Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wich are the rumours???

In who is Athletic, Erreala and Osasuna interested???

And wich are the youth targets??? Yes! I would like to know if Erreala and Athletic are disputing some lost basque gem in Barakaldo...or Antiguoko!!!

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Not much Drago, December´s market moves less players every year.

Maybe the most surprising new lately is that Athletic has denounced Osasuna for 600.000€ Osasuna owns Athletic since 98 for something related to when Osasuna was a joint club. Very strange this situation between 2 friend clubs, I can´t give you my opinion because I don´t know the "inside" information although I don´t trust much both Ugartetxe and Izco. For me this should have been solved between the clubs, but I suppose Athletic has denounced because they didn´t find a solution between themselves and well, 5 years is a lot of time.

The consecuence of this is that Osasuna can´t sign any player until they pay Athletic, and the most dangerous is that they can´t make effective the signing option they have now for Pierre Webó with Nacional de Montevideo? (not sure), Osasuna is trying to delay that option until June. Also, Pinheiro leaves Osasuna as well as Pipa Gancedo who wasn´t playing.

The only rumors are about players leaving, Mikel Alonso and Barkero sound for Eibar on loan but Amorrortu says he won´t sign anyone as a prize for the players who are doing so well, Felipe Guréndez sounds for Espanyol and Carlos Merino for Murcia, both on loan as well. Not much to say...

There isn´t any fight for Antiguoko players now;) the fantastic players I´m sure the club is producing are going to Erreala. Ermua says they could leave Athletic and go with Erreala, being a club from Bizkaia. Strange move by Erreala, they always said how bad Athletic was for having Antiguoko and Eibar in the past... anyway, Ermua isn´t a strong team.

Athletic signed a couple of months ago a very promising striker from Nafarroa, from Peña Sport I think, he stays there as loaned for this season and will enter in Lezama next year.

Fernando Llorente, Baskonia´s striker had an offer from Arsenal in summer. A very similar offer to what Barça´s star Cesç Fábregas had: money, training with the first team and playing the cup. Llorente refused.

More things, finally there are some players from our joint clubs in iparralde training once a week in Lezama, one very good apparently, Nantes, Erreala and Girondins were after him. They´ve taken the decission of keeping them in their clubs coming to lezama once a weak because of the bad experience with the promising defender Jean Luc Rey who apparently had problems of integration and returned to his club, but he is still "controlled" by Athletic.

That´s all I could think for now...:)

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
De Pedro to Blackburn Rovers or the Spurs says marca, well what looks probable is that his future is away from Donosti since Erreala hasn´t talked to him and he can negotiate with any club now.

Also Asier Del Horno can negotiate with any club now, I don´t understand, the club and him agree on the money and the duration of the contract but he hasn´t still renewed!!:wth: Zubi Zubi what are you doing.... apparently Txiki Begiristain is very interested in taking him to Barça..:fero:

Since Pinheiro is leaving and Moha is going to play the African Cup with Morocco, Javier Aguirre has promoted left winger Juan Ángel Seguro to the first team. He was born in México although he lives in Iruña since he was 7, has double nationality. He wasn´t accepted in Lezama, could he turn into the new Etxeberria or Mendieta?;) (A star who isn´t accepted by our great scouts:rolleyes: )

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Welcome MatteoQ! :cool:

Good to have you here :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Kaixo!

Kaixo! Eskerrak asko, fellas!

Just stumbled across this site. Whilst Australia has a Basque commuinity - well, Sydney does, anyway - there's nothing online.

Nice to be here, talking the talk - and that's all Im doing because all we get down here is ESPN. Must...get...satellite...

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
Txupa said:
De Pedro to Blackburn Rovers or the Spurs says marca, well what looks probable is that his future is away from Donosti since Erreala hasn´t talked to him and he can negotiate with any club now.
The British press seems to think that he's on his way to Blackburn or Birmingham. If you ask me, nobody's taking this story seriously enough. He'd be a star player (if not the star turn) at either club, yet the rumour is only ever given a line or two in the papers.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
MatteoQ said:
Hadn't heard the rumour of Del Horno leaving Athletic.

Ouch! Not good at all. :(
I think he will renew, he´s hardcore Athletic, I think he´s just trying to get a better contract because he feels he is not unprescindible but necessary, Larrazabal won´t continue and we don´t have a class left back in Bilbao Athletic. Would be sad to loose such a good prospect as him,:( I´m sure he´ll be in Portugal this summer.

But what is sure is that Barça is after some of our players, Txiki Begiristain wants to make a new eusko dream team, and he is also after Fran Yeste. It´s a bit scary knowing that Zubizarreta is a big friend of him, but hope he doesn´t sell anyone.:mad:

Two years ago Tiko, last summer Etxebe, now Del Horno and Yeste.... this Barcelona is always after our players.:groan:

Welcome MatteoQ:)

Bastin said:
The British press seems to think that he's on his way to Blackburn or Birmingham. If you ask me, nobody's taking this story seriously enough. He'd be a star player (if not the star turn) at either club, yet the rumour is only ever given a line or two in the papers.
Well, talking about De Pedro is difficult to take it seriously:rolleyes: every time the transfer market opens there are rumours about him. Looks like this time is something serious though, Erreala hasn´t talked to him so doesn´t look like he will renew and now is the only time they would get money for him. If you add that between injuries and Gabilondo´s form he isn´t playing much and that Olabe probably wants to sign someone because of the teams situation.... yes looks like he will leave and England is his nº 1 favourite destination.

He has a good name in the islands but I don´t know until what point is worth investing so much money in a 31 years old winger, even more with his back problems, each year he is going to play less. Although is true that only for the corners and FK, he´s worth some money, he has a glove in his left foot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Txupa said:

He has a good name in the islands but I don´t know until what point is worth investing so much money in a 31 years old winger
I'd have to agree, but the loss of Duff is hurting them BADLY.

Although last time there was talk of De Pedro's transfer I seem to recall the amount on offer was pretty average.

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
Txupa said:
He has a good name in the islands but I don´t know until what point is worth investing so much money in a 31 years old winger, even more with his back problems, each year he is going to play less. Although is true that only for the corners and FK, he´s worth some money, he has a glove in his left foot.
Blackburn's midfield is really struggling, though. Damien Duff's gone, David Dunn's gone, Barry Ferguson has not played as well as he did at Rangers, Steven Reid has disappointed since joining from Millwall, and Tugay will probably leave sooner rather than later. Dino Baggio is also only on loan until the end of the season. I guess that they could sign Muzzy Izzet (about £4m from Leicester), but he's not half the player De Pedro is, and Izzet won't add any width. De Pedro would be a revolution for them. They can hardly get any worse (4-0 loss to Birmingham on Saturday).

Birmingham, whilst higher in the table than Blackburn, don't have the reputation to attract De Pedro, IMO, nor do they really have a reason to sign him, unlike Blackburn.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
I understand, then I´m sure Javi would be a great signing for them, although I repeat that each year he is going to play less, he has problems with his back. Blackburn´s offer to Erreala is 1 million €, Erreala wants more, the player agrees with the offer.

·
Registered
160 Posts
MatteoQ, Great to see a fellow Aussie Basque as well!!!!. Im part of the melbourne Gure txoxo, my oldest brother is on the committee. Do you live in Brisbane? I know alot of Basques used to live in the north of Queensland, my late Aita was a cane cutter when he first came to Australia in the 1950s with many other vascos, alot moved back of course, but i think there are still a few who stayed

·
Registered
309 Posts
The press today says that barça is going to make an offer to Del Horno. The press from Barcelona says that Riijkard is looking for a left back coz Van Bronkhorst is not going to continue, and Asier is the chosen one.

Zubizarreta has just said today that Del Horno is close to sign with athletic,

so.... lets wait and see.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
THOR said:
The press today says that barça is going to make an offer to Del Horno. The press from Barcelona says that Riijkard is looking for a left back coz Van Bronkhorst is not going to continue, and Asier is the chosen one.

Zubizarreta has just said today that Del Horno is close to sign with athletic,

so.... lets wait and see.
Also heard it here in Holland, let's hope he'll stay.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Well, both Zubizarreta and Del Horno´s agent say that the agreement is close so let´s trust them. I trust Asier, he´s hardcore Athletic but I never trust agents and well, I´m sure he´s receiving great offers, it´s very difficult nowadays to find left backs of his level and age for free.

There are more clubs than Barça interested in Asier, clubs from Primera as Deportivo, maybe even Madrid depending on Roberto Carlos´s decision and today they have said in ETB that the 3 big teams from Holland are after him, maybe Prince of Knoert have heard about it. Also english and german teams have asked about him according to his agent.

He has also said he doesn´t hear the offers because he is negotiating with Athletic, and Asier´s only objective is renew his contract. I know Athletic can´t match some of the economical offers he is receiving out there, but Athletic offers other things than other clubs can´t.

There´s also a new rule by FIFA or UEFA I don´t know, apparently a player under 25 can´t leave to a same league team without receiving money, the clause can be put by the team and they can even keep the player for 1 more year. For that, the club will have to increase his salary for that year a 7% of the clause that has been put plus the "IPC" of that quantity.

I don´t understand it very well, maybe someone can explain in better, what I do understand is that Athletic can ask for money or even maintain the player for one more year. Let´s hope we don´t have to reach to this point.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Another rumor, I´ve read Athletic is after 23 years old Auxerre´s defensive mid François "Pantxi" Sirieix. There are good reports about him in Lezama since years ago.

I´ve been reading his statics this season and he has played 11 games (4 as starter) so he is not a regular, I suppose he is a player in progression though.

I don´t know, I would only sign him if he is a future star, we have 3 young players for that place: Gurpegi, Orbaiz and Bordas plus the ones coming from the youth ranks (Ibon Gutierrez and Andoitz) so I don´t know until what point is worth signing him, maybe if he was a defender...

Does someone know something else about him?

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/UCL/Players/Player=34622/

1 - 20 of 109 Posts