Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it me or did carlo lose his head...

brining on maldini for gatusso when we need a goal, or pirlo for ambro....

rui? gila?

crazy stuff....must say that had we lost this (and it was tight) carlo should of been sodomized by every ultra's boot in the stadium.

this was reminiscent of zach subbing, not a good sign.

·
Bobo
4,525 Posts
dude Maldini came on to push Seginho forward,what was wrong with that,

Pirlo off coz he was lame,Ambro on to firstly give some aireal strength as Diarra was killing us there and also some potency in their penalty area.

as far as i'm concerned they were spot on.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
I was really surprised to see that sub, and if you guys would't have gone through Ancelotti had gotten a lot of shit for it. But in the end, you went trough so you can't say that Lotti was wrong. :D

My bro and cousin (both Milanista's) wasn't very happy with that sub though. I actually feared for my life. :D

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dude

he knows the team better

but we need a goal....maldini is not the man to bring on, he should of come on for stam if anything....

i would of expected gila or costa....and ambro for pirlo was a good straight swap, but considering the circumstances we should of gone for a more offensive one

we got lucky and won but i must say carlo did not do us many favors with the subs IMHO

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
Lav said:
dude

he knows the team better

but we need a goal....maldini is not the man to bring on, he should of come on for stam if anything....

i would of expected gila or costa....and ambro for pirlo was a good straight swap, but considering the circumstances we should of gone for a more offensive one

we got lucky and won but i must say carlo did not do us many favors with the subs IMHO
The number of times Rui has entered as a sub and turned a match for us are... quite low lately, no?

Gila? Sure, bring in 3 strikers, and then have no midfield... I admit it looked strange, but allowing Serginho to completely leave any defensive obligations was a perfect move.

And it worked out... forza ancelotti.

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
Actually, all Anchelotti's subs prove that he is the best tactician that could read the game. Pirlo was invisible and most of his passes were not accurate. Kaka also was strugeling with diarra, and when Ambro entered Kaka found some space in the right side. Maldini's enterance was for 2 purposes: 1- to free up serginho from any definsive suties and use him as a winger, and to motivate the squad (We all owe it to Il Capitano). that was the message. When Seedorf moved in Pirlo's position, he created some space in Lyons last third of the field.

Had Anchelotti gone for Gila or/and Rui, nothing would have changed, IMO.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bernmilan1 said:
he stuck with team composure and believed in his players

he is a better coach than you and I are thats for sure

i never said anything about that, course he is a better coacsh, he has the job we dont, he will get many others, we wont get any

but

had we lost more of you would be agreeing with me, still i think it was some weird moves

maldini sure seemed more like a sentimental one to me, but it paid off.

i would say that we got lucky with the subs, but i do belive that not brining on gila was a mistake, though i cant say i would of taken sheva or pippo off......

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
I think realized that we were attacking for the last 20 minutes,irrespective of formation
so he chose composure and leadership and allowed our most lethal weapon at times, serginho, have a more attacking role

I did not see this, but credit where it is due

·
Bobo
4,525 Posts
actually the second goal came from a direct high ball challenge from Ambro that let Sheva have the room to shoot on goal which became our second,as i see it Ambro did his thing.

Serg was awesome on the left and pushing him more forward gave us another attacking option.

but some think otherwise.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no i agree the subs worked out perfectly

but had they not it would of been carlos fault...

maldini to me could of been considered by the squad as, "wow, he is putting on a defender, guess this is it and he was maldini to get a farewell in his perhaps last game" or
"shit, paolo came on, we cant lose now, not like this, not in his perhaps last ever game"

im glad it seemed like the latter, but i dont know if i would of made the same subs, or if i would want carlo to make the same subs if it was the 75 minute again....i think we sneeked a win out, when we had no business.....it really must be DNA

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
in any case

i lost my voice on the last 2 goals

FORZA MILAN!

and im out to play, hopefully i can poach half as decent as PIPPO!!!!!!!

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
Lav said:
maldini to me could of been considered by the squad as, "wow, he is putting on a defender, guess this is it and he was maldini to get a farewell in his perhaps last game" or
"shit, paolo came on, we cant lose now, not like this, not in his perhaps last ever game"
Dude! This is Inter players' reaction, not ours. Our players have played long enough together, and they sure understood Carlo!

·
Registered
159 Posts
maldini came on to free serginho of defensive duties, and u gotta admit serginho was not doing too well at that. although he was a significant attacking threat, his errors at the back were not needed and maldini was surely a more solid replacement

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
yohy said:
glass half empty
Exactly

I would say that he has actually learnt from his past experiences = Istanbul
Benitez subbed in Haman (leader, experience, shutting down Kaka) at halftime :eekani:

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Lav said:
Yeah, that's assuming they knew as little as us, the viewers. Luckily, there is more communication on the pitch than just our limited ability to watch and assume so he no doubt informed his players of the adjustments and intentions, probably already in half-time.

Lyon was outmuscling us in central midfield and so Carlo put the physically strong players Seedorf and Ambrosini there to match the frenchmen.
We were getting through on the flanks so Kaka strayed right while the Concorde was relieved of his defensive duties and was set free on the left.
He compensated our weaknesses and enhanced our strengths. :star: Carlo :star:

And yeah, if Milan lost then there'd no doubt be disappointment and whine about not seeing Gilardino on the pitch or something as well, as the professionals in the footbal business often say concerning media and fans- everyone is an expert. Especially me. :angel:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
For the record, a number of opinion makers I heard on tv believe that this win was achieved thanks to Ancelotti's changes :)

Anyway, I tired right now,
later :)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts