Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with wayne Rooney heading off to manchester united most expected the Blue side of merseyside to struggle,Much has been the opposite and why is that so?Danny Moyes boys have been brilliant this campaign.

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
I wonder how Rooney feels now, leaving the club he's always loved to play for one of the big sides, yet his beloved side are 3rd in the table above the team he plays for now.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
I think with Rooney gone - most of the media attentions and expectations have gone with him too, leaving Moyes to concentrate on more important aspects of the team.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Pablo said:
I wonder how Rooney feels now, leaving the club he's always loved to play for one of the big sides, yet his beloved side are 3rd in the table above the team he plays for now.
I love that. how ironic. :happy:

·
Welcome To Jamrock
9,729 Posts
Everton in the CL! :hopefull:

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
A huge factor in Everton's 'revival' has been Thomas Gravesen's amazing form. The Dane has relished his new role as the playmaker of the team following Rooney's departure, and you can see it in his game.

·
Banned
343 Posts
Pablo said:
Any team can have NO moments. Everton is doing better than us but in the long run will they last? And it is an obvious thing we will come back and they will fade away. They are the Chievo of Serie A, a team that in the first phase does well and then fails. We shall see at the end of the tournament who laughs last. :)

And we are playing both EPL and CL, do not forget that.

·
Registered
607 Posts
they have a pretty decent transfer budget as well because of the rooney sale so there is no reason for it to fall apart like fulham and charlton last season.

question is would they have done so well with rooney, the mentality of the team would be different, the tactics would have revolved more around rooney, things would have been very different if he had stayed and not necesarily better.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
We'll see how they do after January, as that squad is even thinner than ours and it's bound to be completely tired and burnt out quicker than others. They really do need at least three more midfielders and another striker to take the load off of Bent.

But it's great to see Everton doing well again.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Queresma said:
question is would they have done so well with rooney, the mentality of the team would be different, the tactics would have revolved more around rooney, things would have been very different if he had stayed and not necesarily better.
They'd be much worse off still with Rooney, especially playing the way they are. Rooney wouldn't be able to go 90 minutes every week with the amount of sheer running Bent, Cahill, Osman, Gravesen and Carsley have to do. Those fat little legs would tire out after 50 odd minutes.

·
Registered
156 Posts
khimik said:
They'd be much worse off still with Rooney, especially playing the way they are. Rooney wouldn't be able to go 90 minutes every week with the amount of sheer running Bent, Cahill, Osman, Gravesen and Carsley have to do. Those fat little legs would tire out after 50 odd minutes.
Prozone shows that Rooney covers more ground than any other player in the Premiership.

Geeky fact of the day. ;)

·
Banned
343 Posts
khmik, now mate 50 minutes? Rooney still has to adapt to a team like ours but I think he can become, maybe not world class as some state, but a very good player for sure.

He is strong as an ox and yeah, maybe he needs more dribbling skills but his shooting can only get better.

And man can he dive! :D ;)

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Yes, he wouldn't last 50 minutes playing at the intensity of the running required to play for Everton now. That's what I said, Dagoods. Marcus Bent is covering multiple positions, defending all the time, dropping back into midfield and doing the work of four men. Rooney wouldn't be able to do that because of a) his fitness levels aren't as high as others and b) his age.

He would struggle to get to an hour playing the way Everton do.

·
Banned
343 Posts
We can discuss opinions and debate (even if you seem to be the dictator type of poster) yet, if you got to call me Dagoods we wont.

Rooney may need experience but to say he would last only 50 minutes is quite a premature thing to say since he is not even playing for Everton to judge. I have to admit to you that I thought he was gonna score more for us, but then again, the whole team is not doing too well. :)

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
khimik said:
Yes, he wouldn't last 50 minutes playing at the intensity of the running required to play for Everton now. That's what I said, Dagoods. Marcus Bent is covering multiple positions, defending all the time, dropping back into midfield and doing the work of four men. Rooney wouldn't be able to do that because of a) his fitness levels aren't as high as others and b) his age.

He would struggle to get to an hour playing the way Everton do.
No way! :D

I usually agree with you on most things, but I can't have that.

He gets all the "pie boy" quips, but he's probably one of the most naturally fit players in the league. Sven has said it, Fergie's said it and Moyes has said it. And it's there for everyone to see in his game.

He covers more ground than any United player I've seen. And he does play multiple roles for us. One minute he'll turn up at right-back, then left-wing, then scoring a goal in the box. He's playing a free-role for us, and it really has brought a whole new dimension to our team.

And in my opinion, he's one of the only players that could effectively play it for the sole reason that not many other 'playmakers' get back into the midfield and even defence so that we aren't overrun. Which we easily could be given that Roy Keane is our only defensive player in a front 6 that includes Ronaldo, Giggs and Scholes.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
General Zod said:
I have to admit to you that I thought he was gonna score more for us, but then again, the whole team is not doing too well. :)
:confused:

8 goals in 13 games uncluding 6 assists??

7 wins in a row??

:confused:

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
SuicideDD said:
No way! :D

I usually agree with you on most things, but I can't have that.

He gets all the "pie boy" quips, but he's probably one of the most naturally fit players in the league. Sven has said it, Fergie's said it and Moyes has said it. And it's there for everyone to see in his game.
He doesn't really come across as someone who covers a lot of ground, at least when I've watched him. I can admit I don't really pay a whole lot of attention to him (as I can't stand him) as I don't purposely sit down and watch United (I just usually leave it on in the background).

Do you have any stats about how much ground he covers? I know Ljungberg covers nearly 20km a match, and rarely stops running at all.

·
Banned
343 Posts
Yes I mean something spectacular! :D
And what I mean is that he can score but he scores like 3 in one and then be dry for 3 games. However, he will only get better. I would love to see Rooney score 31 goals one over Henry. :D :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts