Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nesta to Inter, Cannavaro to Juve, Crespo to Barca or???, Sheva to....Sheva not for sale, Manfredini to Lazio...

Mind you, that's only a sampling of the "news" I read in a space of 15 minutes. It's called the Silly Season by some....b/c it could drive yousilly trying to A) follow it all and B) decern what's true and what isn't....b/c all of the above have been announced AND denied....

What's YOUR tactic for keeping slightly sane in the silly season?

I've learned to just read the stuff and move on, b/c too often the headlines are denied within an hour or so. Sometimes I just laugh at the stuff...some of it is just too fantastic, or the stuff of fantasies. Sometimes I boycott the "news" simply b/c...see above...And the few times I do follow a story, it often doesn't pan out anyway or changes so much you'd never recognize the original story anyway...

Silly season, insane season....hope on board folks, the roller coaster has already started!!!:cool: :D :eek: :dazed:

·
Registered
15,740 Posts
During the Silly Season it's best to just take the rumours as rumours, and not take them too seriously. I think it's still good to follow the rumours, no matter how insane they can be.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Well its soccer's yellow journalism

hopefully we will land nesta or canna and not lose anyone that matters

Lav

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Just look at www.acmilan.com and if it says "Milan Buy Cannavaro" or "Milan Sell Shevchenko" then you can believe it. Otherwise it'sw probably rumours.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Lets look at the season this way. As the club season is over, there is nothing to talk about any matches, but only about the transfer market. These everyday rumours or yellow journalism keep u interested and amused during this period.;)

Also we get an outside view of the players worth in the transfer market.

As for believing what they say is hilarious. I just read and entertain myself. ;) And then in 5 - minutes forget about it. as The Shev says just believe in the official site, which I do at the end of the day. :)

Ciao

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
If I read a story in more than one or two sites/papers, then I start to give it some credence. If it is a story that everybody is carrying, inculding La Gazzetta, then I believe to be something that could really happen. However, I never believe anything until I see the guy playing for his new team.

Oh, unless Walter has guaranteed it........;) :tongue:

Just messing with you, Payman. :)

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Dae said:
If I read a story in more than one or two sites/papers, then I start to give it some credence. If it is a story that everybody is carrying, inculding La Gazzetta, then I believe to be something that could really happen. However, I never believe anything until I see the guy playing for his new team.

Oh, unless Walter has guaranteed it........;) :tongue:

Just messing with you, Payman. :)
Hey Dae who is Walter?:confused:

And what is this Payman thing? I had asked this question before but nobody answered. I understand They refer to SS1 but why?:rolleyes:

Ciao

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dae said:

I tend to be alot like you, Dae--it boils down to where I've seen it, but even that has it's problems. Just yesterday the RAI site was reporting Nesta to Inter, Cannavaro to Juve. By that afternoon Cragnotti had announced Nesta was going no place. Today, it's gone....

I also tend to be alot like milan77....some of the stories are just very amusing....:howler: :howler: :howler:

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Sometimes I wonder what it might be like if a certain rumor turns out to be true, but for the most part I just ignore them. The only time I consider something to be official is when it has been announced as being official and has not been retracted within the next day or so.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
milano77 said:

Hey Dae who is Walter?:confused:

And what is this Payman thing? I had asked this question before but nobody answered. I understand They refer to SS1 but why?:rolleyes:

Ciao

Walter is some guy over at MilanMania who claims to have some inside connection that gives him the "dirt" on Milan. Some hold his tips to be golden, while others are less convinced.

Payman is SS1's real name. I also was confused for a long time as I had never heard such a ridiculous name. :tongue: ;)

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Dae said:

Walter is some guy over at MilanMania who claims to have some inside connection that gives him the "dirt" on Milan. Some hold his tips to be golden, while others are less convinced.

Payman is SS1's real name. I also was confused for a long time as I had never heard such a ridiculous name. :tongue: ;)
Thanks Dae for ur invaluable info on these matters.:) ;)

It was driving me crazy, this payman thing (curious):mad: , becoz nobody was answering my question.

Tell me more about this guy Walter and how genuine are his infos about milan. has he told anything about the defenders canna/nesta/lucio.:rolleyes:

Ciao

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
milano77 said:
Tell me more about this guy Walter and how genuine are his infos about milan. has he told anything about the defenders canna/nesta/lucio.:rolleyes:
I can tell you what he said, but not how genuine it is.

The last thing he said was that Galliani prefers to get Nesta and that Ancelotti rather want Cannavaro. Lucio has never been mentioned by him. walter hasn't been posting lately

Some things he have said had become true and others not. His claim on us buying Riquelme last year was something that made many doubt him. but he also said that Ancelotti would take Terims position already early in the summer, I also remember him saying we ouwld buy Rui costa and Umit long before the press got it. Make what ever you want of that.

and milano77, some people did actually answer your question about Payman in the other thread. :)

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
JKris said:

I can tell you what he said, but not how genuine it is.

The last thing he said was that Galliani prefers to get Nesta and that Ancelotti rather want Cannavaro. Lucio has never been mentioned by him. walter hasn't been posting lately

Some things he have said had become true and others not. His claim on us buying Riquelme last year was something that made many doubt him. but he also said that Ancelotti would take Terims position already early in the summer, I also remember him saying we ouwld buy Rui costa and Umit long before the press got it. Make what ever you want of that.

and milano77, some people did actually answer your question about Payman in the other thread. :)

Thanks for the info about this mysterious Walter, JKris.:)

Atleast we have some info about Nesta/cannavaro to speak about.;) I don't know what to believe about walter.:confused:
the news about ancelloti & galliani is quite funny ha ha.:dielaugh:
Hope they don't lose both of them in the process.:rolleyes:

Is this walter guy registered at Xtratime? If not plz/kindly pass on the info to this forum (if possible):hopefull: Even if this is not true, it is fun discussing these rumours.:excited: If u can do so, I shall be indefinitely grateful to u.

Payman thing - as far as i remember, AMOROSO said/joked something about this question. I didn't know what to make of that, hence the question. Now I know the answer and won't be troubling anybody on this matter. Consider the matter closed from my side:).

Ciao

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
Payman have at times publised what he said... mostly the things that didn't happen. :D

www.acmilanforums.com is the place to see what he have to say, check the Italian sector. If you don't speak Italian use an translator, www.altavista have one. He hasn't posted lately tough.

I remember he also said that Milan was asking Lazio about Simone Inzaghi and could target Luca Toni.

I also believe he was the one that said that Sheva and Coco don't like each other and hadn't talked to each other in an year.

At any rate, how do I relate to the silly season? I don't to the best of my knowledge. :D

·
Second Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
3,938 Posts
Ten easy steps to transfer season insanity:
1. Wake up in the morning.
2. Make a cup of genmaicha, turn on the computer
3. Read the rumours
4. Note that one site has Canna going to Milan, one has him going to Juve. Ponder the possibility that Italy has perfected clone technology and kept it a secret from all but the sporting press. Decide that's not too likely.
5. Call boyfriend over and ask him what the European press is smoking. Boyfriend dissavows any knowledge of what the press over there takes to escape reality. I press him, and he mumbles something about the state of the press in ex-communist countries. I remind him we are talking about Italy.
6. Think up some smart-ass thing to write on MilanMania or Xtratime.
7. Go to work. While ordering birdseed, wonder how much birdseed Sheva would cost if, indeed, Real ran out of money and had to pay in birdseed.
8. Go to school. Forget completely about Milan and their transfer woes. Except when the Screws Case (famous Civil Rights decision)is mentoned. Wonder if we are getting screwed by letting Colo stay at Athletico on loan.
9. Go home. Turn on the computer again. Now Canna is going to Roma. ManU is intersted in Rui Costa. By this time the inherent illogic of that one escapes me, and I get mad for a minute. Then it comes back to me: ManU. They don't even know what to do with Veron. What're they gonna do with Rui? Make him play defensive midfield? That might make Roy Keane angry.
10. Turn off the computer and turn on the TV. Fox has "Celebrity Boxing" on. Forget all about Milan as Screech beats up Horshack. Wonder if Screech can play central defense...

RIO

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
RIO, I love it, that was a great answer!!:howler: :howler:

May I add that we are going thru EXACTLY the same process with Cannavaro as we did last spring with Rui Costa? The on again, off again, he's too expensive, we place a new bid, we concede to someone else, we renew interest.....I think you see what I'm getting at...:angel: :devil: :angel:

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Bwahahaha!! That cracked me up, Heather! :D :howler:

Speaking of smoking things, what did ya smoke before writing that? Can have I some? :D ;)

·
Second Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
3,938 Posts
Tim said:
Speaking of smoking things, what did ya smoke before writing that? Can have I some? :D ;)
...'jes green tea an' good lovin', baby ;)

RIO

·
Registered
7,601 Posts
Fox has "Celebrity Boxing" on. Forget all about Milan as Screech beats up Horshack. Wonder if Screech can play central defense...
:dielaugh: :dielaugh:

6. Think up some smart-ass thing to write on MilanMania or Xtratime.
:rollani:

:D :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts