Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think so too. With the number of brilliant Argentinians in top clubs in Europe, I think they have a great chance of winning their third World Cup. Brazil will of course also be up there. May be a final with the two South American giants?

------------------
Webmaster
http://worldcup.socceralliance.com

D

·
0 Posts
The Dutch have probably the best team in europe right now. if they can retain their good perfomance on the big stage, winning Euro 2000 is what is expected of them, then they are likely to win thier first ever WC in 2002. Bergkamp will be missing, but Van Nistelrooij and Van Hooijdonk are ideal replacements. Both are tall,athletic and extremely quick of the mark.
But anyway, when you look at Holland squad sheet against Scotland, you think, these 18 players should all be playing, everyone of them is so talented.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I think that there are a lot of good teams at this moment to choose from. I think Argentina and Brazil lack a solid defense (especially at the center). Other South American team that has very good and young players is Uruguay maybe not at the level of Argentina and Brazil at this moment but by 2002 some of theri young promisis will be a lot more mature and developed so if they are able to qualify they have good chances as they are solid at almost every position.

On Europe, Holland has maybe the best squad but they are playing badly at the moment. The Czech Republic has not so many stars but as a team they are very solid and if they are able to put behind the failure of not qualifying for France they can be very dangerous.

Also, there are always the African teams who can play one match as gods and others as 5 year olds, they are great but their irregularity and lack of organization can make them fail.

·
International
5,629 Posts
THe team I look most forward to in WC2002 will be the Euro2000 Champs Portugal! They have it all, and will display this time around!

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
look out for England.
If the talent they have come through then they will be a force again.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
argentina has a great central defender who is only 22...his name is WALTER SAMUEL. i know that that aspect of their game is always a question, but individual skills dont win games, its teamwork and if they do play like a team, they will win.

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Ok ,
i will not go on how brazil is great and etc....
but one thing....their is a large brazilian japanese colony in japan...also the bigest japanese colony of the world is in Brazil.
We taught them the sport (Zico) :)
And also they loved Ayrton Senna.....who used to run with HOnda engines :)
SO therefore, the Japanese will support us...an extra advantage! :)

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL
Pelo Corinthians, com muito amor...ate o fim.
LHP - THE WORLD IS OURS!!!

[This message has been edited by Ze da Fiel (edited 26-04-2000).]

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
I'm going for Argentina or Italia, they both have great young players, and in 2 years they should be at their best. Not to mention the great stars they have already.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Englands team in 2002:

__________James

Dyer Campbell Ferdinand Harley

Beckham Scholes Gerrad Macca

________Owen Heskey

subs

R Wright
Ehiogu
Bowyer
Fowler

I don't know if they'll win it but this side is great and watch out for it.

F

·
0 Posts
I think that Argentina is at the moment one of the best teams in the world it's triumph over Spain of 2-0 in Spain and the fact that they are first in the qualifying round were Brazil plays to qualify too demonstrates the good quality of Argentine soccer.

T

·
0 Posts
Argentina, Brazil or Holland.
I'm not going to say why I think that... it would take too long time.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts