Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Serb warns of Old Trafford invasion

Filip Djuricic has warned of a Serbian invasion at Manchester United after joining the Premier League champions on trial.

The Radnicki Obfrenovac youngster saw the 3-0 win over Chelsea on Sunday and is training under the watchful gaze of reserve team coach Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (pictured).

With Nemanja Vidic, Zoran Tosic and Adem Ljajic already signed up, United are harvesting their Balkan contacts impressively.

"Every day, there are more of us here at United," the 16-year-old playmaker told Kurir.

"If we will do well, definitely more Serbs will come to United. Serbian will soon be the official language here!

"Manchester United do not call a player without a reason. People in the club told me not to talk with the press about my stay in Manchester and especially not to mention the conversations."

Djuricic enjoyed watching the win at Old Trafford at the weekend and picked out two individuals from the United side.

"I was surprised to see Jose Mourinho in front of me," he exclaimed. "At half time, I saw Fabio Capello, Marcel Desailly and many others who I recently watched on TV.

"I was amazed by Ryan Giggs and Cristiano Ronaldo.

"I came here with Mr [Budimir] Vujacic [United's scout] and saw Tosic and Vidic. I trained with the second team."

The teenager's father has confirmed that his son is working under Solskjaer with his stint in Manchester due to last until January 18.

"I know Filip will keep his feet on the ground," he said to Sport Serbia. "He will train one or two times per day and yesterday he trained under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer."

If United to decide to push ahead with a deal, they would loan him back to Radnicki or even out to feeder club Royal Antwerp.

http://www.setanta.com//uk/Articles/Football/2009/1/13/Prem-Serbian-on-United-trial/gnid-35247/

Here he is sitting infront of Mourinho at the Chelsea game on Sunday;

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
It would be amazing if he came to united as well, however he will also have to stay in Serbia till next January as players under the age of 18 are not allowed to leave the country.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Lets sign Ana Ivanovic as a Ball Girl.

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Man Utd are obviously trying to usurp Red Star and Partizan as the most supported side in Serbia it seems.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Vidic may already be responsible for it, if these guys make it, this can definitely happen, atleast we will become the 2nd team to support for the Serbs.

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
Lets sign Ana Ivanovic as a Ball Girl.
haha :D

Well, I won´t sign too much players of one nationality. 3 Serbs is enough already. If you have many players of one nation theres always the danger to have one group that distances itself from the rest of the squad.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
haha :D

Well, I won´t sign too much players of one nationality. 3 Serbs is enough already. If you have many players of one nation theres always the danger to have one group that distances itself from the rest of the squad.
that could be happening already with the amount of Brazilians we have in the squad. Not to mention Ronaldo and Nani who also speak the Portugese language

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
I would rather we be signing up good promising British players.

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
What if there isn't any? Actually I'm pretty sure there can't be too many because Ferguson has always invested time, effort and money into British talent where possible. If he can't see any coming through, then he has no option to buy foreign whether it be Serbs or whatever.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Ferguson is still investing in youth, but he's using his resources to find and blood the best British and International youth, nothing wrong with it.

Welbeck, Gibson, Rafael, Possebon, Nani, Anderson, Pique, Simpson...

All kids that have been blooded in the last year, doesn't matter where they come from if they pick up the United way of thinking its fine with me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts