Xtratime Community banner

Hare you in favour of Thierry Henry joining Milan and why

  • Yes

    Votes: 23 40.4%
  • No

    Votes: 36 63.2%

  • Total voters
    57
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As for sometime now he's been heavily linked with Milan, having naturally no knowledge if the rumour is true or false, I'm rather curious to fully understand and appreciate eventual opinions on his possible signing :)
 

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Joined
·
63,337 Posts
obviously i don't want him to leave but if he did i'd choose you guys as Haroon would really enjoy this guys talent and ability to rise to the big occassions.

so i voted yes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,144 Posts
Presidente you're a Genius!!

for me Henry commin to Milan?!


NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo.....

why?! his good years are gone, he's an amazing player, HUGE, phenomenal, but old, & if you want greatness you should look to you future, so if you ask me whom do you think Mlan should sign in the next couple of seasons, i'd say: Fernando Torres!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55,900 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
obviously i don't want him to leave but if he did i'd choose you guys as Haroon would really enjoy this guys talent and ability to rise to the big occassions.

so i voted yes.
haroon would pass away:tongue:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lazyyzal05 said:
Would he fit into your guys system?, Gilardinho,Sheva etc. Were would you play him?.
That's roughly the question posed within openig post of the thread, even though not as detailed :)
 

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
Joined
·
38,110 Posts
Judging by his previous performance in the Serie A, 3 goals in 16 matches, I'd love to see Henry join Milan. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55,900 Posts
Boyo said:
Judging by his previous performance in the Serie A, 3 goals in 16 matches, I'd love to see Henry join Milan. ;)
that's the same record goals he made against roma in a single match:howler:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
With all due respect towards the indeed great analysis so far included within the thread :star: may we take a step forward anf detail possible assets or negatives, should he indded join us :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,253 Posts
Milanista4ever said:
Yes Zambrotta would be a huge signing....but its more of a dream, for now at least


Personally I think the Zambrotta hypothesisi is a lot more logical than the Henry rumour.


At least Zambro is a defender,
as least Zambro is younger,
at least Zambro would not dispose a 30M signing to the bench.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,253 Posts
Milanista4ever said:
Yes Zambrotta would be a huge signing....but its more of a dream, for now at least


Personally I think the Zambrotta hypothesis is a lot more logical than the Henry rumour.


At least Zambro is a defender,
as least Zambro is younger,
at least Zambro would not dispose a 30M signing to the bench.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
585 Posts
As long as it doesnt mean the departure of one of our others strikers (tho amoruso can leave) then I would say a big Yes! :thumbsup:

Imagine a strike force of sheva, henry and kaka. I know sheva and henry are similar type players but they don't confine themselves to one particular role as a striker. They both can score the typical strikers goals like the tap in and play the role of the main targetman. However they also can both drop back and come in from deep, or come in from the left or the right. With both of them in our team the opposition would never have a clue where the attack was coming from. How do you defend against a team wheres its front 3 men can keep switching up what role they play.

Also I doubt whether henry comes or not would have an effect on our transfers in the defence department. Berlusconi has always been the kind of person who will buy who he wants and also who milan need, and not worry too much about how much the player costs if it's the right player. He always gets the players he intends to, no more no less. I dont think that if we got henry it would mean less money for our ageing defence.

Plus the age thing. 29 isnt too old. He has at least 4 good yrs in him. enough to score 100 for us. having our first three strikers were the oldest would be 29 doesnt worry me one bit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,253 Posts
gluck28 said:
As long as it doesnt mean the departure of one of our others strikers (tho amoruso can leave) then I would say a big Yes! :thumbsup:

Imagine a strike force of sheva, henry and kaka. I know sheva and henry are similar type players but they don't confine themselves to one particular role as a striker. They both can score the typical strikers goals like the tap in and play the role of the main targetman. However they also can both drop back and come in from deep, or come in from the left or the right. With both of them in our team the opposition would never have a clue where the attack was coming from. How do you defend against a team wheres its front 3 men can keep switching up what role they play.

Also I doubt whether henry comes or not would have an effect on our transfers in the defence department. Berlusconi has always been the kind of person who will buy who he wants and also who milan need, and not worry too much about how much the player costs if it's the right player. He always gets the players he intends to, no more no less. I dont think that if we got henry it would mean less money for our ageing defence.


So you are all for the situation that we might result in;


20M for Cris
30M for Henry



That's awful. :stress:
 
1 - 20 of 212 Posts
Top