especially after a negative season, he wants to build a great team."

Eriberto's agent confirms that Lazio is favorite to sign the player: "Lazio is favorite over Juventus and Roma to sign Eriberto because Lazio is ready to buy Manfredini as well."

Lazio is said to have bid 22 million Euro for the two wing players.

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Verona's right wing defender Massimo Oddo did yesterday go through the medical tests, which he passed, and he is now ready to sign and be presentated to media. The day when he will be presentated hasn't been set yet.

Oddo: "I am happy to wear Lazio's shirt and I promise my new fans that I will always give all I have on the field."

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Como sign new stars for Serie A Sunday 19 May, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Como are celebrating their promotion into the top flight with a host of reinforcements.

The club that resuscitated Luis Oliveira’s career has already officially signed FC Roda’s Dutch goalkeeper Zeljko Kalac and Croatian forward Sasa Bjelanovic.

Their latest signing is Yugoslav midfielder Nikola Lazetic from Turkish side Fenerbahce. The 24-year-old was born in Kosovo and has been capped 13 times. He can play both in central midfield and the right flank.

More moves in the pipeline include Perugia’s want-away goalkeeper Andrea Mazzantini. The former Venezia shot-stopper has been ruled out of the squad for the last six months after refusing to accept a move.

Como will face competition from Venezia and several Premiership clubs to take the veteran ‘keeper.

Como also announced that they have bought out Milan’s remaining half of Nicola Corrent’s contract.

The 23-year-old ex-Salernitana forward was co-owned and could prove to be a key buy for the future of the small club.

channel4

·
Star Player
2,744 Posts
Since Everton need new players for next season, we may as well start looking to Italy for them... give me time and I'll be able to produce a list of reasonably priced players who can do the job :D

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Torino to tempt Villareal Sunday 19 May, 2002

Torino are preparing for their second season in Serie A with many comings and goings.

Director Sandro Mazzola is in South America for talks with Boca Juniors regarding their midfielder Javier Villareal.

The 22-year-old has also caught the eye of several other Serie A sides, including Udinese.

Antonino Asta is certain to leave after failing to agree a new contract with the club. A future in the Premiership appears to be the most likely scenario for the 32-year-old winger.

Roma have requested Cristiano Lucarelli (pictured) in exchange for Ivan Tomic and the loan of teenage prodigy Antonio Cassano.

If this move does go through, then it is increasingly likely that Gianluca Comotto will be sold to make way for midfielder Tomic.

Simone Vergassola is also uncertain of his position in the Granata squad despite an impressive season from the ex-Sampdoria winger.

channel4

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Perugia Reveal Spanish Interest In Vryzas
News Archive

05/20/2002. Perugia president Luciano Gauchi has revealed that three Spanish clubs have enquired about the possibility of signing Greek striker Zisis Vryzas.

The 28-year-old has netted 17 goals over his last two seasons at the Renato Curi and is regularly linked with a move to a bigger club.

"Valencia, Atletico Madrid and Betis have contacted us about Vrysas. We are ready to discuss with any interested party." said Gaucci.

Perugia have gained a reputation over the past few years of signing players on the cheap and selling them on for large transfer fees and Vryzas would fall into this category should be he sold on in the summer.

soccerage

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Nigmatullin on his way Saturday 25 May, 2002

Ruslan Nigmatullin has announced that he will not be playing for Verona next season.

The Russian international goalkeeper was one of the surprise signings of the January transfer window, but went on to play only one Serie A game.

Nigmatullin, who revealed the news to Russian agency RIA, had made quite an impact with Lokomotiv Moscow in the Champions¡¦ League.

Lazio, Juventus and Roma were all in the running for the sought after shot stopper, but Verona sealed the signature with a promise of first team football.

However, the fine form of veteran Fabrizio Ferron saw the 27-year-old sidelined and the club was eventually relegated into Serie B.

Nigmatullin did not reveal the name of his next club, but it is unlikely to be in Serie A.

channel4

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Parma have agreed a deal for Bresciano. They have also bought 50% in Adriano and bought the second half of Matteo Ferarri.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Agostinelli in Piacenza link Tuesday 28 May, 2002

Andrea Agostinelli is the latest candidate to be linked with the Piacenza job for the new season.

The tactician, sacked by Serie B side Ternana earlier this season, is reportedly set to take over at the Garilli for the new campaign.

Current boss Walter Novellino has long been linked with a move to Sampdoria who see the former Milan midfielder as the perfect man to lead them back to the top flight.

But Agostinelli will have a difficult job ahead of him, with a number of the club¡¦s most competent players set to be sold.

Star striker Dario Hubner, last season¡¦s Serie A top scorer, is almost certain to join a big club with Milan currently leading the chase.

While veteran players Giuseppe Cardone and Sergio Volpi look set to follow Novellino to the city of Genoa.

Other coaches linked with the Piacenza job had included former Lecce boss Alberto Cavasin and Milan youth team tactician Mauro Tassotti.

channel4

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Serie A swoops on U-21 starlets Wednesday 29 May, 2002

Italian sides are lining up to pluck the best talent from the recent Under-21 European Championships in Switzerland.

The main target is Czech Republic goalkeeper Petr Cech, who saved two penalties in the Final shoot-out against France.

The giant shotstopper is only 20 years old but already stands at just under two metres and currently plies his trade for Sparta Prague.

Lazio are the favourites to take Cech to Italy, although Perugia could sway him with an offer of first team football.

The Czech side, who eliminated Italy in the Semi-Finals and went on to win the trophy 3-1 on penalties against France, is brimming with young talent.

One familiar face to the Italian scene is Reggina’s Martin Jiranek. The defender has improved considerably since coming to the Peninsula and could be granted a move in exchange for a star on loan.

Atletico Madrid have made the first step for midfielders Lukas Zelenka and David Kobylik, but smaller Serie A sides are preparing bids.

Liverpool striker Milan Baros has struggled to find space in the Premiership line-up and could return to the club that had battled with The Reds for his signature – Piacenza.

The almost certain departure of Dario Hubner and Nicola Caccia could see the 21-year-old hitman move to the Stadio Garilli on loan.

Piacenza face competition from Perugia and Modena in their bid for Baros.

Defeated Finalists France also put some new names on the transfer market with their performance in the tournament.

Nantes goalkeeper Mikael Landreau was already a sought-after figure before these Championships, but would not leave for less than £4m.

Roma have long been tracking Auxerre defender Philippe Mexes and could extend that bid to another Nantes star, Sylvain Armand.

Inter and Juventus are battling over Bleuettes striker Sidney Govou, a pacey 23-year-old who currently plays for Olympique Lyon.

Pegguy Luyindula is on the list of future buys for both Parma and Milan.

channel4

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Ruggeri in no rush to sell Thursday 30 May, 2002

Atalanta President Ivan Ruggeri has revealed he is in no hurry to sell his most wanted players.

The Bergamo outfit have a host of men that have been linked with some of Italy¡¦s biggest clubs but they may not be allowed to move.

"We have no real need for vast amounts of money because our finances are in a good and healthy state," he said.

"If we sell players then it will be under our terms. For example if we agree to sell someone then I¡¦m only interested in cash rather than player exchanges."

Cristiano Doni, Damiano Zenoni and Luciano Zauri have all been reported to be on their way out of the club. The latter hotly linked with Inter.

"Up until now we haven¡¦t received one serious offer," continued Ruggeri. "We¡¦ve talked to Inter about Zauri who have offered us Nicola Ventola. But I must remind people that players at big clubs have wages that are too steep for us to take on."

The Nerazzurri chief added: "We¡¦ve also met with Juventus but as of yet neither Zauli nor Zenoni have their ticket booked out of here. Only if we get what we want will they leave."

Italian international Doni will almost certainly be sold to either Roma or Juventus. While Zenoni and Zauri, both capped by the Azzurri in the past, are wanted by both Milan clubs.

channel4

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Inter, Bologna watch super Swede Wilhelmsson
tribalfootball.com - May 30, 2002

Inter Milan and Bologna scouts were at Stabaek's 5-0 thrashing of Lyn this week to watch highly-rated Swede Christian Wilhelmsson in action.
The Italian duo are just two of several Serie A clubs interested in the 21 year-old, who is regarded as the Norwegian competition's best emerging talent.

Inter and Bologna representatives will remain in Oslo this week and will also take in Stabaek's clash with Lillestrom.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
SA Exclusive: Several Clubs Keen On Tedesco
News Archive

Highly coveted (Allsport)
05/31/2002. SoccerAge.com sister site Rete.it can exclusively reveal that a number of clubs are interested in signing Perugia midfielder Giovanni Tedesco.

"Lazio have a great interest in the player," vice-president Alessandro Gaucci told us. "While Torino have also asked for information."

He also added that Milan could make a move for the 30-year-old.

soccerage

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Doni's Agent Claims Interest From Liverpool
News Archive

Doni wanted by Liverpool? (Allsport)
06/07/2002. Italian international midfielder Christiano Doni is on Liverpool's shopping list, according to his agent.

His agent, Paul Conti, added that the Atalanta player would rather stay in Italy though.

Conti said: "Liverpool are very interested in my assistance and they are frequently in touch with Atalanta, however on Doni's part there is a strong will to remain in Italy

"The Liverpool interest is flattering but is considered second choice as he prefers to stay in Serie A."

soccerage

1 - 20 of 1064 Posts