Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
58,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
yeah heres the new exciting long time awaited thread about our great NB1 teams on their way to the crown of Eurofoci!

1) GOMBAFOCI KUPA

this time it's MTK, they will start in the 2nd round qualifiers against one of these teams:

Glasgow Rangers, Panathinaikos Athen, FC Basel, Fenerbahce Istanbul, RSC Anderlecht, Sparta Prague, Dynamo Kijev, Partizan Belgrad, Dinamo Zagreb, Wisla Krakow, Artmedia Petrzalka, Rapid Wien, AA Aalborg, Brann Bergen

in the next round will wait for us teams like:

FC Liverpool, FC Barcelona, Arsenal London, Schalke 04, Juventus Turin, Olympique Marseille, Steaua Bucharest, Olympiacos Piraeus, Shakhtar Donetsk, AC Fiorentina, Spartak Moscow, Atlético Madrid, Slavia Prague, Galatasaray Istanbul, CSKA Sofia, Vitória Guimarães, Standard Liège, Twente Enschede

2) VESZTES KUPA

Loki is in it definitely. our second representant will be decided between Honvéd, ETO and Újpest - depending on who wins the Cup final and the final league standings combined.

the 2 hungarian teams will start in the first qualifying round of the so-called Central-East Region as seeded teams.

possible opponents are:

FC Zestafoni (Georgia)
WIT Georgia Tbilsi (Georgia)
FC Vaduz (Liechtenstein) :D
FC MTZ-RIPO (Belarus)
Gomel (Belarus)
Khazar Lenkoran (Azerbaijan)
2nd place team from Azerbaijan
Ararat Yerevan (Armenia)
Banants Yerevan (Armenia)
Tobol Kostanay (Kazahstan)
Shakhter Karagandy (Kazahstan)
Runner-up San Marino Championship :)

3) INTERTOTO KUPA

Vidi, although having the starting rights for this competition, refused to do so, but ZTE seems to want that place. so egyenlöre let's look at it if ZTE is going to be our representant in that indeed very prestigious tournament. :D

they would play against the Kazah team, which is Zhetysu Taldykorgan who finished 5th in the 2007 season.

if they manage to advance they will get the Czech team in the 2nd round, FK Teplice.

in case of a win against Teplice they play against the winner of the fixture Sturm Graz - Lech Poznan (Poland) / Shahtjor Saligorsk (Belarus)

in case of the highly unlikely winning they advance directly to the Losers Kupa :)

·
Registered
58,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
big question: will we survive until September?

or will there be a "menetelés" i.e. at least one of our club is still in one of them competitions until, say, October?

:drunk:

·
Registered
42,849 Posts
I heard about that from Gabi. A challenging read.

With regard to the qualifiers, I can't think of anything to say that isn't predictable.

·
Registered
58,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
with regard to the qualifiers, well, probably the rich (i.e. non-hungarians) will get richer, the poor (i.e. hungarians) will get poorer. but hope dies at last. let's start the footie revolution. :)

·
First Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
42,192 Posts
I'm willing to take an avatar bet saying that all our teams will be kicked out of the first round :D

·
FM of the Year 2007
10,611 Posts
1) GOMBAFOCI KUPA

this time it's MTK, they will start in the 2nd round qualifiers against one of these teams:

Glasgow Rangers, Panathinaikos Athen, FC Basel, Fenerbahce Istanbul, :strong: RSC Anderlecht :strong:, Sparta Prague, Dynamo Kijev, Partizan Belgrad, Dinamo Zagreb, Wisla Krakow, Artmedia Petrzalka, Rapid Wien, AA Aalborg, Brann Bergen

in the next round will wait for us teams like:
If they draw us there will be no next round :strong: :pp

Honestly, only drawing Artmedia or Rapid Wien would be all right for MTK I guess.

·
Registered
6,895 Posts
CL qualifiers are getting absolutely awful and impossible for minor countries. I am having nostalgies about the old way of doing things.

·
FM of the Year 2007
10,611 Posts
CL qualifiers are getting absolutely awful and impossible for minor countries. I am having nostalgies about the old way of doing things.
Join the group :D

I've never been a fan of giving the numbers 2-3-4 of diffrent countries access to the CL. The old format, with 16 teams in groups of 4 was perfect to me. We're also gaining profit from the rule the Belgian n°2 can go to the CL this season, but if it belonged to me we could go back to the old format.

·
Registered
58,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
would be an interesting trip no doubt.

however, doesn#t uefa sponsor the clubs on their travellings to places like that?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.