Registered
3,916 Posts

·
Registered
3,916 Posts

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
I hope Sandro has a great season, Brasil's NT could really use him in the WC. :)

****....should be in English!!!
I'll try to translate. It begins explaining that Spurs began their pre-season without Paulinho, who's still on vacation after having played the Confed Cup and will only arrive at the end of the month. But last wednesday the team welcomed back their other Brasilian DM, Sandro, finally recovered from his knee injury and participated in his first training session since January.

Then the reporter asks AVB whether Sandro and Paulinho will play together or compete for the same spot, and Villas-Boas completely dodges the question: "They're both excellent players, we also have other excellent players, and our goal is to shape the team in the 4-3-3 that we'll continue to use, so we'll always have the 1st DM and two 2nd DMs that can help the team's defensive process". That's some Spider-Man-level dodging, right there.

When asked the same thing, Sandro says that the two of them can play together, depending on how the coach wants to play, adding that he's grateful that Paulinho signed on because he'll be a big help for the team. These guys play with the cards so close to their chests that you can barely tell that they have cards.

AVB then mentions how happy he is that Sandro is back and that Paulinho joined Tottenham - "He (Paulinho) defends and attacks, with an instinct for scoring, characteristics that are fundamental in England. His adaptation will be easy, and his previous experience of having played outside of Brasil is important, even if it wasn't so good for him personally I'm certain it will help him adapt quickly. Above all he's a player of extraordinary maturity, above average intelligence, very cultured and calm. I'm positive it will be a great acquisition."

Sandro closes by saying "I'm coming back, guys. You just wait because I'm coming back strong."

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
i think Sandro's great

he didnt start off amazingly well for Spurs, but hes really come into his own and it was such a shame he got injured

dont see any reason as to why he cant play alongside paulinho and big mouss

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Not seen much of the spurs so far in this 2013/2014...

How has he been doing?

·
Registered
3,916 Posts

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Not seen much of the spurs so far in this 2013/2014...

How has he been doing?
Brazilian midfielder Sandro made the switch to Queens Park Rangers on transfer deadline day, as the 25-year-old reunites with former Tottenham Hotspur manager Harry Redknapp at Loftus Road.

Redknapp confirmed the move to Rob Harris of The Associated Press:

QPR later confirmed the deal via the club's Twitter account:

Sandro's potential reunion with his former manager was one of the bigger stories on deadline day, and Redknapp has landed his man before the transfer window slammed shut.

Having lost striker Loic Remy to Chelsea on Sunday, per BBC Sport, QPR were always going to splash the cash on Monday. They did so with Spurs’ out-of-favour midfielder—who makes the switch on a yet-to-be-disclosed contract

Redknapp himself brought Sandro to Tottenham from Internacional back in 2010, and the tough-tackling star quickly made himself a fan favourite at White Hart Lane.

However, recent Spurs managers haven’t seen Sandro in the same light as Redknapp, meaning it was only a matter of time before the Brazilian headed for the exit door.

His big-fish status will certainly return at Loftus Road as the Hoops look to remain in the Premier League after achieving promotion last season.

Sandro will join fellow new recruit Leroy Fer in the heart of QPR’s midfield when the action returns following the international break, and while his match fitness may not be at its peak, he’ll undoubtedly offer a great deal to the club’s cause.

With some time left of the transfer window, Sandro could yet be joined by more new stars at Loftus Road, as the club look to reverse their shaky start to the new campaign.

The Brazilian will certainly help them on their quest to do that, as there are few quite as solid as Sandro currently plying their trade in the English top flight.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2183311-sandro-to-qpr-latest-transfer-details-reaction-and-more

61 - 69 of 69 Posts