Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seen a game of the brazilian squad since the wc. can anybody tell me what their usual lineup is?

------------------
Always trying to be modest. And damn proud of it!

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Its different in almost every game I think,but I'll make a try...we consider they are at full strangth I think Brazil would go with:

Dida
Cafu
Roque Junior
Zago (Aldair?)
Roberto Carlos
Emerson
Rivaldo
Ze Roberto
Alex
Amoroso
Ronaldo

Ze,any close????

I dont think so...

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Almost Amoroso,
Alex is sub!
Luxemburgo in the copa america wanted Leonardo to the function Ze Roberto does, which is to assist Rivaldo, do the battling in midfield and help Roberto Carlos do a two men on the opposing right back...with that the other team would have to put a player to mark Ze Roberto making rivaldo more space. Leonardo got annoyed with the arrogance of Luxemburgo and his methods and asked to leave the boat.Ze Roberto got the place.
Today the team would be:
Dida
Cafu Roque Jr. Antonio Carlos R. Carlos

VAMPETA Emerson

Ze Roberto
Rivaldo

Amoroso Ronaldo

Obs: Roque Jr will stay in the bench for the next games I think until he gets more experiece...Aldair will continue to play , don't know for how long!
Also Ze Roberto is very likely to lose his place to Ricardinho (Corinthians) or Juninho (Vasco).
In the attack Amoroso is back from injury, but I don't know if he will keep his place in the team it all depends of how he plays agasint Eqaudor in 2 weeks. Ronaldinho Gaucho and Edilson are close to snapping his place. And as Ronaldo is out, Elber will be in, again do not know for how long as he has not played well, I think he wil call Romario and Edmundo for other games. BUt Edmundo ahs just injured himself and is out fro 30 days.

So basically their are only 4 vacant spots: One defender to parter Antonio Carlos, one offesive midfielder to play alongside Rivaldo, and teh two places in the attack, as Ronaldinho is injured again. Romario, Edilson , Edmundo, Amoroso, Elber, Ronaldinho Gaucho, anf Franca (sao paulo) as a com;lete outsider fight for those two spots!

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL
Pelo Corinthians, com muito amor...ate o fim.
LHP - THE WORLD IS OURS!!!

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Jardel was horrible agaisnt colombia in the biggest chance of his brasilian carrer, so he lost his place in the SQUAD...and Anderson he's got no chance even to get into the squad!

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL

·
International
5,629 Posts
Hey Ze come now, the Brazilian select team as a whole was horrible against Colombia, why pick on Jardel? Besides I saw Elber play two weeks ago in Porto and he really was not better than Jardel? But that was just one game....

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Red eagle,
that game was atipical. Too many injuries, altitude the team did not train, and a some players had not started a game for brazil before including Jardel.
Why pick on him? Don't think his style is suited for Brazil, we have to play him as a target man etc.. and that would sacrifice the whole team, plus we got much better players!

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL

·
International
5,629 Posts
Yeah, I agree with that on Jardel, for a brazillian his game is very, dare I say Nordic European?! Which in a way conflicts with your razzle dazzle way of playing. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts