Xtratime Community banner

81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
The rumours have been pretty acurate so far, so would be good to see Yedlin come in now.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Looking at the squad list on the first post. The obvious ones to move have to be Sammon, then at least one, maybe two of Keogh, Buxton and Shotton, also Warnock.

If we play with 2 holding mids like I would like to see, Bryson could be worth keep as another option in that role.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Well, not sure Buxton would be top of my list to keep. Shotton is more versatile and younger. I guess we give Cyrus Christie another chance this year, as he showed promise in the first half of last season. Perhaps a bit of time in the u21s for a bit.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Buxton rumoured to be going to Birmingham for £1 million. A lot of fans would be sad to see him go, but it is probably right for both.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Buxton is a simple defender and considering where he came from Did a good job for Derby County. But we are looking for a better class of footballer at this club now.

Would do a good job for Birmingham.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Would be a good bit of business that. Amazing how a player who cam after a season at Burton in the conference, turned into such a fan favourite. To sell him on for a million would be good work.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Well, I never did quite get the Jake Buxton love affair.

In contrast I really like Omar Mascarell, who seemed almost hated by sections of the support. Reading on the main derby message board today, that there's a rumour we have an option to sign Mascarell. Was an interesting read.

They guy is like marmite for Derby fans. Those of us who could see his ability and saw a guy adjusting to a new country and style of football admirably well. And potentially a great player in the making. And then the imbeciles who wanted someone who could head it, kick it and tackle harder.

Was massively overlooked that we completely fell apart once Mascarell got injured.?

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
£;£::4408(t77;)56;6;6;6;),.£. Dasher tag oooph

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
I reckon Mascarell will get a move to a lesser Spanish club. In the right system he'd do well. Think if we'd got promoted we'd have tried to sign him, would definately suit the premier league better than the championship.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #93

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
I reckon Mascarell will get a move to a lesser Spanish club. In the right system he'd do well. Think if we'd got promoted we'd have tried to sign him, would definately suit the premier league better than the championship.
I don't expect to see him back to be honest.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
I'm thinking along these lines at the moment

Carson

Yedlin/Baird - Albentosa - Shackell - Forsyth

Thorne - Hughes

Russell - Ince - Wiemann

Martin

Subs: Grant, Keogh/Baird Pearce, Bryson, Hendrick, Dawkins, Bent

Don't think this will be to far away. Expect us to play 4321 in away games. Obviously no Albentosa. It will be Keogh or Pearce, I actually think Keogh. Baird I think will play alongside Thorne.

Which levels right back as position most unsure about. Think Hughes will play in the attacking 3 and Russell May miss out, but his pre season form might get him in.

Only doubt is Martins fitness, not sure he's fully there yet, so Bent might start.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Interesting one from the official football league website. They asked fans to vote for the player they'd most like from another championship club.

The top 5 were...

Jordan Rhodes
Charlie Austin
Adam Lefondre
Will Hughes
Tom Ince

2 out of the 5 are Rams :proud:

Still say Thorne and Martin are our most important players though.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Edited the squad list, think it is now up to date.

81 - 99 of 99 Posts