Xtratime Community banner

The team of SHAME

2K views 65 replies 14 participants last post by  TAZZ 
#1 ·
I'm so embarassed ny this result.
HOw can we play do crap??????
At leat one thing we got the defnse fixes (ok the second goal was horrible) but edmilson and Roque Jr played well together, specially Emidlson.
But the midfield was simpley HORRIBLE, and the only person that we can balme is RIVALDO. The guy simple does not know what the word passing is.....he tries to carry the ball all the time, and does not give a decent sequence to play.
We are simply playing pathetic, we got no right hand side (and that has been the probalme for many games), and Cafu's sendig off is no excuse for that.
If Luxemburgo loses to Argentina, I think the should go and dress is suit somewhere else, cause he's had time to train the team, he picks these players, and insists on them. HIs arrogance kills him. we got not right hand side on midfield, our team is just standing still from the middle to the front, at least he got the defense right this time....but the attack is awful.....the only thing rivaldo done was the gola,. apart from that he just sunk the team with so much selfishness and lack of objectivity.
WHy does not he call the stars? the guys that have the balls? Were is Edilson, Marcelinho, ricaridnho, Emdundo, ROMARIO...etc...etc.... players that I have been asking for since he took charge?
I'm simply sick of so many embarassments, even with Zagallo we played better and got good results...but now with Luxemburgo we play awful and we just get bad results everywere.
NOw is the war...now is Argentina, and only qualified men are suited for this battle, puffs must go away...Rivaldo and Ze Roberto...ask to leave.........if they dont it will be Luxmeburgo who will be leaving....and frankly I could not care less if that arrogant prick does leave!

See less See more
G
#3 ·
This is F@cking disgusting...I am sorry for the lang...but I cant take this anymore...SOMETHING HAS TO HAPPEN!!!....no more explanations....If Brazil looses to Argentina now..I couldnt care less if everyone on the team is never selected again...I am truly embarassed...I cant believe my eyes!!!!

Please someone give me a report...I cant handle this crap any longer!!!!

#4 ·
Ze, I must admit that I was quite suprised by this result. At the very least, I thought that Brazil would salvage a draw. Next week should be very interesting... :)

At the end of the day Brazil will always be Brazil, you guy's will bounce back and improve on the current form (I just hope that it doesn't happen next week)

#5 ·
Ze, i am sorry for your loss even though i feel good about it.

rivaldo to me and everyone else is a selfish player. he should understand that football isnt a one player sport, but there are 10 others on the field. He is scoring the goals for you guys but at the cost of what? bad plays most of the times. uraguay seems to be stronger than you guys right now.

as for the argentina game, dont for one second think argentina will win. as i mentioned before, other stats dont matter because both teams have the capability to win the game. but ZE, let me say that even IF you beat argentina, and im saying IF:), that wont change the fact that brazil is in a big crisis. one win will not change what is going on.

I really hope brazil plays great against us so argentina will get challenged to see how good they can be.

#6 ·
this is officially the worst performance i have ever seen from brazil. real crap!

but, ze da fiel, how can you blame rivaldo? at least he scored the tying goal (and was close on a free kick). why dom't you blame those bums cesar sampaio, ze roberto and flavio concecaio? those three guys were HORRIBLE!!!!

you guys should stop blaming rivaldo. it's not his fault that he was playing ALONE in the midfield. he did what he could. sure, it was junk most of the time. but he was the only player in midfield. cesar sampaio, flavio and ze roberto should never be picked ever again!

ze da fiel, you are right about the defense. the defense was good, especially when you consider that cafu was red-carded and robcarlos was garbage. edmilson was the best player for brazil. he was solid in defense and made lots of runs in attack. he didn't make crap passes like the rest of the team. roque junior was ok, but i don't know where he was on the two goals. anyway, edmilson MUST PLAY for brazil in the future. finally, the defense looked good.

franca didn't get to touch the ball because the midfield was so crap. it is the worst midfield i have ever seen in brazil. what an embarassment. a big joke.

last game, alex easily was the best player. where was he tonight?

#7 ·
A few weeks ago I said the Under-23 team would beat the Brazilian national team, and many of you laughed at me. Well what I'm telling you is a FACT: The Under-23 team with Ronaldinho Gaucho and Alex would kick Rivaldo's ass, kick Cafu's ass, kick Roberto Carlos's ass. It would be a joke.

The Under-23 team plays with passion and style. And the Under-23 team knows which way the goal is and always creates lots of scoring chances. How many scoring chances did Brazil make against Paraguay? One or two. Maybe three, maybe.

The Under-23 team would have beaten Paraguay. The Under-23 team is Brazilian. This national team is big-headed European crap.

#8 ·
Paraguay stuns Brazil in World Cup qualifier

ASUNCION (July 19, 2000 12:02 a.m. EDT http://www.sportserver.com) - Modest Paraguay stunned Brazil in a World Cup qualifier on Tuesday, beating the four-time champions 2-1 in a dramatic finale.

Substitute Jorge Campos scored an 83rd-minute winner with a spectacular goal, nine minutes after Rivaldo had scored to seemingly salvage a point for Brazil.

Carlos Paredes had given Paraguay, whose last win over Brazil was 21 years ago in the Copa America, a sixth-minute lead, and Brazil played nearly half the match with a man less after captain Cafu was sent off in the first half.

It was only Brazil's second ever defeat in a World Cup qualifier -- its first having come against Bolivia in 1993 -- and the result took Paraguay above it in the South American qualifying group. Paraguay has nine points and Brazil eight. (CAN YOU GUYS BELIEVE THIS?)

Brazil went into the match under pressure for its recent lackluster performances, and Tuesday's result could lead to speculation about the future of coach Wanderley Luxemburgo, who has been unable to settle on a team. (THEY SHOULD FIRE HIM NOW! FIRE CANDINHO, TOO! MAKE PELE OR TOSTAO COACH THE DAMN TEAM. AT LEAST THEY WOULD RESTORE THE PASSION AND PRIDE, AND THEN THE RESULTS WOULD COME.)

Brazil, which made five changes to the team which drew 1-1 with Uruguay last month, started sluggishly and was soon caught off guard by Paraguay's more urgent passing game. (LOOK, PARAGUAY'S PASSING WAS BETTER THAN BRAZIL'S! BRAZIL IS SUPPOSED TO HAVE THE MOST SKILLFUL PASSERS IN THE WORLD.)

Edmilson and Roque Junior initially seemed comfortable at the heart of Brazil's re-organized defense, but both were guilty of ball-watching when Paredes rose to head in from a corner in the sixth minute. (TRUE.)

Brazil continued to lack confidence going forward, with Cesar Sampaio and Flavio Conceicao guilty of poor distribution in midfield. (BIG BUMS. REAL BUNCH OF CRAP!)

Unable to find any rhythm, the Brazilians could only have been grateful that they were far away from the jeers that echoed around Rio de Janeiro's Maracana stadium during the game with Uruguay.

Both teams had first-half penalty appeals turned down, although Cafu's trip on Paredes looked the more justified.

Brazil's troubles increased shortly before the break, when Cafu was sent off for a second yellow card offense after pole-axing Paredes.

Luxemburgo, still searching for an effective attacking formula to fill the gap left by the long-term injury suffered by Ronaldo, brought on Guilherme for Franca at halftime, but the change made little impact.

Paraguay was having little trouble containing Brazil, and Pedro Sarabia nearly increased the lead after a superb passing move.

Brazil, which failed to trouble goalkeeper Jose Luis Chilavert at all in the first half, had to wait until the 68th minute even to win a corner.

But it suddenly found another gear when a previously out-of-sorts Rivaldo stooped to head a Roberto Carlos cross past Chilavert in the 74th minute.

At that point, Brazil was on top and seemed set for victory when Paraguay substitute Victor Quintana was sent off for a dangerous tackle on Roberto Carlos in the 79th minute, having been on the field for only 11 minutes.

However, Campos set the stadium alight when he latched onto up a long kick from Chilavert, fended off two defenders and swept the ball past Brazilian goalkeeper Dida.

Brazil faces arch-rival Argentina next week in desperate need of a good result and performance to restore faith in the team.

#9 ·
Uruguay playing well? I don't think so. Didn't you see the game today? I mean those guys were lucky. Venezuela, the poorest team in CONMEBOL gave them their money's worth. Uruguay did not play pretty and the 3-1 is over rated. That last minute goal made the game look decent for the charruas, but really wasn't. If Uruguay is playing better than Brazil right now, oh boy, Brazil will be missing their first WC ever. Don't take this personal Argentina, I think that your posts are one of the best but I have to disagree on that one. At the end all that matters are the 3 points, not how you get them.

#10 ·
This is a stunner!! I can't belive they lost. There needs to be major changes.

The only thing that worries me is Brazil getting ULTRA motivated against Argentina next week. I mean, this is their biggest rivals, they are going to face so much criticism until then, and that game could be their breakout. I am scared for Argentina.

#11 ·
eclipse

thats true, they MIGHT break out of the crisis if they beat us, but it could even be the NAIL IN THE COFFIN FOR BRAZIL. if they lose, luxembergo will be gone and huge changes will done.

I believe argentina will play smart and beat this horrible brazillian team.:)

3-2 was my prediction and i will stick to it.

#12 ·
scared for argentina? why?

brazil is struggling. argentina is playing the best football in the world. and you are worried for argentina? well, i am worried for brazil.

i know brazil always plays better against argentina just because it's argentina. but brazil has to play MUCH, MUCH better to have a chance at 3 points. face it, 1 point at home against argentina will be like another loss. and 0 points will be ... .

#13 ·
"i know brazil always plays better against argentina just because it's argentina" <--- that's exactly why I am worried. The game against Arg is a must win, anything else is the final nail in the coffin for Luxebourgo and some of the players as argentina said.

#14 ·
Ze,blame Rivaldo? Personally I would blame (a) Cafu for his dump red card and (b) the rest midfielders.Flavio Conceicao was AWFUL.Ze Roberto was pathetic and Cesar Sambaio put up one of the worst performances I saw from a midfielder ever.Djalminha should not play at a so advanced role,he wasnt bad but he seemed a bit "lost" plus he couldnt do what he was supposed to do,deliver the ball to Franca.Edmilson and roque Junior were ok,but they were beaten off at both goals...

I also think its time for a change in goals.Dida didnt exaclty do somethying wrong but he didnt do anything exactly good.He is not something special.Maybe Marcos or Rogerio or (how can I say that) Taffarel can help more.

Finally I think Luxemburgo is not to blame.What the man cant do is score,dribble and defend.When you play such players as Brazil does you expect them to do something.He has changed a million line ups and still no results.Its the players to blame not him.I agree with Falcao,Alex should play since he was good in the last game.He can co-exist with Rivaldo and he is so much better than Ze Roberto!

My ratings (1-10)

Dida 6
Cafu 5 (a 6 becoming 5 for his stupid red card)
Edmilson 6
Roque Junior 6
Roberto Carlos 5
Rivaldo 6
Cesar Sambaio 2
Flavio Conceicao 2
Ze Roberto 1
Franca 5
Djalminha 6

G
#16 ·
what goes up must come down, the Law of Gravity ;)

I guess it is time for Brazil to lay low for awhile, Brazil is experiencing some tough time right now and losing to Paraguay really come to no surprise today.. I am really sad but i am fine about this defeat because I think this is a match for Brazil to learn lesson, I will not worry about next week match since Brazil is not going to make it agaisnt Arg.

I hope Brazil can recover soon from this defeat and make it back to second place.

#17 ·
I just saw the game and phew...what a huge load of crap. I agree with falcao that Ze Roberto, Flavio Conceicao and Cesar Sampaio played horrible games. I think Sampaio was the worst of them and his time to leave has definitely come.

But Rivaldo...dribble, dribble, dribble and then nothing. He saved something with the goal, but hey, the guy's supposed to be the best player in the world. His performance last night should stop all talk about that. And Cafu, I've hated him but I've also respected him, but I don't know what to think now. You just don't get sent off in the first half of an important game, that's the rule.

Argentina will beat the hell out of Brazil if things don't change...:mad:

G
#18 ·
i guess what is neede is that we replace the midfield with alex,ricardinho and marcelinho in and sampaio,conceicao and ze roberto out.
djalminha out and ronaldinho in franca on the bench and romario in cafu is uspende a right back is neede and zago to partner edmilson anf roque junior on the bench.

i hope you all agree.

#20 ·
The Midfield

Ze de Fiel and falcao:

Do you allow questions from rookies? I am a long-time poster on the "milanmania" board with A.C. Milan, but just discovered "Xtratime" this day. Sorry for being out of touch with the force from Brasil, my favorite of all nationals. Having them here in the U.S. for WC '94 was a dream come true.

Now why I have been at A.C. Milan for past two years, and a stupid question the answer for which I should know already:

How the hell did my favorite world-class player and athlete and citizen end up not on Wanderley's club? He is rounding into top form for the red and black in Italy. This midfield you guys are complaining about needs his guts, his intelligence, his creativity, his team attitude. By now you know that I am speaking of Leonardo.

What the hell happened in the trials for this current team? All I know is that he had a good run vs. Holland and some others, then the next headline is that Luxemborgo has "rid himself of troublemakers . . . ." with Leonardo appearing on that list.

Ridiculous! You brasileiros know as well as anyone how he was inspirational in WC '94 and one of the best in WC '98. Then Wanderley disrespects him with this. If things continue downhill let's do Brasil a favor and demand that he be placed back into the national scheme for one final run at Seoul and Tokyo.

Sorry for my ingnorance and this stupid question, but what the hell happened? Does it take a new coach to get Leonardo back home?

obrigado, doug

#21 ·
Doug, welcome. post all the questions you want. (and don't be afraid to make a new topic!)

but to answer about leonardo. yes, he's one of my favorite players, also. but he has been with the brazil national team a long time, he has seen all the coaches come and go, and he has said he wants to spend more time with his family because he has been away from his country for so long.

what happened is that he did not like the way luxemburgo was trying to be BIG BOSS of the team. luxemburgo does not treat veterans like leonardo, taffarel, aldair the way they should be treated. so many of the older players said it would be easier for them not to play for luxemburgo. leonardo was one of those.

leonardo was playing in training for copa america. but he had many disagreements with luxemburgo, so he basically quit. it is not easy playing for luxemburgo because he is stubborn like a mule, so lots of the veteran players decided they did not need the headaches and they left.

#22 ·
Press blasts Brazil for Paraguay loss

RIO DE JANEIRO (July 19, 2000 11:37 a.m. EDT http://www.sportserver.com) - Brazil's 2-1 World Cup qualifying defeat against modest Paraguay on Tuesday brought a predictable avalanche of criticism from the media on Wednesday.

The Brazilians' first defeat in 21 years against Paraguay was described as a "disgrace" by the Jornal dos Sports while O Globo asked: "When is the team going to improve?"

O Dia, another Rio de Janeiro-based daily, called for the sacking of coach Wanderley Luxemburgo: "Get out, Wanderley!" it pleaded.

Tuesday's result left Brazil with two wins, two draws and one defeat from its five qualifying matches.

The media reaction reflected the feelings of the Brazilian public, which has become disillusioned with the team and its mundane, colorless style.

"The Brazil team maintained its routine of mediocrity," complained O Globo, giving Luxemburgo three out of 10 for his performance.

"The players give the impression that they don't know their role on the pitch, they seem nervous and insecure," it said.

Commentator Fernando Calazans complained that Luxemburgo had simply followed a recent trend in Brazilian football by filling his team with midfield destroyers rather than creators.

"Coaches are going to continue removing forwards from our teams and filling them with destroyers and markers," he said. "There is not a trace of the football that made Brazil champions in Luxemburgo's team."

Rivaldo, who scored Brazil's only goal, was also under fire. "What does he do in the team, apart from criticize the 1970 world champions?" Calazans asked.
-----------------------------------

Ze da Fiel, "Team of SHAME" is a perfect heading for this. I am almost finished with the national team. It stinks too much. It has flies on it. It's horse crap.

All you guys should watch the Under-23 team if you want to see how Brazilians are supposed to play. That team passes the ball, does nice dribbles, tries to make goals every time it has the ball, and scores tons of goals. Always a great show, always!

The Under-23 team in the last year has had some great results that the national team can only dream about, like 4-0 over germany, 8-2 saudi arabia, 9-0 colombia, 4-2 argentina, and all with great style and passion.

The main national team plays like a bunch of women who don't like each other.

I can't wait for the Olympics to come so we can see the Under-23 team put on a real show and win a major trophy!

#23 ·
falcao:

Many thanks. Yours is the first explanation that made logical sense to me. The news headlines from many months back, even in the face of Leonardo's stellar performance in tuneups such as Brasil vs. Holland, were that Luxemborgo was "getting rid of his troublemakers." I had known Leonardo only to be a team player first and that explanation of attack from Wanderley simply made me suspicious. I remember from the two world cups just past the quote of a famous ex-coach and player from brasil, the name for whom I can find if given some time: Roughly, he said "That for the maestro to be able to play someone needs to carry in the piano."

To me, first seeing him in WC'94 and then being rabidly in his corner in WC'98, Leonardo was the guy carrying in that piano. In the Chile match, WC '98 he was given "jugador del partido" by the knowledgeable folks from Univision. This, despite the fact that he did not score and, I think, did not directly figure in the scoring. They simply felt that his crossing and through passes, long a short, continuously kept Chile off balance and never gave the "ZaSa" boys a chance to get started.

I think Brasil needs to rethink and retool quickly. The wealth of talent in the country means the old boys can't hang on forever, but there needs to be some steadying hand on the field. Wanderley's tunnel vision where only he is correct will not work for the sambistas.

Thanks again. I have been looking for the real explanation for the last 15 months!

G
#24 ·
wooooooohooooooooo

at last .. justice was done
to the poor performance of Brazil in the past matches .. they got the wake up call from Para ..
lets just hope they wont make it to the World Cup :D :D

and u havn't seen nothin yet .. Argentina will kick some brazilian a$$ :D :D :D

#25 ·
trancer.
phuck off please.
Argentina and Czar.....that is what tradition is all about...i would be thincking the same thing if it was the other way round :) The game is on the pitch , and the brazlian players will know that they will have the WHOLE WORLD against them in the game...so they better be fired up , because the Sao Paulo supporters will give them a tough time from the first minute of the game.:(
Cesar Smapaio did have a good game....he was in the team to tackle and distribute the ball and that what he did.
Rivaldo simply detroys all the rtole f play.
we don't ahve a right hand side...with or without CAFU
The ref was hrsh on Cafu....cause the Paraguyans done almost the same thing and din't even get booked.
Flavio cnceicao was sacrificed because of cafu's sending off, and made the terrible mistake on the goal...and the problem of the team is simple: WE CANNOT CREAT NOTHING! That has been obvius in the last games....and when Rivaldo plays with Ze Roberto in the middle their is no creativity or good passes, none of them lke to poass the ball....the team is one sided......its Roberto Carlos- rivaldo, or Roberto carls to the defense...its been like that for the past games.
Falcao, please Tostao or PELE as managers? Pele is an IDIOT...all he says is garbage, he don't even know the name of the playes!:( he knows how to play (the best ever) but he knows very little about game plan and tactics. Have you heard him being a commnetator of game? is pathetic.
LEVIR CULPI for manager...but I bet it will be PARREIRA again....Ricarod teixeira loves him!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.