Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most other forums have transfers and rumours thread so we may as well have one too.
Plus it is good to hear what players are being linked to who.

Tore Andre Flo is supposed to be joining either Fulham or Tottenham and he is also to have said he would only leave for a team in the capital.

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Your being very very unfair Shed Boy, poor Billy Dodds :D

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
05/21/2002. The New York Times is linking American virtuoso Clint Mathis with Bayern Munich, Bayer Leverkusen, Glasgow Rangers and Real Madrid. The paper reports that Major League Soccer's (MLS) commissioner and deputy commissioner had discussions with representatives at the Champions League finale last week in Scotland.

The 25-year old USA international and NY/NJ MetroStar is contracted through the 2003 season, but obviously the financially strapped league has to listen any offers that may bring a pretty penny. Just yesterday Italian paper Gazzette dello Sport had Mathis in talks with Serie A side Perugia.

"The president of Pepsi recently pulled me aside and told me to do whatever it takes to keep Clint. I said I would be glad to let Pepsi put up the money," said commissioner Don Garber.

While the nascent league has kept a brave face about maintaining its young stars, Mathis' transfer value could cover the pay rolls of a third of the league's teams.
Just yesterday Italian paper Gazetto dello Sport linked Mathis with Serie A side Perugia.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are afew good young american players and Clinton Mathis is one of them. I would certainly welcome him anyway as Rangers need to spread there name all around the world and the U.S is a good place to begin.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Dundee United target Scott Booth can leave Dutch club Twente Enschede for a small fee, sparking SPL interest in his undoubted talents.
Booth was set for a summer exit from the Eredivisie cracks anyway for a fee in the region of £300,000, but his employers have recently been hammered with a bill for in excess of £26million in unpaid taxes and have been forced to drop their valuation.
He can now leave Twente for a fee in the region of £50,000 making him affordable to many Scottish clubs - even in these financially uncertain times.
Hearts are also believed to be monitoring the Scotland international's situation, although Craig Levein has already replaced departed Jamaican striker Ricardo Fuller with 26-year-old Dutch forward Mark de Vries from Second Division side Dordrecht, but he would like to add another striker to his squad if one comes along at the right price.
However, United are also in the hunt for Booth's former Aberdeen team-mate Eoin Jess who is surplus to requirements at cash-strapped Bradford, and the chance of a link-up with an old team-mate may swing Booth into a Tannadice transfer.

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Rangers have been linked with Estudiantes defender Pablo Quatrocchi.
According to Italian reports, the 28 year-old is due to fly to Scotland to begin negotiations with the Glasgow giants.

Quatrocchi has been with Estudiantes for almost his entire career and can play as a central defender and at left-back.

I've said it before and I'll say again, this along with Japan & the rest of Asia is where Rangers & Celtic should be doing their shopping. Even if they can't get WP, do what Manure are doing, buying in 17 y/o & sending them to Belgium to acheive citezenship.

These players will accept low wages due to their financial positions in their own country. Quatrocchi is a regular for my fave Arg team Estudiantes LP, they are a mid-table to lower half outfit but have a great player called Erneto Farias, who incedentally would do well & Rangers or dare I say it Celtic :rolleyes:

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Scott Booth would be a good signing for most of the SPL clubs, I would not mind him at Livingston anyway.

We should definately start looking into the Argentinian and U.S.A leagues as both suffer from lack of money and there could be some good young talents aswell.

·
Registered
897 Posts
less exotic but the rangers-list has had a few people on it saying Charlie Miller might be coming back to Ibrox....dont know how reliable it is, or not though

Also mentioned in the Spanish press is Ursaiz from Athletic Bilbao. He recently didn't sign a contract extension and is available on a Bosman (£30'000 a week wages). Could add alot of physical presence to the forward line.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
yeh i've heard of the pie-man rumours

if he was to get fit, and lose the weight and really knuckle down then it could be a good squad signing - he alot of natural talent

But the thing is i doubt very much he is capable of changing his lifestyle nowadays

Although its probably best for Miller, and Scottish football in general if he was to remain at United

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
My best m8's cousin is married to Miller's sister, he's still a curry king & beer belly :(

Would have been a really good player if he'd wanted to.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Is it true that rangers are after Gary Breen of coventry and Ireland on a free transfer.?.

If that happened Breen would never be able to come back to Ireland without gettin killed......does any1 have any further information on the situation.?.

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Not sure about Breen & I understand where your coming from. There's been a big rumour about Robbie Keane on a Rangers site I visit regulalrly & many of the regular posters admit they'd love him & Ibrox.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A lot of people on both sides would boak at the thought of Robbie Keane playing for Rangers but I would actually welcome if he did. He is a good player and would do well Scotland.

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Most of the hard-core & generally sectarian fans I've spoken to about Keane would welcome it mate. They appreciate his ability but I get the feeling it would be more to get Celtic's back up?

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Ian Harte (Leeds United) to join Celtic after the world cup.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
im gutted now celtic never got keane before he went to coventry from wolves, hes a great player, and id still take him in a minute. get rid of the fat baldy ginger welshman!

harte im looking forward to! theres been a lot of talk about that one, but as a whole , im very disappointed with celtic, i got my renewal form in for a whopping sum of money and theres been heehaw speculation. me is not to happee :mad:

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have read on varius websites that Danny Murphy could be a target for Rangers as he is a big 'Gers fan. Also Fernando Ricksen is supposed to be on PSV's list for transfers this summer. From the same source Konterman is wanted back at Feyenoord.

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Eck this wouldn't happen to be the same source who claims R.de Boer is going back to Barca :D

Danny Murphy would be a good signing.

Ian Harte :D He CANNOT defend. Great FK though :(

Although surely he wouldn't fit into Celtic's 3 at the back bully boy style? ;)

1 - 20 of 174 Posts