9th - Iraklis 29
10th - OFI 28
11th - Kallithea 27
12th - Ionikos 24
13th - Apollon Kalamaria 23
14th - Aris 23
15th - Ergotelis 19
16th - Kerkyra 16

For me Kerkyra seem to be gone. Ergotelis also seem doomed but you never know and they may drag Aris, Apollon or Ionikos down instead.
The teams in the top three seem to be confirmed barring a collapse in the top three. The final matches for the top three teams are as follows :-

Olympiacos
Panathinaikos (A)
Kalamarias (A)
Aigaleo (H)
Kerkyra (A)
Panionios (H)
Iraklis (A)

Panathinaikos
Olympiakos (H)
Ergotelis (A)
Chalkidona (H)
PAOK (A)
AEK (H)
OFI (A) :jester:

AEK
PAOK (H)
Xanthi (H)
OFI (A)
Ionikos (H)
Panathinaikos (A)
Kalamarias (H)

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
It's a crime to me that Aris, Ergotelis and Kerkyra are going down.

Why couldn't it have been Ionikos, Apollon Kalamaria, Kallithea etc....

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For me, Kerkyra seemed screwed the minute they fired Anastopoulos and hired Foiros. The best comment I heard this weekend was from a PAOK friend who turned and said to me, "The minute Aris get relegated, we have a huge party".
I'd hate to lose Ergotelis but hopefully they'll be back. Kerkyra too will have a chance to rebuild and try again.

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Aris will stay up i think

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the 3rd last side get into a play off? If so Aris are up as I can't see them in the bottom two spots. That said it will be sad to see Krkyra and Ergotelis go down. Especially the latter given their crowds. As for my lot, can't see us doing it. Should've beaten Halkidona and we'll have it tough away to OFI and pao as well as mpaok and xanthi giving us a tough time. But hey who said we were going for the title. :shades:

·
Registered
156 Posts
pao looks like we have the hardest run in,tough away games in toumba and ofi, and a derby with aek,but osfp has some tricky games having to play iraklis up north.still a lot can happen things are still wide open.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Although it's interesting to see who's going to be champions. It's also interesting to see, who's going to be the third team to be relegated.

With two games to go, we have...

14th - Aris (28 points)
13th - Kalamarias (30 points)
12th - OFI (31 points)
11th - Panionios (32 points)

Their opponents for the last two matches are :-

Aris - Iraklis (H), Kallithea (A)
Kalamarias - PAOK (A), AEK (H)
OFI - Ionikos (A), Panathinaikos (H)
Panionios - Olympiakos (A), Ergotelis (H)

I see Aris getting 2 points, Kalamarias getting 0 points, OFI getting 1 point and Panionios getting 3 points. I still see Aris getting relegated.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Aris are currently 2-1 down in their match. After Aris managed to claw a goal back, there was a large pitch invasion (the second in the match) and one of the Iraklis players was assaulted. Iraklis walked off the pitch and the game has been halted at half time. The police are trying to clear the stadium and then the game will restart.

All this is academic anyway as Kalamarias beat PAOK 2-1 and have now consigned Aris to relegation.

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
unless aris win the game

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Since the team was trailing by a goal and it's supporters invaded the pitch twice and engaged in criminal activity, I think the result will stand at the very least. The EPO may even deduct points. Either way, Aris are relegated.

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
yeah trusay

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Marcus7 said:
Aris are currently 2-1 down in their match. After Aris managed to claw a goal back, there was a large pitch invasion (the second in the match) and one of the Iraklis players was assaulted. Iraklis walked off the pitch and the game has been halted at half time. The police are trying to clear the stadium and then the game will restart.

All this is academic anyway as Kalamarias beat PAOK 2-1 and have now consigned Aris to relegation.
If there's any truth in the rumour that paok rigged this then they should REALLY be ashamed of themselves. Playing to lose so their rivals can go down, no dignity that lot! :dazed:

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't think PAOK played a rigged game but I do think they took advantage of the situation to turn out a younger side than expected. Mind you, they're in 4th place even if the lost the last matches 100-Nil. If theres nothing to be gained, why not blood some of the younger players.
If the tables were reversed, I'm certain Aris would have done the same.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
How many greek teams play UEFA??

and how come that Iraklis still hopes to play??

And apparently will make it difficult for Oly to win and take the Championship because of that??

And when is the game of the Cup final against Aris??

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
After the Aris match has been awarded to Iraklis (as many expect it will), they will have 41 points. If they win against Olympiakos and Aigaleo lose, then they will overtake Aigaleo for 6th place and grab the last UEFA place. Iraklis aren't the worst team in the world and will have home advantage so it will be a tough match for us. The Greek Cup Final takes place this saturday and see's us pitted against a relegated Aris who may just decide to play their hearts out. Both matches will be really tough but hopefully we will win both.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
From ert.gr

Aris is most probably relegated to B National following the Sports Judge decision regarding the incidents that occurred in Kleanthis Vikelidis stadium during the match versus Iraklis, which resulted in its interruption. As EPAE (Hellenic Association of Football Clubs) First Instance body ruled, the match is acknowledged in favour of Iraklis 2-0, the historic Thessalonikan team is penalized with a three-point loss, a 100,000-euro fine and will have to play behind closed doors in the next six matches. The grounds of the decision have not been announced yet, but the penalty is appealable. Aris will exercise their legal rights tomorrow morning, after having received the official decision in writing. However, it must be said that the decision will be very difficult to change.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts