Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swear it's just a bunch of chimps who write their stories

Clasic line in todays rag....

"Wenger gifted win by "goal" blunder" (we scored 2, so it would have been 2-1 ;) )

"Fuming Hammers chief Glenn Roeder snapped........." (I watch the post match interview and he wasn't "fuming" and there was definately NO "snapping"

And you just KNEW that they'd put in the picture off the TV showing "the ball over the line"

I call on all Arsenal supporters avoid buying this newspaper

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
BiG -

Which paper are you talking about ? Fog over here this a.m. so I haven't seen any yet. I have boycotted the Express for the last couple of months after an article by some t0sser named Jim Holden who was very scathing about some of our players i.e. Henry, Wiltord, Kanu etc. Quote " I would not have any of them in my team " he also described Henry as a "prancing peacock"

Hardly an informative piece of journalism, I could be wrong but I detected a tad of bias :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Scum

No8

I'm referring to The Sun, what a waste of 30p

·
Registered
12 Posts
BiG -

Soory, I was a bit slow there SCUM / SUN. I think the Sun and the Express are part of the same group which makes sense. Add the SCUM to the black list !

·
Registered
78 Posts
I think most football fans treat the Sun with the contempt it deserves.

Its pages do become usefull if your stuck in the countryside somewhere and you need to wipe your arse.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Join the club. No self-respecting Liverpool fan would EVER buy it after the scandalous, innaccurate and hurtful comments made about Liverpool fans after Hillsborough. In fact, carry a copy of that rag to Anfield on match day and you will probably get torn apart limb by limb......some of the accusations levelled at Liverpool fans were unforgiveable and they deserve all the contempt they get.....

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
its a newspaper dude
they depend on exaggerating new so people will buy it
thats all

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the sun

no it's not swift, it's a comic

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Why buy papers when you have the internet :confused:

Seriously though just think about it ?????

Rupert Murdoch owns the Scum ???
He also owns 10% if not more of Manchester United ?????

He will own 100% of Manchester United in the very near future ????
He also owns the Express and the Times
And Sky Sports

Is this corruption ???????????

Course :(

while you are talking about papers don't buy the mirror either because they have just employed Oliver Holt as chief sports writer and he wrote a complete piece of garbage earlier in the season referring to Arsene Wenger as 'the blood brother of Lee Bowyer'.

The written Media is Englands bastard child

:( :( ;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
NOLU

Fair point

by the way, how do you get the little England icon up?

·
Registered
115 Posts
BIG,

1. Go to the section menu near the top of the screen and click on your profile.

2. click edit options and near the bottom of the screen is an avatar option.

3. Click on 'change avatar' and you will find the England picture on page 8.

4. Send me £10 for my services.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cheque ok?

it's on it's way NOLU :D

·
Registered
66 Posts
the sun has got to be the most patronising 'newspaper' going.
the writers are just losers who dident make the grade on the broadsheets.
the way they hype everything up is unbelievable, for example owen was injured for the holland friendly, i repeat FRIENDLY and the headline was 'hammerblow for england'!:confused: what is there game?
on the positive side there are a number of good articles in the observer's sports magazine which comes out monthly.

but the people at the sun really take the biscuit.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Arsenal have been slagged off in the past in the Sun, it is a trashy newspaper most of the sports journalists have something agaisnt Arsenal, but that doesn't stop me from buying, after all it still has Page 3.:cool: ;) :tongue:
Anyway let's just ignore the reports and let our boys do the talking on the pitch when they bring home the double.:D

·
Registered
452 Posts
The only thing I like about the Sun is Page 3. :D :D :D
Anything else just crap.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I don't necessarily expect you to understand the depth of hatred against THe Sun, but if you'd lost loved ones at Hillsborough and then read in this publication accusations that you were stealing from the dead bodies, urinating over them etc, you may start to understand the reasons why this is a very sensitive issue for most Liverpool fans.....

It may sensationalise stories to increase circulation , but some things are unforgiveable and this, IMHO is one of them, especially as they have steadfastly refused to apologise publicly for these hurtful stories. At least The Mirror had the decency to say sorry and contribute towards the Hillsborough Fund.

·
Registered
12 Posts
FW - Your'e right I had no idea about all this. Disgusting behaviour from a national newspaper, I'm truly shocked. At least you can be sure no real fan would believe such utter drivel.

Come on you Sperms :) at least for this one game !

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well At first (Just a few weeks ago) i did not know about the Sun issue. Cause i said i buy the sun every now and again but when i had a barrage of angry posters telling me about it i understood and that i aint read the paper for a long time.

Whats more is that i heard a few people stole money from the Hillsboragh trust fund. I mean how on earth can someone do such a thing?????

FW. I agree i cannot believe the Suns ignorance at that point in time.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts