Xtratime Community banner

Which striker would you like to play for Valencia next season?

• Jardel

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Pauleta

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Dario Silva

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Raul Tamudo

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Juan Pablo Angel

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Dely Valdes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (state who)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Star Player
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Vote for the striker you would like Valencia to buy....:)
And if you feel that the above choices does not meet your requirements:tongue: then feel free to name some other player.
Just make sure you don't come up with players like Crespo or Cisse who will cost a mountain and whom the rather conservative Valencia management are unlikely to target. Be reasonable:) As always, this is MoMo's idea......;)

·
Registered
280 Posts
Well, I didn't vote for anyone yet simply because I think it's way too early and until July a lot of other names will probably pop out......

Utopia, don't believe everything labas says, for example when it comes to price we'll have to pay Jardel and Cisse are exactly in the same category...
I don't know the exact price but Sporting already payed a "mountain" last year (to Galatasaray) and I'm sure if they have to let their "everything" ( this year Sporting was called "one man team") just when they are entering their CL year that's not gonna be for nothing....and Cisse is still considered more as a talent than a star......Crespo is something different (another category when it comes to price) though......

Since I had chance to watch most of their goals (Jardel and Cisse) this year I would like to say couple of words abouth both of them and explain why I prefer the second one(although I would be more than happy with the 1st one too)...

Jardel is typical "in box striker", great finisher and probably the striker with the best aerial play right now in the world.....I'm not saying that he's useless out of the box.....no, he's got decent skills,pace and shot but the fact reamains that at least 80% (if they were not penalties) of his goals this year were (mostly headers) from close range........

On the other hand (well, these days I can hardly get impressed with a player but I must admit in this case I am) Cisse has got fenomenal pace (like he says he can run 100m under 11s) , a shot I haven't seen from Batistuta's glory days(did anyone see his first goal last Saturday),very good skills, decent aerial play and a sense for goal like every "natural" striker.......
it's true that he scored only 22 goals(comparing to Jardel's 42) but he had serious injury (I think it was a 2 months break).......

As I said before considering the way we play (especially in our away games) there is a little concerne that Jardel wouldn't have enough suply (we cross very rarely in our away games).....but than again I think that Gala played very similar to us last year and despite that he managed to score a lot.......

Recently I've seen a (weekly) CL show (a part was about Jardel) and he said that he was very happy there(by now he's a living legend in Portugal) and he's happy to be able to play in CL again (they won their league)...
so,it's not certain that he'll leave them anyway....the only reason to move would probably be desire to finally prove himself in one of the best leagues in the world (so Scolari would finally remember that he exists)...

D.Silva.......nah
Pauleta........

and Momo, could you finally honour us with your opinion or we have to wait for some extra ocasion to see your highness's butt?

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Plotinus said:
and Momo, could you finally honour us with your opinion or we have to wait for some extra ocasion to see your highness's butt?
:howler: :howler:

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Plotinus said:

:D:howler::dielaugh:

well...I guess Momo will agree with me on this young striker...Cavenaghi..the young Argentine striker....only 18 years ..and shows the best that can comeout from a striker....

Maradona said : Cavenaghi is better than Batigol and Crespo combined

Cavenaghi :star:

·
Registered
518 Posts
with our current playing style, a skillful and pacy striker would suit us more. I doesn't have anyone in mind now who is a bargain buy. wht the heck, just play Kily in striker role.

:D :D :D

That's joke of the day

·
Registered
518 Posts
OneManGang said:
the 3 i just mentioned fit your description of 'skillful and pacy' tears4fears.
you have to understand why I doesn't have anyone in mind( bargain buys) cos, I doesn't have the opportunity to watch any of them play more than twice. My country here focused on EPL which blind every singaporean that only EPL exisit in this world.
Pargon my ignorance

·
Banned
110 Posts
its ok...the premier league is quite popular, but la liga is far better in all ways, and is gaining more attention everywhere. in south america la liga is the most popular, in certain parts of europe and africa, australia and some parts of asia la liga is much more popular then the premier league. just in the subcontinent like china, hong-kong, singapore, etc. etc. etc. you find only english fans (all whom are gloryhunters who know nothing about football).

just to strengthen my argument...

dario silva's recent goal record:

00,01: 13 goals
01,02: 11 goals

his assist tally is even higher, i will post the statistics for it later...

dely valdes's recent goal record:

00,01: 17 goals (impressive)
01,02: 9 goals

these 2 have proven to be malaga's best players and one of the best attacking duos in la liga and contributed greatly in keeping malaga as a solid top 10 side.

my point is that these 2 have the potential to be a world class strike force if valencia purchase them.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I have heard rumours stating that Kily is gonna leave for 14m to inter or A.Madrid. The spain is well spread in spain and I really hope this will not turn out to be true. Pls stay Kily.

& Adriano is gonna leave inter, he has been impressive at fiorentina, and is gonna be a candidate if possible. Gifted with strength and techqinue, he's a star in the future.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
What about Juan Pablo Angel... excellent player and available for £12million... I mean it's not his fault that his manager is an idiot who think that bloody Peter Crouch is better than this genius of a man:)

and please don't get Dari Silva... I mean the best thing about him is his hair... I rest my case...
No seriously the guy is just asking to be another bench striker for you guys and my god you don't need anymore of them!

On the killy thing it makes a difference that he's not being linked to Lazio...but lets face it everyone gets linked with Lazio at some point in their career...

·
Star Player
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like the choices that some of you have suggested.....Juan Pablo Angel, Raul Tamudo and Cavenaghi:) I am not too sure about Dely Valdes though:rolleyes: Just my personal opinion:angel:

·
Banned
110 Posts
kily gonzalez's future might be in doubt...him and vicente play the same position (left wing right?) and rafa might have a lot of mind games to play over who gets first choice. this season vicente has been better though...so kily might leave, u never know.

adriano would be a great signing.

dely valdes and dario silva are a perfect combination for any attack. both have pace, skill and technique and good finishing. the goals they have put together shows how an impressive unit they can be together...and that to doing in an average team.

valdes has scored over 15 before too...for oviedo in 98/99 he scored 19 goals...and 2 seasons ago he scored 17.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Dely Valdes is the best.....

·
Registered
280 Posts
quoted from teamtalk

Che make Tamudo contact

Spanish champions Valencia are reported to have contacted the agent of Espanyol hitman Raúl Tamudo with a view to signing the player.
The Che won their fifth title crown last week at Malaga and finish as champions with an unusually low goal count - just 49 goals scored, 20 less than their closest rivals Real Madrid.
With the prospect of Champions League football next season, the club's technical team are keen to see the goals flowing in more readily and one of the names listed as a possible summer reinforcement is Tamudo. The 24-year-old striker has enjoyed a superb season, bagging 16 goals for the Periquitos and has attracted attention from a number of clubs including a recent bid from Aston Villa.
Valencia are rumoured to have put themselves in touch with Tomás Durán, Tamudo's agent and the promise of Champions League football next season may be too too tempting to turn down.
Espanyol president Daniel Sanchez Llibre is keen to hang on to the club's star player, claiming that he is not for sale, although the Catalans are known as a selling club and could let the player go on payment of his buy-out fee of £11million.
However, Espanyol are believed to still owe Valencia a small figure for the transfer of Oscar Garcia two seasons ago, a factor that could work in their favour.
Valencia were unable to confirm or deny a possible bid for Tamudo and a club official told TEAMtalk: "Officially, there is nothing regarding Tamudo. The club is looking for a 'number nine' and a right-back for next season, there are a number of players that have interested us but we can't disclose who they are at present."
However, the club did hint that it was unlikely that Porto striker Mario Jardel would arrive at the Mestalla next season - the Brazilian has netted 42 goals in the Portuguese league this term.
It seems like Benitez is keen of him......

I hope that the last part about Jardel doesn't turn out to be true, though......

·
Banned
110 Posts
interesting article plotinus. but sadly for you, i think the part about jardel will be true. he is having a great season with sporting, and has really won the hearts of the fans by bringing in a title in his first season...also, he seems happy in portugal and looks unlikely to leave.

tamudo to valencia...interesting.

However, Espanyol are believed to still owe Valencia a small figure for the transfer of Oscar Garcia two seasons ago, a factor that could work in their favour.

maybe the valencia chairman will excuse the debt and with the selling of tamudo to the team, both the teams will be more then satisfied. but there has only been contact, and the linking between the clubs is still very premature...you will have to wait before hoping. my opinion is that this deal WILL happen, very good chance.

G

·
Raul Tamudo had a top season...with 17 goals.
I'd want him in Valencia...it'd be good to have an all spanish forward line too with the coach wanting Angulo to partner him.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
dario silva is a great player. you should go for him.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Why not go for villareal's martin palermo. He is unhappy with the president and wants to leave the club. I think he'd be a good acquisition for valencia.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts