Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 1943 Posts

·
Darth Maul
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ROY KEANE was the only Premiership player picked by European Sports Magazines for their Team of the Season 1999-2000, with the chosen 11 including no British or other Premiership-based players.

The group consists of four Italian-based players in Sinisa Mihajlovic (Lazio), Paolo Maldini (AC Milan), Juan Veron (Lazio), and Andrei Shevchenko (AC Milan).

It also includes five Spanish-based players in Rivaldo (Barcelona), Roberto Carlos (Real Madrid), Luis Figo (Barcelona), Raul (Real Madrid), and Jocelyn Angloma (Valencia).

Bayern Munich goalkeeper Oliver Kahn completes the lineup that was picked by representatives of ESM's eight member football magazines.

·
Registered
739 Posts
OK, I´a huge Interfan and I can surelly NOT get away from the roumers that Innter will buy Keane from you.

I would love for him to join our side, BUT is actiully Fergusson so stupid that he would sell him ????

And who should replace him !??

Or is this just plain BS as usual when it comes to british media !??

Can anyone tell me more about this transfer !???

Thanks.

FORZA INTER !!!

·
Darth Maul
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Manchester United will be without Roy Keane and Teddy Sheringham for their important Champions League trip to Belgium on Tuesday.
Keane limped out of the Red Devils victory over Leeds in the first-half with a hamstring injury and joins calf-victim Sheringham in the treatment room.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson said: "Roy Keane will miss Tuesday as will Teddy Sheringham, who has a calf injury.

"Both of them are out. Ronny Johnsen came off at half-time with an ankle injury and we'll have to wait and see how he is for Tuesday.

The Norwegian’s absence would be the most crucial. With Jaap Stam definitely out, United’s defence has looked shaky and that would be emphasised should Johnsen fail to recover.

Sheringham has also been inspirational for the Old Trafford outfit this season, especially in Europe. The England striker scored the opening goal to help United past PSV last week.

Z

·
0 Posts
After roy keane's comments in midweek has this utd team really come to the end of the road. like liverpool did after the success of the 70's and 80's under paisly and shankly. But will the arrival of a new manager spell the end of utds soccess ?

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
All this loom and doom talk is wishful thinking from people who don't support ManYoo. Thou must have objectivity.

They consistantly under performed in Europe but still made the quarters. Only a fired up Bayern Munich managed to actually outplay them. They still won the PL without breaking a sweat.

Contrary to regular belief all they have to do is make some smart purchases and they'll be able to dominate again. A world class striker, a few promising midfielders and a defensive rock to partner Stam.

And their players aren't old. The average age of the squad is only 26.

It's true when Ferguson retires they'll face an uncertain future, but a club of Man U's calibre doesn't just fall to pieces. With the right manager they can still be among Europe's elite.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Besides, they're the richest football team in the whole world. W/ that kind of money, I think they'll be in good hands. W/ a little of spending here & there they'll be as good as new.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I mean just coz Manchester United have been now knocked out of the Champions League in the Quaters twice doesnt mean it's a bad underachieveing season i mean when they won it they had luck on there side i believe even though i hate the team they will be there even after Alex Ferguson's departure.:(

FORZA INTER

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
BECKHAM WARNING - SNIPES AT KEANE

by Patrick Goss

DAVID BECKHAM has been warned that Manchester United will not be pushed too far on his new contract talks, but the England international has slammed comments by captain Roy Keane and reiterated his desire to stay at Old Trafford.
Beckham is in talks for a new deal with the English champions, and has been told by chief executive Peter Kenyon that there has to be limits.

"We feel pretty confident that we can reach an agreement with David Beckham - but if the demands fall outside of that then we won't be able to do it - that's just how it is," said Kenyon.

However, Beckham has remained resolute that he will stay with United despite massive interest from Italian giants Milan, and also had a few words for those that were undermining dressing room secrecy - like Keane - by talking to the press about a crisis at the club.

"There are some players in this team who have not done as well as they should this season - but you should always stick together as a team," Beckham told BBC GMR radio.

"People have said there should be changes but we have won seven championships in nine years and that is not the sign of an average team.

"It is the manager that makes the decisions. If he thinks the team needs strengthening, then it is up to him what happens.

"It is going to be special next year for the manager, the team and the fans.

"I love United and, if contract talks go well, then I'll be staying

------------------------------------------------------------

After the CL lost to Bayern we all Know the Keane was critical of unnamed players, I thought that he was speaking about Beckham and this story makes me wonder if I was right. I agree with Becks on this Keano is the captain but he needs to keep his mouth shut to the press.

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
raulG said:
I personally think it's all over. The players are old.
which united team are u talking bout??
it aint the matt busby side of the 40's and 50's know mate..

look at our side

P neville: just on 25
G neville 27
Brown 23 ( i think)
Staam 28
Beckham 25
Giggs 27
Keano 29
Scholes 26
Butt 27
Cole 30
Yorke 30
Sheringham 34
RVN 23
Solskjaer 28
Silvestre 24
Irwin 34

GEE SO OLD!! 4 blokes over 30...

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Beechy said:
raulG said:
I personally think it's all over. The players are old.

look at our side

Staam 28
Beckham 25
Giggs 27
Keano 29

these are the only current players who may be worth a damn,

staam & Keane are getting up in years.
Giggs always seems to be injured.
Beckham, question his desire, prima donna

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Yes but Che we are not talking bout quality or desire, merely the age: that is what was quoted and that is what i comment on!!

the united side have been round for ages, they are not old merely getting out of date!!

·
Registered
17,812 Posts
It's ludicrous to even think Man U is close to be finished, especially judging by their league performances in the last four, five years. This season alone, although no treble feat, they pretty much captured the domestic title months ago. This is only the third year in succession and barely the seventh time in nine seasons that this bunch of 'no-hopers' have won the football championship of England!

Fergie is one of the best managers in the world, if not the best. I'll definitely have more confidence in him than anyone who is not even a Man U fan but will do anything to bash the biggest club in the world!

[Edited by Oldsocfan on 02-05-2001 at 14:41]

J

·
0 Posts
Yes Fergie says it again............in a reply to a question about Roy Keane's Brawling skills Fergie replied

"Roy is not just a footballer, he protects the young lads on the field. You have to have respect for someone A. who is Irish and B. who has probably won more bar brawls than any other footballer in the history of the game(Alex laughs)...........Roy would probably be part of an elite police force if football didn't get him, Roy drinks football but he's no Mug!"

This is from the Daily Sport so I doubt it's true

1 - 20 of 1943 Posts