Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 1429 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Personally I think he's one of the big talents of the Spanish football, he scores easily, he really fast and he has good technical skills. But is he worth 35 million €?

Barça payed 25 million for Ronaldinho and Real Madrid something similar for Beckham... I don't know if I would pay so much money for Reyes. It's sad, we are going to lose a big player here. Enjoy him in England.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
He is worth that and more if you can pay. One of my favs.
He has got the talent and if he starts playing well the English media will do the rest. After all they got a Golden Ball for Owen so... A Superstar is born!

Good luck Reyes!

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JackoTheDon said:
To much for Arsenal - they are poor ;) $$$$

Good player mind you.

I just hope Chelsea persue Joaquin, he's my fav player in Spain.. Raúl aside.
If Chelsea (or anyone) offer 35 million for Joaquin, Lopera (Betis' president) would give him to you tonight.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
No, maybe some years ago yes but with today´s crisis in football no. This looks like a big business for Sevilla if it´s true that they´re going to recover Jesuli for 10 millions. This is another discussion but I don´t think Jesuli is too far from Reyes in terms of quality, actually right now I prefer Jesuli (true that Reyes will improve) but still they have 25 million to spend, it´s a very good business if they spend that money well, I mean, not signing Machlas or Toedli.:rolleyes:

Reyes is a good player, will probably be great in the future but he is too irregular for my taste, anyway I hope the best for him in Arsenal.:)

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
That's a lot of money :eek: I wish he would have come to Barcelona, but I think that Sevilla was only going to sell overseas.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Max Depor said:
is it final???? he already signed??
Yes, He´s taking the plane right now and will sign the contract tomorrow morning after passing the medical tests. He´ll have the "9" in Arsenal and could play his first minutes this weekend.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
how much is it exactly? 35m?

personally, i don't want him to leave spain.
this news comes too suddenly.

i find it a loss to spanish football.
talented spanish guys should play for spanish clubs. :(
i don't care of arsenal at all.
but i just concern about the impact on sevilla. :depress:

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Real said:
how much is it exactly? 35m?
A huge amount of money, more than what Barça payed for Ronaldinho, Real Madrid for Beckham, Chelsea for Makelele or Inter for Adriano. A total craziness.

Originally posted by Txupa
No, maybe some years ago yes but with today´s crisis in football no. This looks like a big business for Sevilla if it´s true that they´re going to recover Jesuli for 10 millions. This is another discussion but I don´t think Jesuli is too far from Reyes in terms of quality, actually right now I prefer Jesuli (true that Reyes will improve) but still they have 25 million to spend, it´s a very good business if they spend that money well, I mean, not signing Machlas or Toedli.

Reyes is a good player, will probably be great in the future but he is too irregular for my taste, anyway I hope the best for him in Arsenal.
I agree 100%

·
Registered
76 Posts
what?? it is for this season?? i thought transfer season in finished......anyway, it is a big big loss for sevilla no wait it is a gain, reyes is good but nobody is good for 35million !!

also, sevilla get a player just equal good........jesuli...he is just amazing !!

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Real said:
and it is confirmed that jesuli of celta goes to sevilla. :eek:
No no... he can't. He has already played 5 matches with Celta in Liga. I don't know from where has Txupa taken this rumour, but Jesuli will finish his season in Vigo for sure.

·
Registered
16 Posts
oh damn. Can't stand it!
The kid's too good to leave Spain for EPL :(
Never expected Arsenal to spend that much money on a single player. I thought they were poor like hell. :rolleyes:

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Real said:
and it is confirmed that jesuli of celta goes to sevilla. :eek:
No, sorry if I made you think that, Sevilla hasn´t signed Jesuli. Marca says the deal would be for next season, well, they´ve been the first ones to give the new about Reyes so they must have good contacts in Sevilla. Marca says Sevilla´s president Del Nido wants to recover all the stars from the youth ranks that are playing in other teams, I believe they can get Jose Mari back but Jesuli and Marchena sound more difficult. True that Celta has economical problems but if they sell Jesuli, who will play? I mean, right now Celta is Luccin, Jesuli, sometimes Milosevic and 8 more...:rolleyes:

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Reyes will cost £16.6m with a further £4.5m to follow

total cost around £21m

the Arsenal have secured funding for the stadium from German sources,we had £10m to spend but will get £40m at the end of the season from a deal we signed with Granada.

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Jern Lizardhous said:
Reyes will cost £16.6m with a further £4.5m to follow

total cor the sdadium#fr

the Arsenal have secured funding for the stadium from German sources,we had £10m to spend but will get £40m at the end of the season from a deal we signed with Granada.
1 pound is 1,45 €... more or less. So that would be about 30 million €. Still too much money, IMO. You have spent a big amount of this money only in Reyes. Don't you think it's too risky?

1 - 20 of 1429 Posts