Xtratime Community banner

The Rowett Revolution thread

6K views 128 replies 9 participants last post by  Tony Montana 
#1 ·
I'm lacking the enthusiasm to keep making match threads now we've cocked it all up again, so let's just have a thread for the rest of the season, starting tonight away at Blackburn

#2 ·
Most interesting point at half time, David Nugent started

#5 ·
I know. The only mild bit of excitement will be the forest game and hoping we can add to the chances of sending them down.

#6 ·
It is being reported in some newspapers that we are "keeping tabs" on Gary Monk who is out of contract at Leeds at the end of the season.

Think he'd be a great appointment, also think this is just lazy journalism.

#8 ·
Another good reason to cheer on the other 3 teams who make the play offs the. :D

#11 ·
Change of formation, lined up

Carson

Christie
Baird
Pearce
Olsson

De Sart
Johnson

Russell
Ince
Vydra

Nugent

Can't help but wonder whether this should have happened a couple of games ago, but never mind. Butterfield should replace de Sart and then I'd like to see this team given a few games. Hughes hasn't been the same since going off injured against Leicester.

#13 ·
Has the window for a Derby promotion expired?

This promising period summed up by two moments for me: dominating the playoff final only to lose in last minute to QPR and last season losing to Hull 3-0 at home in first leg (conceding the third in like the 96th minute), then proceed to dominate second leg and almost tie it all up, Hull barely playing any football for 180 minutes.

#14 ·
Quite possibly. I really do think we need a complete rethink in the summer. There's still the makings of a good team, but there just seems to be something missing and I'm really not sure McClaren is the man to solve the problem.

I really think we cocked up sacking Paul Clement, think we would have been promoted last season if we stuck with him, and if not definitely this season. Now it's all a bit of a mess from 3 different managers with one having his second crack at it.

#19 ·
He needs to have that ever allusive plan b though, which he doesn't seem to like

#21 ·
Another game we should have won, another late goal. Ground hog day...

#22 ·
Frustrating thing about last night, despite everything that's happened, if we see out the win last night, with other results going as they did, we'd have been back in with a faint sniff of the play offs. Unlikely still, but at least would have given some interest to the remaining games.

#24 ·
Late goals and goals from corners have been out achiles heel for sure.

#26 ·
From time to time is inevitable, all the time isn't. As soon as we concede a corner I fear the worst.

#27 ·
#28 ·
Away at Brighton tonight, on the telly so will be watching. Fancy a draw myself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.