Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Thought Criminal
14,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Whats going on with him?

like someone said, i dont think he has done anything of meaning since the Macedonia game. He has done everything he can in the Ukrainian league. I think he has gotten used to being able to complain and dive and just be a bad all-round sportsman in the Uke league. It is coming out quite obviously. Sounds & looks to me like he lacks motivation and needs a massive kick in the ass and change of scenery

He has gone from one of my favourite players to one i cant stand anymore

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
When he played the RB position he was good.
The diving around and the talking back to the ref is a little worriesome especially for the captain.

PLayers who are older are usually more prone to this type of thing than young players, just like in life the older you are the grumpier you become.

What worries me the most is his cross? Where is it lately?? He had a couple of chances to get a cross off and was blocked both times! It used to be his biggest weapon but since he is playing in the RB for his club, he has lost that ability.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Didn't see todays game against Belgium so I don't want to comment on that, but regarding Srna, He has never been my favorite player(that belongs to Petric and Budan :proud:). But his game is built on hussle and crossing the ball into the middle. When thats not there his game goes down hill fast. And some of that has been missing lately.

Another thing is that he has now taken over from Niko and Robert in the complaining, whinging departments and rolling on the ground.:rolleyes:. Has been become the worst player we have for that nowadays.

But what do you do with him now?Once you make him the captain, its not that easy to take that back, especially since it was just given to him. Not sure what the solution here is, or if their is even a right play here.

·
Thought Criminal
14,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
a move to the EPL would do wonders for him.

the media would be all over him and get rid of this shit out of his game.

something like Ronaldo when he came to Man u

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
hand over the captains arm band and get lost. you had way than enough chances to prove you are worthy to be a captain in sveti dres.

today was yet another parody and embarrassment. seljak bio seljak ostao!

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Antonija Pavlić

Darijo Srna: Kapetan definitivno mora i može bolje od prikazanog u susretu s Belgijcima. Nije imao prodora prema naprijed i izostali su njegovi karakteristični centaršutevi, dok je previše razgovarao i raspravljao sa sucima. Ono čega se što prije mora riješiti je prestanak igranja pod prekršajem, što sve češće prakticira. Suci u tim situacijama često ne zaustave igru, što može dovesti i do neugodnih konotacija. Takvo bi nas njegovo neodgovorno ponašanje jednom moglo skupo koštati. Na terenu stadiona u Bruxellesu bio je vjerojatno najslabiji.
http://www.sportnet.hr/vijesti/392888/nogomet-reprezentacija/kako-su-igrali-kranjcar-popravio-dojam

·
Registered
14,050 Posts
I'm not making excuses for Srna as I'm sick to death of his diving and general behaviour on the pitch but the Ukrainian league has been on break since before Christmas...I know they've played some European matches but maybe he's lacking some match fitness...?

·
Registered
69,252 Posts
I'm gonna go Iron Sheik here:

Srna is a punk, a bitch, a ***, a ***** all in one. He is one of the main reasons why I don't have to same love for the team as I did in the late 90s and early 2000s even when the results weren't good

It seems ever since the Macedonia game, where Stimac publically attacked Bilic, he is afraid to bench him, because he turned that game around. I don't think his club form isn't that great either anymore.

·
This is NOT Akhisar!
14,463 Posts
Don't be hatin' on Srna, Slavic braca :( :confused:

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
He has the opportunity to be an immense player, as he has for us in the past, but now ... I don't ****ing know. Crosses bad, slow up field, complains, falls over. Bah... used to be one of my favorite players

He should leave freaking Ukraine already, head to Serie A or even a mid-table Liga team. Hell, go to ****ing Germany... just get the hell out of Ukraine.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Demote his status from one who's spot is guaranteed game in game out and I think we might see a different, better Srna. Seriously, Srna should not have a guaranteed starting spot in this NT, although I wouldn't guarantee spots in my lineups.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've read that Chelsea would like him to play at Stamford Bridge... Maybe it will give him a new motivation to play as he used to...:hopeful:

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Srna's a p*ssy and to give him the captains arm band makes the entire team look bad.
Well said.....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
I've always liked Srna and think that without him we wouldn't have qualified for WC06. I agree with everyone that he is lacking motivation and that he overdoes the diving but he is passionate about the NT and has scored some huge goals for us and think that he deserves some respect for that. On the other hand, I would let him watch a few NT games from the bench to get that fire back into his game.

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
Giving Srna the captains arm-band was another mistake by Bilic. If we here on an internet forum and through t.v. screens can see he is the wrong choice I wonder what the the hell Bilic and company see in him? Love him, hate him or have no opinion of him you still knew Niko Kovac was captain material.

·
Registered
14,050 Posts
The logic behind it is pretty simple: he's captain at Shakhtar and he's been in the NT a long time with 4-5 years (at least) ahead of him. Also, there's no doubt he's popular among his teammates.

Should a player with his personality and on-pitch behaviour be captain? No.

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
He has more fight in him than most players on our team.

He is captain in Shitcar

He is respected by most team mates.

--------------------
He is not what he used to be.

He talks back and dives too much.

He is not a RM and should play the RB position.

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
Thank you for this whole thread.

Like IVO said in the past.

You want your captain to act like a man and not cry like a spoilt girl.

He's embarrassing and I can't believe how some guys were defending him for so long.

Cheersch

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Ljubuski wrote
You want your captain to act like a man and not cry like a spoilt girl.
C'mon man... that's just male chauvinistic nonsense.

This is what I said in another thread...

At this level... captains/leaders are not chosen based on their ability to motivate players or rally up the troops.

Motivation, or lack of it, comes from the players own internal drive. The motivation one gets from a "raw raw" speach lasts about as long as the speach itself.

A captain/leader needs to act as an extension of the coach's message on and off the field.

A captain/leader needs to set the example about work ethic, discipline and accountability.

A captain/leader needs to play a major role in establishing a winning culture.

It's not about Srna's motivational abilities or tactics... it's about Srna's effort, dedication and ability to instill the above competency's that are essential from any captain/leader.
So judge Srna by the above criteria... and not because he cried after a devastating loss.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts