Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Presidente Lotito ci sono novità con il comune di Roma?

Il sindaco Alemanno ha dato la sua disponibilità sia per la Lazio che per la Roma. È favorevole all'idea di costruire stadi di proprietà dei club senza aggravi di costo per l'amministrazione.

Ha già parlato con Alemanno?

Sto facendo alcune verifiche tecniche. La Lazio ha visto la disponibilità di un'area in cui possa nascere lo stadio. Io parlo di un impianto che possa diventare un bene anche per la collettività. Uno stadio in grado di sostenere la società, svincolandola dalla dipendenza dai diritti televisivi e garantendo cento milioni di euro di ricavi.

Prima e dopo Valmontone, si era parlato di alcuni terreni a Fiumicino, Guidonia senza dimenticare la Tiberina...

Abbiamo visto alcune aree. Certamente, per motivi di sicurezza, non potrà sorgere al centro della città. Sicuramente verrà costruito nel Comune di Roma. La Lazio è un patrimonio di Roma, è nata 108 anni fa e noi dobbiamo salvaguardarne la tradizione. È giusto che un nuovo stadio venga realizzato a tutela della storia. E poi bisogna rispettare la volontà dei tifosi".

------------

This interview pretty much tells everything there is currently to know about the project for a new stadium, especially the parts in bold. So basically, Alemanno, the mayor of Rome, has given green light to Lazio and rioma building their own stadiums. Lazio has an area planned for the stadium, and it will for certain be in Rome and not the surrounding areas mentioned earlier, like Valmontone. The last sentence in bold doesn't have any concrete meaning, but for the first time Lotito mentions the will of our fans as a reason to build the stadium in Rome. Or indeed as a reason for any decision with Lazio, I think.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
So both Lazio and Roma may build their own stadiums? Or will Roma keep the Olimpico? I think its about time some new stadiums were being built or indeed others were refurbished.

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So both Lazio and Roma may build their own stadiums? Or will Roma keep the Olimpico? I think its about time some new stadiums were being built or indeed others were refurbished.
I expect them to pursue their own stadium, as well...but to find to locations somewhat conveniently within the city could prove to be difficult.

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
However, I think Lazio has to have a priority in terms of picking a new location for its own stadium.
Lotito has been asking for a location since he took over while rioma are yet to come up with a concrete plan.

Olimpico is just to huge for a team like Lazio.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Il sindaco Alemanno favorevole all'idea di costruire stadi di proprietà dei club senza aggravi di costo per l'amministrazione.
That means that basicly the municipality will give the ground and then Lazio will have to buy the new stadium at their expenses. That's fair. But that would also mean that Lotito will have to find sponsors to pay the building of the stadium. Well, if we haven't got a shirt sponsor, I find it pretty hard to find sponsors willing to splash out bigger sums for the stadium. Unless Puma...

Uno stadio in grado di sostenere la società, svincolandola dalla dipendenza dai diritti televisivi e garantendo cento milioni di euro di ricavi.
It would be great, although I don't know what "ricavi" means here, if just the amount of money entering into Lazio money box or the netto amount of money (revenues - expenses = 100 million euro).

Prima e dopo Valmontone, si era parlato di alcuni terreni a Fiumicino, Guidonia senza dimenticare la Tiberina...
Of course not the Tiberina island :) Via Tiberina is in the northern Rome, close to motorway, but no metro or railway station there, as far as I know. Lotito owns grounds there, by the way. But at least the Valmontone/Fiumicino/Guidonia danger is avoided.

·
Registered
11,657 Posts
It will be good for Lazio to build a stadium in the 30/40k seats region, this season you have 24k season ticket holders and you will be able to fill it out in the bigger games, but will always have the appearance of being a packed out stadium - Its vital that they keep the seats close to the stadium and remove those `safety` fances, in all the games you see in Italy it seems as if no one is there as the 1st 15 rows right around the stadium everyone refuses to sit there because the fences really ruin the vision of the game.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Thought Lotito is spending the whole day watching Youtube videos and appearing on several Italian TV's? Wrong. our beloved president has even the time of talking to the Roman newspaper "Il Tempo".

http://iltempo.ilsole24ore.com/2008...uiro_nuovo_stadio_riunire_tutti_laziali.shtml

The most interesting bit regards the project of the new stadium.

"I have an extraordinary project, and have found a couple of solutions. I am just waiting for the Mayor's call to talk about his project. I am ready to build a 500 million euro stadium without any expense for the citizens. I have already the sponsors that will help me in making a multifunctional place where the whole family will be able to live a day of sport. After they give me the green light, it will take 2 and 1/2 years".
Claudio Lotito dixit. And we Lazio fans could only cross our fingers and wonder how the hell has he managed to find sponsors able to splash out 500 million euro if Lazio shirts are as completely virgin as Puma made them?

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
500 mil Euros is a lot of money even for Premiereship clubs who have huge profits let alone for a club like Lazio.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
It will probably be a stadium with a build in shopping mall and hotels.
True. That's what Lotito meant when he talked about "multifunctional place". Also, as Lotito said, the new stadium should bring in 100 million euro a season, which means lot of fringe activities around the stadium.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
On the same newspaper, today there was another article about the stadium project
http://iltempo.ilsole24ore.com/spor...i_pieretti_iltempo_cinquantacinque_mila.shtml
which gives some hints about how the project is:
55000 seats, mobile roof supplied by solar power, swimming pool, two indoor futsal grounds, volleyball, handball, tennis, hockey and a fitness centre. Also a museum of Lazio as well as shopping, cultural and entertainment activities and a restaurant.

Picture of the project

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Aye, nice. IF it will be really built, that would be great. But as other teams have in their badge "nihil satis nisi optimum" or "audere est facere", or the sillogic "victoria concordia crescit", the Eagle in our badge should carry something in the line of "it's not true until I really see it"... And of course our patron saint should be Thomas. Like Rocchi, of course :)

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
39,181 Posts
Wouldn't Saint Jude be more appropriate for us? ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts