Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
simply put, neither inter nor roma deserve the title. both teams have had numerous opportunities to either seal it or bridge the gap and none of them have proven decisive.

after roma's fruitless efforts in wks 21, 29 and 31 to name a few where they essentially could've made up ATLEAST 5 points, and that's putting it mildly, they shot blanks. week 25 against inter was an absolute travesty where they played the role of santa claus giving up an additional 2 points because they couldn't close out inter (credit to inter on that one though i can't understand why they were content with that result in a match which they played at home and were dominated in a scontro diretto)

and inter again for week 25 and that pathetic display today against a team with nothing to play for allowing roma back in the hunt.

now granted, i guess inter should win by default because they had the lead for most of the season and were fortunate to have a team like roma in their rear view who never really looked like a team with a legitimate shot at ousting them. if they were, they never looked like it. when inter do clinch, they should thank 2 elements. 1) being the refs and that couldn't be exemplified more than today when gava clearly gift wrapped the title on a non-existant penalty but they couldn't seal it and 2) roma for virtually handing it to them on numerous occasions for effectively the same reason why #38 is now such a huge matchday, because they couldn't seal it.

why it's been a see-saw battle seemingly is for reasons that are inexplicable to myself other than none of them really want the title. or so they'll have us believe anyway by their actions or lack thereof.

that being said, as much as i want roma to win, they don't deserve it. why because the only reason why matchday 38 is so decisive for them is because inter, allowed them in or temporarily choked, whichever you prefer. because the title should've been wrapped up weeks ago if both teams were decisive enough. again, atail of 2 teams that don't want the titolo.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
I have said this during the season, and will still say this... teams must win, lose or draw... it would be nice to win every game, but this simply cant happen... in the end both Roma and Inter are still quite handsomly above any other team, which means at parts of the season both have done something right. Despite the Livorno draw, we have won at Udine and Sampdoria in recent weeks, just to show we have hardly choked. Indeed we were 8/11 pts behind at one point.

That said, if we choke at Catania, it will be unforgivable, particularly should Inter lose/draw.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
BTW just for some info... the season Juve got caught with calciopoli etc... Juve were 8 pts ahead with like 10 weeks ago, in that space of time Milan managed to get to level on points and then lose the league by 5 or 8 pts still :pp And this title race was between two great teams at the time just before the calciopoli. Just shows nerves is alot in football.

·
Registered
34,924 Posts
So... when a team cruises to the title like Inter did last year and seemed to do again just months ago - it isn't a real Scudetto.

....and when there's actually a close race it isn't a real Scudetto?

Vintage CDM stuff:wallbang:

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
:howler:

We have broke our record for points and have dropped points in extremely crazy circumstances....Or course since your tail of two teams is so short and has no information about the games i really wasted my time reading that little paragraph or two.

We have been the better side in the 2nd half of the season and were in the CL for a good while....we cant win all of our games and have lost points like i said either at the death or with a teams only shot at goal....Its annoying but its football...

To say Roma does not want the title is absurd and im positive enough to say the same thing about Inter....Of course we dont have chaos about our coach and stuff like that to distract us but they want the title just as badly as us...but again when it suits your argument you like to talk in black and white...but its easy to see through that.

·
Administrator
53,557 Posts
He is just saying in his own way its two teams he doesnt like, so neither deserve win in his view, which is ultimately spinned to they dont want to win it. Not much else to read into this.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Had Juve not cheated Roma out of the 2-2 in Olimpico, when Cicinho's throw was "ruled" illegal in the dying seconds before Iaquinta's equalizer, Roma would be in pole for the title.

Juventus, what a club.

·
Administrator
53,557 Posts
Had Juve not cheated Roma out of the 2-2 in Olimpico, when Cicinho's throw was "ruled" illegal in the dying seconds before Iaquinta's equalizer, Roma would be in pole for the title.

Juventus, what a club.
You realise even the Roma fans had said afterwards Roma were favoured more with ref mistakes in that game? (Totti's goal being offside and such).

·
Registered
I M Inter Milan I M
25,176 Posts
Maybe this thread should be renamed to "The Tale of CDM chasing his own Tail"...

Yes? No? Maybe? :undecide:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.