Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
muahahahahha

Funny how life is, Ancelotti, known by us ungrateful Juventini as the eternal loser has come some way from his Juve days. In contrast, Lippi was always the winning coach, lo spirito del Juve et al, he was the embodiment of our success in the 90s. His return marked an instant scudetto and many probably thought as long as we hang on to him we'll never stop winning.

The irony. Ancelotti has outwitted Lippi on the last 3 occasions, 2 of them decisive.

Well you never know..

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Lippi seems to have forgotten how to win against the big teams in Serie A this year... Our record against Milan and Roma this year just isn't good enough, no wins is bad.

Not that we're that convincing against the small teams either.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
hmm I thought the difference in class of the players was more the factor than any tactics or coaching going on. We have 3 primavera players on the bench!

Players have let down Lippi as much as he has let them down.

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
I don't know about you guys but I have this feeling that somehow the numerous sucesses of Lippi may have got to his head and as a result of that, he may have become a bit arrogant and presumptous. I mean, no one is doubting the genius tactical mind of Lippi, he's one of the absolute best coaches in the world of the past 10 years. However, lately, he has shown a surprising and unexpected arrogance.

What I mean is that Lippi whom knows his team, the qualities and weaknesses of his team better than anyone could have been humble and admit that his team was lacking in some areasand use wisely the winter mercato. And instead, he proclaimed that is team was set and doesn't need any improvement. While it's painfully obvious for anyone to see that this Juve has some flagrant weaknesses that should have been solved during the window in christmas.

Now, why didn't Lippi and Juve use that opportunity ? Was it due to the ego of Lippi and Juve not admitting that they did and do have problems? Was it due to Lippi being affraid of Moggi for pointing out that the team was not up to the rest? His arrogance was witnessed even tonight.

He knew very well that his team was not at 100% and he didn't have a few key members. And despite this, he still went with his usual and a bit pretentious attitude of dominating the play and taking the game to Milan. Against this Milan. And with the state and condition of this Juve, it's pure suicide. As we all saw it.

What Lippi should have done for this game is to be more humble and accept and admit the fact that Milan are a superior team and play with a different tactical approach. Against this Milan, the best approach is to use a provincial approach, that is everyone in defence with only one guy up front and counting on quick counter attacks. At least that is the feeling I got while watching this game. Do you guys agree with my feeling about the wrong approach by Lippi?

That's my two cents. As to the topic at hand about Ancelotti surpassing Lippi. I still believe Lippi to be a master tactician despite his less than brillant season, this year. It also appears that Lippi may be a bit tired of club football and he may be looking and IMO needs a new challenge. That challenge can only come from International football and the Italia job would suit him like a glove.

Ancelotti also seems to have matured a lot since his debuts. Now, he is more confident and reads the game a lot better than before. He is more confident and that confident has been transmetted to his players and it shows. There's a new found aura about him that he didn't have pre-Manchester and that night may have well been the turning point in his career as a coach.

FORZA CARLETTO!!!:star::proud: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Think about this, if Juve and Milan swapped the coaches and played this season, I still think Milan would be doing what they are doing as the players have done more. Tactics can work if the players execute them. Juve's players have not.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
San Siro said:
I don't know about you guys but I have this feeling that somehow the numerous sucesses of Lippi may have got to his head and as a result of that, he may have become a bit arrogant and presumptous. I mean, no one is doubting the genius tactical mind of Lippi, he's one of the absolute best coaches in the world of the past 10 years. However, lately, he has shown a surprising and unexpected arrogance.
True, but...

San Siro said:
What I mean is that Lippi whom knows his team, the qualities and weaknesses of his team better than anyone could have been humble and admit that his team was lacking in some areasand use wisely the winter mercato. And instead, he proclaimed that is team was set and doesn't need any improvement. While it's painfully obvious for anyone to see that this Juve has some flagrant weaknesses that should have been solved during the window in christmas.
... your argumentation is ALL wrong. Lippi had to say that because there were no funds to buy anyone, and that's none of his fault...

San Siro said:
Now, why didn't Lippi and Juve use that opportunity ? Was it due to the ego of Lippi and Juve not admitting that they did and do have problems? Was it due to Lippi being affraid of Moggi for pointing out that the team was not up to the rest? His arrogance was witnessed even tonight.
... so THAT has nothing to do with arrogance. Speaking of arrogance btw.....

San Siro said:
He knew very well that his team was not at 100% and he didn't have a few key members. And despite this, he still went with his usual and a bit pretentious attitude of dominating the play and taking the game to Milan. Against this Milan. And with the state and condition of this Juve, it's pure suicide. As we all saw it.
.. it seems like you didn't watch this match.. nor our other matches this season? We didn't try and dominate play. We retracted all the way back whenever you were in posession and tried to break qucikly. First half also.

San Siro said:
What Lippi should have done for this game is to be more humble and accept and admit the fact that Milan are a superior team and play with a different tactical approach. Against this Milan, the best approach is to use a provincial approach, that is everyone in defence with only one guy up front and counting on quick counter attacks. At least that is the feeling I got while watching this game. Do you guys agree with my feeling about the wrong approach by Lippi?
???? We had only Di Vaio on top and clocked a 5 man midfield. We did everything you say we SHOULD have done. Doesn't change that I agree Lippi is arrogant and have made numerous mistakes this season, but I most certainly disagreee with everything you wrote.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
polaris said:
Think about this, if Juve and Milan swapped the coaches and played this season, I still think Milan would be doing what they are doing as the players have done more. Tactics can work if the players execute them. Juve's players have not.
Or maybe you would have some players wanting to leave the club. Away from tactics,Ancelotti has been super in "public relations"

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Glen,
BY arrogance, I mean how many times have we seen Lippi saying that his team was in good shape and doesn't need any further reinforcement? Constantly. I understand that as a coach one should be careful abotu they say publically as this can affect the morale of the players. However, there's a fine line in doing so diplomatically like saying:"Our team is in good shape and everyone is doing a great job. However, should the need or the opportunity arise to make it evn stronger, we will not hesitate." Clean and efficient. :tongue:

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
this juve team hasnt got it. players are 1 or 2 seasons past it, others are suffering because of it. our depth hasnt been as good as it always has.

i blame lippi at times, especially in big games where has made errors, but at the same time, he hasnt got a lot to work with right now.

Lotti has built that milan team. there is no denying that. but at the same time, he went to milan at the right time and he definately has the players at his disposal at the moment. all in form and no one is past it.

and by the way, lippi has to say that his team is in good shape etc...which coach is going to diss his team and players? that wont help the situation at all. Remember, Moggi is the man who says yes or no when buying reinforcements.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
"Our players are not as good as Milan's, but we can still do some good things this year"
A Juve coach doesnt talk like that. I dunno what you are getting at Payman. Only a small clubs coach says things like that to take some pressure of the players.

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
polaris said:
I can't say for sure how much impact a coach really have butI think it is clear about some few things that Ancelotti really done well. 1st of all is the changing of Pirlos role that gave us this double playmaker thing. It is turning out better for every day and have redefined Gattuso to be more than a thug on our right side. the other thing is that our players have clear roles and take each others in defense if the other is far away. Like Kaka filled in for both Seedorf and Gattuso at times and one time Gattuso filled in for Seedorf while Kaka took his role. only teampart where we seen much change is in attack and it is there that we had most problems (not in scoring, but in cooperating).

For this to work we should thank Milan lab and the departure of Zaccheroni as we have much less injuries now.

·
Registered
10,087 Posts
Aah, Lippi, he´s becoming one of ours. ;)

A guy who attended the match told me - after the 3rd goal the milanisti were screaming: "Lippi, jump with us". :pp

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Laudrup said:
Aah, Lippi, he´s becoming one of ours. ;)

A guy who attended the match told me - after the 3rd goal the milanisti were screaming: "Lippi, jump with us". :pp
Maybe cause when he was a youngster he was a Milan supporter ;)

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Paolo Di Canio last night on TV Football talk show Controcampo: "Thank you Carlo for making a team play like this" Ancelotti's reply was "OK, now I'm leaving"

A great revenge for him, from the days Juve ultras fans wrote a striscione stating "Un maiale non può allenarci" (A pig cannot train us).

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
tarmpropp said:
Lippi seems to have forgotten how to win against the big teams in Serie A this year... .
sorry but is not Lippi who play...And Juve this year is a bit unlucky, most of the best players are injured so is not his fault if the players that Juve have are not in form...and he's obligated to use them because don't have others players

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Carlo has always been better then Lippi in my view...he did wonders at Parma...almost taking us to a Scudetto...Lippi would struggle if all the equipment isn't laid out for him to use.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Ancelotti seems to have terrific man-management skills, an essential but IMO often under-rated asset. He's also willing to learn and adapt. He may not always get things right, but I never have the impression that he's at a loss for ideas (unlike, say, Zaccheroni :rolleyes: ). For someone who's younger and less experienced than Lippi and Capello, he's doing all right. :)

Plus he seems to have a sense of humor about Berlusconi's attempted interference.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts