Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, we only have one Spaniard playing for us, one...two, yeh only one. His name is Francisco Farinos. This guy came to Inter as one of the most promising players in the world, and he has dropped from that title, ALOT !!23, pretty good height. He was meant to be the anchor of our team, he was bought by Lippi after a great season with Valencia in which he should himself to be one of the great Central Midfielders and the team that bought him would have won the lottery. Lippi bought him and comitted suicide, it was like sticking to a number your whole life and changing it when it was the right one. This move was always gonna be hit or miss. And he didnt miss goal, he shot it into the stands. Together with Gerard Lopez, were the only reason Valencia made it that far. He was chased by Milan and was destined to go the San Siro, he did, but the other side, instead of being welcomed by Galliani and having a black and red backround in the photot shoot, he was with Gabrile Oriali with a nike and pirelli backround.

Ok, we had signed the futre of Spanish soccer, we had bought the 'man', we have all our midfield problems solved. Ok, this guy played a few games, (like everyone does) and it was showing that this guy wasnt in the right place. He was playing a horrible inconcistent brand of soccer. And everyone was jumping on his shoulders, and all of the sudden he was out of the team after just a few moments on the pitch. And was forgotten......................................

Tardelli came, nuthin changed, Cuper came, and WOW !! He might start playing again, well he did, a bit more, but is taht enuf from the Spanish Wonderthug, sorry kid. We know that spaniards have had problems in italy, Jose Mari is just cracking it, he came a little earlier than Farinos, but he is a striker and a strikers change is easier than a midfielders change in play. Farinos has played some very solid games including some great shots and all that.

But lets look at the technical problem.

Is it becuz they havent been given a go ?

Well, Mendieta hasnt been given a proper go, I think taht is 50-50, he ahs played enuf time for an average player, but i dont think he is average. Jose Mari is kicking a$$ when he is playing ? emmm, well, Farinos needs more time ahead of Zanetti and Di Biagio ? Dont think so, but he is a great talent !

Has Jose Mari done the same he has one in Spain ?

I think so, he wasnt a great hit in spain, and he wasnt a great hit at Milan, but I srtill think judgeing Farinos with Mari is a little unfair, so the problem is midfielders, Helgura was young but wasnt good at all, is there taht much difference in palying, Farinos is a tough, gritty, skillful and excellent passer, I guess he doesnt get the freedom he does in the other latter two, and the first two must be because he has never been the focus midfielder ?

Or the coach's different role for the player and the time he needs to adapt to his teammates ? Two years, anyone heard of training, or is Serie A played on mars ?

The style. In Spain, the style is much more technical and more open while in Italy they rely more on defensive football and on tactics, on stopping practically the opponent ?

Farinos is a defensive mdifeilder and should be great in taht stuff !

I still think tactics to be the most logical reason, but it looks like the serie a based players are doing great in la liga, maybe becuz Italians are tactically more flexible ?

I think this is a mystery, opinions :tongue: ?

·
Registered
14,769 Posts
Interesting, not that you mention it, i notice that.

I suppose the major difference is the different style of play in the different contries.

I've heard many times from players and coaches that say the Spanish la liga has the loosest defense in the major leagues. I realized that too. I used to follow the la liga on ESPN 2 years ago and i realized that the midfielders there are friggin awesome, just about passing pinpoint accuracy and dribbling through players.

It's the amount of time and space given that is the major difference. In serie A and sometimes in national matches, the players dont have much tim eot react to the ball before facing an opponent trying to steal it from them.

I remember anelka said that the defenders in spain give you a lot of space, but then they can compromise that with tactical switch and pace. He said that the la liga defenders know just about every trick there is to defend world class players.

In SerieA its just different, they dont want to risk anything so they kick you in the shin and what not trying to cut down on the opponent.

I guess that's the major difference, the midfielders in la liga have more time and space to create or to dribble through players, while i dont often see that dribbling in Italian league anymore.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
i'd like to see a hardworker and a creative player in the midfield. and this point, we heve cz and dalmat. cz can chase the ball all day long :cool: he never give up just like juve's pitbull. and dalmat is the creative one and more mobile than another midfielder we have. dibi also good defensive midfielder and seedorf for dalmat's backup. :cool:
so suggest we sell farinos :) coz we didnt get anygood from him since he was in the bench and always will be.:D

·
Registered
831 Posts
I dont think that Farinos will play a major role in this years compitition ... however, next year i think he will get a head of DB in the Pick, this is coz DB is 30 and starting to get old.

Farinos was a wall back in valencia he was similar to Deshamps (a unit by him self), he was kind of sayin: u guys go attack and i'v got ur backs.... he had a great sence of positioning and he allways through in his body for the tackle, also when he got the ball he always made the right passes .... in this season's games i think that he is starting to improve and gettting back to his old self .... Farinos is a similar case to that of Conceicao, where they both need to learn to be what they used to be, the difference IMO is that farinos is younger and has a better personalty and never complains ...

basically IMO we have to sell 2 midfielders to have an optimum competitive group, so the way i see it is that we must sell 2 out of these players: Seedorf, Okan, Conceicao, Farinos, Guly...
the selling will offcourse depend on their performances, if i were to chose now then i will sell seedorf and Guly ... this will leave Recoba, Emre, Dalmat,Conceicao(he did it with the NT many times) for the left side.

CZ, Dalmat, Emre, Farinos, DB, Okan(as a last option) for the center.

and Conceicao, Dalmat, Okan for the right side

Basicaly what i'm trying to say is that by selling two midfielders (those two for example) we will still have enough options
to cover all the sides but we will increase the playing time for players like : Farinos, okan, Emre .... IMO if this happenes then we will see Farinos and Emre improve and become ahead of DB in the pick.

my line-up for next year:

Recoba(Emre/Dalmat)---Emre/Dalmat(Farinos)--CZ(Farinos)---Conceicao(Dalmat/Okan)

()= back-up
/= or

·
Registered
870 Posts
Well, if i were Cuper, i will get rid of Guly and Farinos, IMO Seedorf is better than him, hey they are both inconsistent, but seedorf has more talent..

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
[L7] said:
Well, if i were Cuper, i will get rid of Guly and Farinos, IMO Seedorf is better than him, hey they are both inconsistent, but seedorf has more talent..

Then Seedorf would be a waste in the bench !!!

He doesn't fit Inter and he's too inconsistant ! I hate that in a player.......

A waste of money in inter part ! How big is Seedorf wage is while he isn't playing:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

We need to sell him .....we can try to trade him to ajax for Chivu:D

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
That´s a very good post Christian. :) I might even say things that you have already said,but I´ll expand it a little.

Farinos was a player that I was thrilled when we bought.His season with Valencia had been awesome and I was expecting him to play in a similar way.He got the exact position he wanted by Tardelli in his matches when he played,but he failed miserably.He was utter crap actually.So why did this happen? Well,Farinos isn´t a technically good player that has brilliant passes and first and foremost not good playing when the other team is pressing us.When they are very fast with covering our player who has the ball.Farinos just can´t perform under pressure.His passes becomes ridiculosly sloppy and instead of thinking when he passes,he just ships it away.Although,when we played Parma and it was the first time I saw him for quite some time,he kinda impressed me by not making any big mistakes.He played more simple,and I think within time he will learn to adapt to the Serie A style.Because this has nothing to do with him being bad or has lost it.It´s the different tactics that the two leagues are using.In Spain he was allowed to keep the ball for some seconds and didn´t have to make fast decisions.In Italy it isn´t like that,and that´s what has went wrong.
I think he is such a talent,and if he doesn´t start performing on a consistent way,he should be sold back to Spain where he can play his game again and become an important factor for his NT as well.

Right now Farinos should stay on the bench,and play once in a while,because we are having better players in our team for the moment.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you think he can be the replacement of Di Biagio this season ?
Dalmat, Recoba, Zanetti and Jorgensen. Basically, you have to put Recoba and Jorgensen on the wings, and Zanetti and dalmat in the middle, which would mean a place in no where to be found for Farinos or Emre. Id like to see them become back-ups and also substitiute players early on in games, both need experience. But Emre looks great, he is really fitting well, and is playing gold for his minutes. I sure hope he plays this weekend.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts