Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

· Registered
51,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Google translated, I hope you understand anyway

"I am bound by a confidentiality pact towards my competitors that prevents me from going into details. But I can confirm that the negotiation for the purchase of Sampdoria is real and solid. If it goes through, as I trust it will be, Sampdoria will face a very important future. An Arab investor with enormous economic possibilities would enter Italian football for the first time. Except for Elliott and a few others so far foreign properties in Italy have not combined much in football. We could reverse this trend. We are not speculators. We've seen the deal, of course, but we come in to stay and do well. I am a serious person. The Sampdoria brand is an international brand, the company has a beautiful sporting history behind it and however beautiful a house may be, you don't buy it so to do it... we are well aware of what we want to do. The project, I repeat, is serious and solid. Al Thani does not enter Sampdoria to speculate but to stay. I have known Al Thani for many years, we have been dating on international circuits. If you work abroad as I work it is easy to come across personalities like him. If you go down to the Prince of Savoy in Milan, on the other hand, one of the Al Thani family certainly does not meet him. Sampdoria fans won't have to wait long for the deal to close, we're talking about days, not weeks."

source calciomercato.com

This is Francesco Di Silvio

Make of it what you think... for obvious reasons I don't trust movie producers any more, but this one pretends he is bringing Al Thani to Sampdoria so all we have to do is wait and see if he really brings Al Thani.

· Registered
1,844 Posts
Make of it what you think... for obvious reasons I don't trust movie producers any more, but this one pretends he is bringing Al Thani to Sampdoria so all we have to do is wait and see if he really brings Al Thani.
and I don't like money from Quatar. Tragic conflict for me. I don't like be so poor as we are right now either.

· Registered
51,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Again google translate, first source Il Secolo XIX

Interview with Di Silvio on the sale of Sampdoria

Genova? "I'm in Misano Adriatico, at the Hotel... and I have no plans to come to Genova. Nor did I ever say I would. I will only do it when Dr. Vidal tells me. But I want to reiterate one thing: the sheikh exists."
Vidal's work? "When I started this adventure, Dr. Vidal had doubts about my proposal. Also because we have relied on bad advisors. I would like to thank Vidal, a great professional, because he has always been close to us. Telling us what we should have done to deliver the required documentation in the correct way. I would like to point out that Vidal has never, I say never, hindered our initiative in any way. Now we're finally doing things the right way."
Negotiation? "The sheikh? It exists, it exists – he repeats to Il Secolo XIX -. Because we have not been taken seriously and instead we are in the race too, competing with the other stakeholders, but be careful I am not saying that we have come to the end. We need to complete the documentation, we will do it shortly. And then we hope to be able to close the negotiation."

· Registered
51,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
google translate, the first source is Il Secolo XIX, but this is an article from clubdoria46

Sampdoria sale, Khalid Faleh Al Thani introduces himself to the fans ...

It could be a very important day in view of the sale of Sampdoria. The road seems to be the one that leads to Khalid Faleh Al Thani, the man brought to Genova by the Di Silvio-Bonetti couple. The Qatari tycoon, as reported by Il Secolo XIX, should finally present his project to the Sampdoria fans, clarify his intentions and guarantee the seriousness of his project for Sampdoria. These should be the objectives of Al Thani, who initially seemed intent on releasing only a statement to Ansa. Now, however, the scenario may have changed, with the Sheikh who could give an interview to a pay-TV.
This initiative, as Il Secolo XIX reports, would be one-sided. That is shared with Di Silvio and Ivano Bonetti, those who are carrying out the negotiations, and with Gianluca Vialli, who has given his support to this operation for some time.
Gianluca Vidal, the trustee who, together with Banca Lazard, is dealing with the sale of Sampdoria is not aware of this interview. Contacts with Di Silvio have been going on for months, but Vidal was able to see Al Thani only a few days ago, in a videoconference organized together with the Geneva lawyers, who are handling the documents relating to the negotiation.

Once more, make of it whatever you prefer. There have been plenty of situations like this in Italian football with potential buyers who were not who they pretended to be or simply didn't exist. Hopefully Sampdoria will find a new owner soon and a reliable one.

· Registered
51,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
An update from calcioefinanza.it but the source should be ANSA, Agenzia Nazionale Stampa Associata (even if I can't find it right now on the site of ANSA)

google translate

Football: Samp; letter from Al Thani, there is a proposal to trustee. Mail brokerage company certifies genuineness of the message. The confirmation email signed by a Swiss mediator that 'certifies' a note from Khalid Faleh al Thani, a member of the ruling family of Qatar, in which the "sheikh's" intention to buy Sampdoria is manifested, arrived today at ANSA with the signature of Mehdi Hani, representative of the company MH Partners based in rue du Fort-Barreau 15 in Geneva, area where some Swiss trust companies are located.
The group interested in the purchase also includes the former Juve and Samp player, Ivano Bonetti, involved for future possible technical roles, and Francesco Di Silvio, a film entrepreneur originally from Basilicata who in the past had already made a purchase proposal to the trustee for the purchase of Salernitana and had also been interested in Foggia. Di Silvio himself had already claimed to have the prosecutor to deal with Al Thani.
In Al Thani's letter, translated from Arabic by Di Silvio, we read a confirmation of "my strong interest in the acquisition of Sampdoria", an interest that arises from the many stories of Francesco Di Silvio, Imad and Medhi. They made me discover a beautiful city like Genoa, the beautiful Sampdoria shirt, they told me the glorious history of the club. I fell in love with the city and Sampdoria and decided to buy the club. We sent a proposal to the trustee dr. Vidal - he writes to Thani - and we are waiting to proceed to arrive as soon as possible at the closing". (ANSA).

· Registered
51,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The fact that a guy buys a club because three people describe it and he falls in love with it makes me laugh a bit and again it reminds of things which happened in the past and belong to the least glorious pages of Italian football or maybe of some movies with fake sheikhs, a classic of cinema, but I want to believe because in sporting terms, as a sampdoriano, I'm a desperate. 🤪

· Registered
51,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
More than ten days and nothing has happened. No papers from Qatar and no money. Ivano Bonetti has told us on the matter: "There is too much speculation in the media, especially in Genova. I think we should focus only on the games, take a step back. That said, it is known and confirmed by Vidal himself that the sheikh exists, that there is a negotiation. We can have a deal or not. Much depends on the situation of the club, on the desire to have a deal, on the people who buy, the ones who manage the trust and on this whole situation. But it's all true. The negotiation exists. The sheikh exists. You should turn off the light and let people work. If the marriage takes place, it will be a great marriage. We talk about a gigantic person".

· Registered
51,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
A woman with huge (fake) arguments on her side, according to pics, and pretending to work for Pacific Media Group told us that her firm had to give up because Sampdoria had already been sold. The usual journalist took the bait.

Font Material property Screenshot Parallel Number

· Registered
51,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
I'm not adding updates because, while it's true that articles on this matter appear daily and Di SIlvio never stops pretending that work is in progress, the one truth which matters is that there is one decisive step which has to be taken and that step up to now has not been taken, in spite of all the words. I could mention the nth article of Renzo Parodi, but he has been wrong so many times before that I think it's pointless!
The comments I read in forums, written from experts of financial matters (I'm not, not at all!), have defined whatever has happened up to now from "extravagantly odd" to "hilariously fake". These are the comments I trust the most because the other comments come from people who hope, like me, that this is not going to end in nothing, but the hope is not enough.
Not that what Garrone Jr did, when he gave the club to Massimo Ferrero, wasn't extravagantly odd and hilariously... true!
The words of Ivano Bonetti who tells us to trust Di Silvio (who at this point doesn't really look trustworthy...) and the silence of Gianluca Vialli, mentioned by the same Di Silvio, increase our hope that there will be a deal or, at least, a work which is really in progress, whatever will be the outcome.

· Registered
51,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
For the nth time a deadline was suggested by the usual journalists who write long articles with a lot of detailed rubbish in it. And nothing happened!

Whatever is the situation, if the Qatari sheikh gave up I could start to accept the bankruptcy has a healthy reset. It might be better to start from scratch once than living ten more years of mediocrity. As long as the new owner is reliable and cares!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts