Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today OBaixinho made this request:
Firstly - 1986-careca or 1990-romário?

Secondly - please open the "Brasil 2014" thread. Let's just skip this one.
And now I find myself thinking, why the hell not? :D So let's start discussing the 2014 WC's team, which will surely be perfect and ideal and cause no controversy whatsoever. :hopeful:

So let's start guessing our squad in 2014! Which veterans will still be around? Will the next manager also work with Elano, Michel Bastos and Felipe Melo?

Julio Cesar will be 34 and that shouldn't be a problem for a keeper. Juan will be 34, Luisão will be 33, and Lucio will be 36, so we may need a new central defense to replace our current one. Chelsea's Alex will be 31... and Thiago Silva will be 29, which is a perfect age and it's hard to imagine Thiago out of that new central defense. Miranda will also be 29, but Breno (who will be 24) or another younger defender may rise until then.

Here's how old the current squad players will be:

Julio Cesar will be 34
Gomes will be 33
Doni will be 34
Maicon will be 32
Daniel Alves will be 31
Lucio will be 36
Juan will be 34
Thiago Silva will be 29
Luisão will be 33
Michel Bastos will be 30
Gilberto will be 38
Gilberto Silva will be 37
Josue will be 34
Felipe Melo will be 30
Kleberson will be 34
Ramires will be 27
Elano will be 32
Julio Baptista will be 32
Kaka will be 32
Luis Fabiano will be 33
Robinho will be 30
Nilmar will be 29
Grafite will be 35

So we may not be able to use many of these players. What will the team look like in four years? Here's a guess:

Julio Cesar; Daniel Alves (or Maicon), Breno, Thiago Silva and Filipe Luis; Cristian (or Sandro or Lucas), Ramires (or Hernanes or Elias), Kaka (or Coutinho) and Ganso; Pato (or Neymar) and Nilmar (or someone else who will surely pop up by then).

The Goose and the Duck will play together as Canarinhos, mark my words! ;)

So what do you say? Which lineup should Brasil field in 2014? :D

·
Bernard > Messi
2,687 Posts
Gonna check this thread tomorrow.

And if that's not possible, Muricy or Autuori.
MURICI????????? OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDD

lol:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

you want to see me die today grinch? i'll have a heart attack soon enough. Just thinking about murici turning the NT into a foot-volley team makes me die puke a little.

are you serious? o rei do morre-morre, murici?

campeonato de seleção não tem pontos corridos, então comé q o murici vai ganhar algo?

O cara chega num dia num time, e no outro o time já é eliminado do campeonato de mata-mata (morre-morre, no caso do burricy)

·
First Place winner, December 2010 Photo Contest
1,524 Posts
Not charismatic enough to lead Brazil, IMO. Won't be able to cope with the pressure.

Hows the weather in Luxemburgo these days? :lala:
Oh no :palm:
Disaster in the 2000 Olympics, humiliating loss to Cameroon with a two men advantage. Can't forget that.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
not auruori, please. autuori is a disaster.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, clearly no manager will be unanimous - so what else is new? :D

Autuori, Mano, Luxemburgo, anyone who replaces Dunga will be criticized heavily (which will mean just more of the same; O GLOBO's sports section today is a hate-letter to Dunga). I'd kinda like to see Joel Santana get the job, if for nothing else for the entertainment value. :googly:

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
lol Santana....
I think it'll be Zico, Felipão, ZAGALO or Pele!

Zico is up and coming :proud:
Felipão ONLY IF we dont win it this year
Zagalo because everything he touches turns into gold...
Pele- if argentina win, we will use him as inspiration and just score loads

·
Bernard > Messi
2,687 Posts
Zico is up and coming :proud:
Zico is a loser with the NT and have no experience at all as a coach. Since dunga will fail hard this WC then the zé-povinho wont accept another inexperienced coach to be picked by Ricardo Teixeira.

Zagalo because everything he touches turns into gold...
Pele- if argentina win, we will use him as inspiration and just score loads
LOL! I didn't noticed it was sarcasm.

9/10.

·
Bernard > Messi
2,687 Posts
Well, clearly no manager will be unanimous - so what else is new? :D

Autuori, Mano, Luxemburgo, anyone who replaces Dunga will be criticized heavily (which will mean just more of the same; O GLOBO's sports section today is a hate-letter to Dunga). I'd kinda like to see Joel Santana get the job, if for nothing else for the entertainment value. :googly:
Do you know if globo.com have it online? gonna check it now.

Anyway, can be anyone except Murici.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
mano Menezes is a very good coach, young players really learn something in the trainings. Nevertheless, he did not reach his goals in Corinthians, not his falt IMHO, he lost allmost half the team to Katar, Turkey act. So it is a question of money, In the Nt he will not have that problem.. I do not beleive he will be chosen' maby I am the only one here who appreciate him very much.

·
The Messiah!
151 Posts
[tub]SzPSrUsw0v0&feature=related[/tub]

·
Bernard > Messi
2,687 Posts
lets try to nominate at least 5 players per position. (Only players younger than 26 YO and at least one players needs to be 22 or younger)

Starting with the GoalKeepers.

Goalkeepers:
Player --------- Age --------- Team

Diego Alves---- 25 ----------- Almeria-Spa
Felipe --------- 26 ----------- Corinthians
Felipe----------23 ----------- Santos
Bruno----------26------------ Flamengo
Netinho--------22------------ Atl. Paranaense (my prospect)

(ouch, didn't knew vitor was already 27,5yo! that's why he was so upset :( poor guy)

At the end we can name the players older than that.. Some elders will probably play in the next WC, but lets focus this list on the young players.

Also, the goalkeeper of the u20 WC is good but I don't remember his name...

Add yours goalkeepers, lazy mothafockas!

PS: I don't like my list at all :(

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
What do you mean, your next manager?! :confused:
Dunga is here to stay, he will win this World Cup, mark my words. :stuckup:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts