Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... will the dream become reality one day?

There has lately been a lot of projects, plans... Krakow, Poznan, Warszawa... Well, I won't believe unless I see one of these ideas actually coming true.

To be honest, I have always opposed the idea of Slaski restoration. I know it's our football history, but to me this is not a good excuse for spending huge money on stadium that will always be an antique simply because of its construction. Look at English and what they did to Wembley. Slaski should be pulled down a few years ago. I have nothing against the idea of building a new national stadium in Chorzow, but let's make it more modern and functional than this scrap heap.

Of course, my heart wants Warsaw to be the location of a national stadium. This is a centre of our country and it's easy to get there from any part of Poland. A brand new airport will be built near Warsaw in a few years' time. There are fans who can support their team and not only make these annoying trumpet sounds ;) However, Warsaw authorities are so incapable and slow that I'm beginning to worry if I will live long enough to see a new stadium in Warsaw. A very important decision was to be made last Thursday on a session of Warsaw Council and guess what - they didn't even find time to discuss the issue. If the president of Warsaw, Kaczynski, proves me I'm wrong and the construction will start soon, I'll consider voting for him in a presidental election, which I normally would never ever do :D

But still I'm sceptic, and most of football fans in Warsaw are. Experience taught us this. Too many broken promises there were...

That's why I'm afraid Karkow will be faster. But if they can build a decent stadium in that city - good for them. this would cheer me almost ;) as much as a stadium in Warsaw.

And let's not forget thta if they can succesfully finish the modernisation of Lech stadium in Poznan, it's going to be a far better choice to play there than in Chorzow. Kicker, do you have any up-to-date info?...

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
To finish the first stage of modernization we need 4 mln zl still (16 mln zl have been spent so far). The money should be secured in city budget for this year but lately a group of weak-minded councillors has suggested to allocate them elsewhere (city chalets and this kind of things :rolleyes: ). In spite of this I'm pretty sure they will be outvoted. In result, it's very probable we will be ready to host Poland and England in September. I'd opt for Poznan (and no Chorzow) for two reasons at least:
1) better acoustics (better atmosphere thereby) - in Chorzow you hear mainly those noisy cornets
2) neighborhood of Poznan to Wronki, a regular base of national team

On Saturday, at a press conference in Poznan, minister Krystyna Lybacka declared (promised in fact) a state donation of 8 mln zl this year and further 12 mln in 2005. It'll be enough to build a roof over the stadium. There is an obstacle though - closer unknown Mr Nowak claims that a part of the stadium is built on his grounds... :rolleyes:

One way or the other Poznan is the only place where something happens. I believe it's at Bulgarska street where Janas' team should play their international games. Although I realize it would be a temporary solution, untill a national stadium is built in Warsaw.

·
Registered
805 Posts
kicker said:
There is an obstacle though - closer unknown Mr Nowak claims that a part of the stadium is built on his grounds... :rolleyes:
rotfl

typical :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts