Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
VI.nl
Hatem Trabelsi heeft bij de voorzieningenrechter in Amsterdam een kort geding aangespannen tegen Ajax. De adviseurs van de Tunesische verdediger willen aantonen dat het contract van Trabelsi in strijd is met het arbeidsrecht.
Het gaat daarbij met name om de eenzijdige optie in de vorige verbintenis van Trabelsi, die Ajax onlangs lichtte. Volgens de juristen en adviseurs van de speler is hij komende zomer transfervrij, terwijl Ajax op het standpunt staat dat de rechterverdediger nu tot de zomer van 2006 aan Ajax verbonden is.

Mr. Bas Beenen en mr. Frank van Buuren zeggen voldoende argumenten te hebben om de burgerrechter een oordeel te vragen. Volgens beide advocaten is het uitoefenen van een eenzijdige optie in strijd met artikel 39 van het EU-verdrag, omdat het zorgt voor een beperking van het vrije verkeer van werknemers.

Ajax maakt zich geen zorgen over het geding. 'De adviezen die wij hebben gekregen van onze juristen, zorgen voor vertrouwen', zegt directeur Arie van Eijden deze week in Voetbal International. Het kort geding dient op 4 mei.
Ajax brought him in the big picture and now he wants to leave us for free? :mad: As if the family Trabelsi can't eat enough couscous when they can't strike up a big signing bonus (that would come in place for the transferfree). I've no problem that he leaves this summer, let be me clear about that, since that I could see coming from day 1 this season, but in this way. :thumbdwn:

·
Registered
40,650 Posts
If Ajax hadn't done it, some other club would have given him the chance to expose the talent he has.
He can easily become one of the best fullbacks in the world and he feels he's been mistreated by Ajax.

Sue them for all they got Hatem! :cool:

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If using the option in a contract is already seen as mistreatment.....:rolleyes:

They should stop seeing the footballbusiness as an average business just like any other, since unlike in those branches players/employees are also part of the income with the transferworth.

Without the 'Wondersloffen van Co' still would have played for CCS Faxien.

·
Registered
65 Posts
i dont knwo dutch so i dont know if it was mentioned in the article, but a few weeks ago an ajax director came out and said he had all of ajax's lawyers look into the matter (trabelsi's and maxwell's contracts). they came to the conclusion that they have a water-tight case agaisnt the 2 and it will be AJAX'S decision to take up the 2 yr extension. he went on to say they can leave this summer but it will be for money.

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Don't just blame Hatem. As so often, a player is influenced by some guys in suits behind them, telling them what to do. This is for me a clear case of agents, who are pushing him to do this. Of course it is bad that he agrees with it, but in modern day football players are under pressure from a lot of dodgy managers and agents.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Prince-O said:
Don't just blame Hatem. As so often, a player is influenced by some guys in suits behind them, telling them what to do. This is for me a clear case of agents, who are pushing him to do this. Of course it is bad that he agrees with it, but in modern day football players are under pressure from a lot of dodgy managers and agents.
Well, the agent may be pressuring him but in the end it's Trabelsi who decides, and if he decided to go to court against the club then he deserves all the criticism for his decisions. He's an adult making professional decisions, and it's not like the agent has his family hostage. Let's not exaggerate the influence of external factors in this case.

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Garrincha said:
Well, the agent may be pressuring him but in the end it's Trabelsi who decides, and if he decided to go to court against the club then he deserves all the criticism for his decisions. He's an adult making professional decisions, and it's not like the agent has his family hostage. Let's not exaggerate the influence of external factors in this case.
Of course not, but what I find funny in this case is that I've hardly heard Trabelsi's views on the case. I only hear agents, managers, lawyers etc. talk for him. It makes it look as though they have a lot of interests in him leaving the club, so that's why I pointed out that it there could be external factors as well. :)

btw, I don't understand what the whole freakin' fuss is about, since for me when a player signs a 2-year contract with an option for another season, he has basically signed a 3-year contract (if the club wants to keep him), so I find it ridiculous they are complaining and sueing Ajax now. :confused:

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
If Trabelsi will win this case, a new term will be made public where many other players will opt for I guess since many clubs work with such called 'onesided option'.. After the Bosman-arrest, the Trabelsi-arrest?

He signed the contract with full awareness (I guess). If he didn't agree on the option back then he should have said it when he was signing it, and not complaining now.
Perhaps Ajax can delay the court long enough, like presenting it to an European court, so that Trabelsi will have to agree on leaving for some cash this summer.

zandhapper :mad:

·
Registered
7,770 Posts
I can't see all this do any good to his career. With all the possible appeals, this case could take a very long time (years?) And during the remaining part of the contract, he'll sit in the stands, which won't do any good to his form...
I hope a topclub will see that it will take years before they can sign him for free and just makes a bid for him so that he'll leave in a more civilised way...

·
Registered
478 Posts
trabelsi against the club who made him a great player.

Hatem: Leave and NEVER come back

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
Koeman says Trabelsi has no Ajax future 03 May 2004

Ajax trainer Ronald Koeman has given a clear indication that
Hatem Trabelsi no longer fits in his future plans.
The Tunisian international defender is currently sidelined with an injury and will not feature in Ajax's 2 remaining games.
Furthermore, Trabelsi's court case in which he has challenged Ajax concerning his rights to leave the club as a free agent at the end of this season, will be heard this week.
Koeman "I think it is quite evident that Trabelsi is busy with his future plans and they certainly do not lie here"
(footballnl.com)

No big loss if you ask me. :yuck:

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As a person perhaps not, but as a player.... Although he we had to do without him for most of this season already, so it won;t be such an unexpected and uncovered loss.

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
It's tragic that it had to come to this as Ajax gave Hatem an oppertunity most UEFA clubs would never have dared even to attempt and Hatem gave Ajax three marvellous seasons and become IMO the best RB in the World.

I love Hatem but he must understand that Ajax is a club that makes a living off developing unknown commodites into World class players who can be sold for 5 times the price they were aquired for.

Really I hope both sides can come to some sort of agreement prior to May 17th as while Hatem deserves an oppertunity to ply his trade amongest the best of the best, Ajax do not deserve to be left with nothing.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Ajax's Trabelsi on new Liverpool shopping list
tribalfootball.com - May 10, 2004

Liverpool boss Gerard Houllier will use his ¢G40 million jackpot to again gamble with his senior squad.
Rather than sign established internationals, Houllier will go for younger players on the verge of big breakthroughs, with Auxerre's ¢G14 million striker Djibril Cisse the first on his hit-list.

Ajax fullback Hatem Trabelsi will also be approached by Liverpool, while Houllier will enter the race for Leeds star Alan Smith.

The Reds boss will try again for Nottingham Forest defender Michael Dawson, despite the First Division club's reluctance so far to sell.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yesterday he left the ArenA during the game and so didn't participated in any of the celebrations. :groan: Really sad, that it has to end in such a way just for the sake of a few Euros more (mainly for his agent I guess :greed: ). :(

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
with yesterdays childish behaviour Trabelsi showed what kind of character he is. Okay, he has trouble with the club but in spite of that: why not celebrating with his teammates?! I´m sure he missed a cool party. ;)
Well, its obvious that he doesnt feel part of the team any more. No big loss if you ask me. As club you dont need players like him.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts